Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby cdan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Must be 5.3. 22GB is a bit more than a hot fix unless they are deleting dailies and pokewow like any rational software development company would. :)
cdan

Postby bldavis » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:39 pm

cdan wrote:Must be 5.3. 22GB is a bit more than a hot fix unless they are deleting dailies and pokewow like any rational software development company would. :)

unless they are adding a new way to get lesser charms, might as well remove the bonus roll ..... :shock:

maye that is the bad RNG protection...just removing the extra RNG from it! you dont have to worry about getting double gold constantly! you can now only get single gold! :?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fetzie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:53 am

bldavis wrote:
cdan wrote:Must be 5.3. 22GB is a bit more than a hot fix unless they are deleting dailies and pokewow like any rational software development company would. :)

unless they are adding a new way to get lesser charms, might as well remove the bonus roll ..... :shock:

maye that is the bad RNG protection...just removing the extra RNG from it! you dont have to worry about getting double gold constantly! you can now only get single gold! :?

They'll be dropping from level 90 and higher enemies in 5.3
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:00 am

oh yeah..forgot that change

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:53 am

Pretty nervous about these pvp changes. Everybody's getting baseline 65% resi now, pvp power now takes roughly 2x as many points to get the same % change in damage as 5.2

I mean, closing a gear gap is well and good, if you're on the bottom of that gear gap. I'm just wondering what this is going to do to the flow of battle in 2's and 3's. I can see it being nice not getting insta-deleted in BG's if you have shit gear, but if the difference between a contenders scrub and full tyrannical is not significant, it's going to be hard to justify the time spent in pvp.
Chunes

Postby Stubblerump » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:37 am

Chunes wrote:Pretty nervous about these pvp changes. Everybody's getting baseline 65% resi now, pvp power now takes roughly 2x as many points to get the same % change in damage as 5.2

I mean, closing a gear gap is well and good, if you're on the bottom of that gear gap. I'm just wondering what this is going to do to the flow of battle in 2's and 3's. I can see it being nice not getting insta-deleted in BG's if you have shit gear, but if the difference between a contenders scrub and full tyrannical is not significant, it's going to be hard to justify the time spent in pvp.

^This. PvE is about beating the mechanics of fights that basically don't change. There's progression, with gear as a means to an end. But beating the boss is the real achieve. Unless you're a top 10% arena player, PvP is about getting gear so you can destroy lesser geared/skilled players. If it doesn't matter what you wear into PvP environs, then it's pointless to spend time farming conquest to get better gear. Blizz has gone overboard placating the whiners that go into PvP with PvE gear (usually even crap PvE gear at that) and cry about getting destroyed by people that PvP all the time and have uber gear to show for it. Devaluing the benefits of PvP gear is just taking away the incentive to do it in the first place.
Stubblerump

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:45 am

Preach stubble.

The really silly thing is that you can farm the honor set in less than a week if you put your mind to it. Hell, you don't even have to BG to do it. Just kill the Krasarang rares every hour for a quick 700+ honor.

Once you have the honor gear, you are already at the top of the bell curve in terms of gear (i.e. median, you should rape about as much as you get raped). Honestly from what I've been able to tell so far, the difference between Malevolent and Tyrannical (honor vs. conquest) is not as great as the difference between Contenders and Malevolent (crafted blues vs welfare honor purps). Sure, a Tyrannical-geared char will beat me, but they won't straight up delete me. If I (as a full malev +2pc tyr) go up against someone rocking contenders, I'll shit on them.

If they wanted to fix the issue quickly with minimal impact, just buff the damn contender gear so it's not as effective as quest greens relative to the power of the two other pvp sets...
Chunes

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:55 am

Blizz giveth and taketh away...

They nerfed low-level pet battles (lvl 5 and under) so if you are gonna farm lesser charms, you need to be out in the world to do it.

They are getting rather twitchy with the changes lately...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:57 am

Stubblerump wrote:Devaluing the benefits of PvP gear is just taking away the incentive to do it in the first place.

Yep. As a scrub I expect to get slammed.

I think they're trying to increase participation. Those efforts usually lead to alienation.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Bellanka » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:59 am

halabar wrote:Blizz giveth and taketh away...

They nerfed low-level pet battles (lvl 5 and under) so if you are gonna farm lesser charms, you need to be out in the world to do it.

=|

Is this on live, or still on PTR? If it's still PTR, I need to cap lesser charms on two toons.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:01 am

halabar wrote:Blizz giveth and taketh away...

haha well, there goes my only incentive to play pokemon.
Chunes

Postby Teranoid » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:30 am

Yeah god forbid instead of standing around in Stormwind you'll have to stand around in Stranglethorn instead.

Rough life.
Teranoid

Postby Bellanka » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:36 am

Teranoid wrote:Yeah god forbid instead of standing around in Stormwind you'll have to stand around in Stranglethorn instead.

Rough life.

Horde side on an Alliance dominated PVP server. If you go out and about not in PVP gear don't expect it to end well. Even if you do put PVP gear on, it doesn't really matter when it's 3+v1. It's the biggest reason I dislike doing dailies.

I mean, god forbid I'd prefer to run around the home city while waiting on LFR queues instead of having 5 people jump on me and camp my corpse. Eff me, right? =|
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:40 am

Having the Lesser Charms reward be based on the players level only was a bad idea to begin with as it should have be both player and pet level.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:44 am

Bellanka wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Yeah god forbid instead of standing around in Stormwind you'll have to stand around in Stranglethorn instead.

Rough life.

Horde side on an Alliance dominated PVP server. If you go out and about not in PVP gear don't expect it to end well. Even if you do put PVP gear on, it doesn't really matter when it's 3+v1. It's the biggest reason I dislike doing dailies.

I mean, god forbid I'd prefer to run around the home city while waiting on LFR queues instead of having 5 people jump on me and camp my corpse. Eff me, right? =|

Don't worry, in 5.3 you'll be able to tank them with your 65% base resil!
Chunes

PreviousNext

Return to General