Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Teranoid » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:45 am

You want extra chances at loot that's what you have to do. Getting these isn't supposed to be effortless (and yes standing in a city murdering lvl 1 pets with a lvl 25 is effortless).

The fact that people still think Blizz is just going to let them sit in town all day like in Cata when this entire expansion has been about being out in the world amazes me.
Teranoid

Postby Bellanka » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:51 am

Chunes wrote:
Bellanka wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Yeah god forbid instead of standing around in Stormwind you'll have to stand around in Stranglethorn instead.

Rough life.

Horde side on an Alliance dominated PVP server. If you go out and about not in PVP gear don't expect it to end well. Even if you do put PVP gear on, it doesn't really matter when it's 3+v1. It's the biggest reason I dislike doing dailies.

I mean, god forbid I'd prefer to run around the home city while waiting on LFR queues instead of having 5 people jump on me and camp my corpse. Eff me, right? =|

Don't worry, in 5.3 you'll be able to tank them with your 65% base resil!

Hold them off until help arrives. I can see it now.

/g "Hey Jan and Smight ... you guys busy? I have these three guys trying to gank me on the Isle. Could you come out and even the odds?"

"Sure, we'll be there in like 5 minutes."

"I'll be here. AFK Bio while you guys get here."
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 am

Teranoid wrote:You want extra chances at loot that's what you have to do. Getting these isn't supposed to be effortless (and yes standing in a city murdering lvl 1 pets with a lvl 25 is effortless).

The fact that people still think Blizz is just going to let them sit in town all day like in Cata when this entire expansion has been about being out in the world amazes me.

I think this actually hits the core of why I no longer participate in the PvE loot and scoot. Everyone moans about how much they loathe the dailies, how little loot they get from whatever it is they are doing and in general, how grindy everything seems to be.

My philosophy coming back to the game is this: If you're not having fun doing it, why the fuck are you doing it in the first place?

I've had more fun reading the quest text, exploring nooks and crannies of the game world, PvP'ing and doing old content than I ever did in the dying throes of my raiding career through the end of wrath and through the first tier of cata raids.
Chunes

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 am

Bellanka wrote:
halabar wrote:Blizz giveth and taketh away...

They nerfed low-level pet battles (lvl 5 and under) so if you are gonna farm lesser charms, you need to be out in the world to do it.

They are getting rather twitchy with the changes lately...

=|

Is this on live, or still on PTR? If it's still PTR, I need to cap lesser charms on two toons.

Live, supposedly it was a hotfix. There is no real cap on lesser charms.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Bellanka » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 am

halabar wrote:
Bellanka wrote:
halabar wrote:Blizz giveth and taketh away...

They nerfed low-level pet battles (lvl 5 and under) so if you are gonna farm lesser charms, you need to be out in the world to do it.

They are getting rather twitchy with the changes lately...

=|

Is this on live, or still on PTR? If it's still PTR, I need to cap lesser charms on two toons.

Live, supposedly it was a hotfix. There is no real cap on lesser charms.

I thought they capped at 999?
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Daeva001 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:35 am

Need another 9 in there. 9999.
Daeva001

Postby Fetzie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:20 pm

Daeva001 wrote:Need another 9 in there. 9999.

Limit was 1,000,000 from 5.1 until 5.2, when they removed the cap completely.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Teranoid » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Chunes wrote:
Teranoid wrote:You want extra chances at loot that's what you have to do. Getting these isn't supposed to be effortless (and yes standing in a city murdering lvl 1 pets with a lvl 25 is effortless).

I think this actually hits the core of why I no longer participate in the PvE loot and scoot. Everyone moans about how much they loathe the dailies, how little loot they get from whatever it is they are doing and in general, how grindy everything seems to be.

My philosophy coming back to the game is this: If you're not having fun doing it, why the fuck are you doing it in the first place?

Hit the nail on the head.
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:05 pm

it has to be a pet that can get xp from the battle, so at most lvl 6 anywhere on your team..so not quite as effortless (you have to switch pets around every 15 min or so)

and honestly, in cata we did just sit in town
hit dungeon queues, wait for someone from our raid to go to the raid and use have group will travel,
the only time i left SW was for molten front dailies and to farm ..and occasionally tol barad dailies
i spend more time outside of a city now with my farm, having to go to the lightning forge to craft the new bs gear, and having to be in the silken fields to make imperial silk...plus all the dailies and warbringer farming i do

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 pm

bldavis wrote:it has to be a pet that can get xp from the battle, so at most lvl 6 anywhere on your team..so not quite as effortless (you have to switch pets around every 15 min or so)

That is the part that got nerfed. You need to get out into the wilds to earn charms apparently, which will get annoying if you are trying to grind for a pile of charms.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:01 pm

God damn, glad I got six hundred last week then.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Do you usually find people who have fun doing dailies beyond maybe the first week?

The answer to why people do activities they don't enjoy is pretty simple - because Blizzard adds the incentive. The point of the incentive IS to get people to do the activity; it's not really a mystery why the fuck people do it.

and honestly, in cata we did just sit in town
hit dungeon queues, wait for someone from our raid to go to the raid and use have group will travel,
the only time i left SW was for molten front dailies and to farm ..and occasionally tol barad dailies

Even the ever-vaunted BC and Classic were spent sitting in town. Except instead of sitting in town with an LFD queue, you sat in town going /2 "LF More for Steamvaults, need 1 DPS and Healer" or some variation thereof.

~60 of the 200 days /played on my Priest were racked up in the Aldor Bank.
Darielle

Postby Koatanga » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 pm

Chunes wrote:My philosophy coming back to the game is this: If you're not having fun doing it, why the fuck are you doing it in the first place?

Not the first time we've sen this "philosophy". The answer is that in order to be as effective a you can be doing the things you want to do, you have to do the grindy, boring things you don't like doing.

This mirrors life in some respects. I don't particularly want to get up at 7 am to go to work, but I do in order to earn money to do the things I like to do. The grindy bits support the fun bits.

As long as the enjoyment of the fun bits exceeds the dislike of the grindy bits, we'll keep doing it. The issue is that Bliz is treading too close to, or in cases has gone over, the line where the fun bits outweigh the grindy bits.

People resent having their fun bits taken away, so for a while even though the grindy bits outweigh the fun bits, people will still do the grindy bits in order to have the fun bits. but after a while, the realisation that this is more grindy than fun dawns on people, and they become resentful of the grind.

I used to like having alts, for example, but in this xpac it's so bloody grindy at end game that I know my alt will stall there, unused, because to get anything you have to grind. That takes a lot of the fun away. Does it make the game completely unfun? No, but it does diminish the enjoyment I have in the game, and I am resentful of Bliz for doing it that way.

What would I change? Well, for one I would have any alt start at minimum revered with all of factions for which my main is exalted. That eliminates the rep grind required to purchase valor gear, while still making the main go through it once. If my main is so badass as to be exalted with these people, you'd think my main saying "... and this is my [brother/cousin/wife/nephew]" would earn him instant esteem. Why do people give a crap about Kate Middleton except that she's married to Prince William? It would be more realistic.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Except that I'd have a hard time seeing a Human say that this Draenei is his brother :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 pm

Blood brothers? Battle brothers? Brothers in law (sister was kinda freaky, you know)?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General