Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:57 am

So speculation on it dropping? 1 month?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenris » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:38 am

Flex wrote:
Fenris wrote:Seriosly,this time he just sounds stupid.

"The only reason to have a tank in pvp is to carry a flag,so we are making it so that other specs are as viable as they are"

Pretty sure Chunes just about sums it up about why this is being done.

People not focussing healers make wonders for anyone ability to survive 2+ ganks

By the way,from today update

Glyph of the Battle Healer now heals a nearby injured friendly target, excluding the Paladin, for 20% of damage dealt while Seal of Insight is active, down from 30%.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Woot! #1

Leveling XP from 85-90 reduced by 33%. Perfect timing for the gnomelockproject.

Woot! #2

Mogu Runes of Failbag cost reduced to 50 Lesser Charms.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:05 pm

cant wait for both of them

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Teranoid » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:09 pm

halabar wrote:Leveling XP from 85-90 reduced by 33%.

Teranoid

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:47 pm

halabar wrote:Mogu Runes of Failbag cost reduced to 50 Lesser Charms.

Wow. I farmed 640 charms this weekend via pet battles. Nice to know I've got enough to last out the expansion!
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Fenris wrote:By the way,from today update

Glyph of the Battle Healer now heals a nearby injured friendly target, excluding the Paladin, for 20% of damage dealt while Seal of Insight is active, down from 30%.

Oh well, I always thought that glyph was ridiculously overpowered.

Have they announced a nerf to sacred shield yet? That does the most healing for me, sometimes putting my total healing ahead of a healer (e.g. on Horridon 10N).

I'm no expert, but it seems that we are just too good at the moment. If a palatank is a tank plus half a healer, and can often solo tank bosses due to bubbles etc, why bring any other tank? It's not like we are any more squishy or lower dps to compensate - if anything we have higher effective health and more "smooth" damage intake than other tanks.
econ21

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:02 pm

econ21 wrote:
Fenris wrote:By the way,from today update

Oh well, I always thought that glyph was ridiculously overpowered.

Have they announced a nerf to sacred shield yet? That does the most healing for me, sometimes putting my total healing ahead of a healer (e.g. on Horridon 10N).

I'm no expert, but it seems that we are just too good at the moment. If a palatank is a tank plus half a healer, and can often solo tank bosses due to bubbles etc, why bring any other tank? It's not like we are any more squishy or lower dps to compensate - if anything we have higher effective health and more "smooth" damage intake than other tanks.

I'd say that glyph *still is* overpowered. It's free healing (and lets not forget the aggro), that if I am not mistaken, isn't available to other classes. I'm amazed they haven't locked us out from it entirely (say by nerfing it ala censure).

I actually think the escalated quickly is meant as sarcasm (that's how I took it)... as it only took 3 patches to realize what we figured out when the expansion dropped.
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Problem with pala tanks is that they are a tank who does more dps than most DPS, and almost the same healing as a healer. Basically 3 characters in 1.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Worldie wrote:Problem with pala tanks is that they are a tank who does more dps than most DPS while getting smacked around by a raid boss, and almost the same healing as a healer. Basically 3 characters in 1.

FTFY. The pally off-tank that isn't getting any vengence is still doing craptacular damage.
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:44 pm

lesser charm change now hotfix

im just gonna leave this here

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Yes, what I meant is that other tanks don't do that much DPS while tanking

Also, can someone help me understanding this kind of patch changes
Revival now has a healing cap of 15 raid members (up from 6) when used in a 25-player instance.

I don't understand, my monk's Revival (and my priest VE which has similar change) heal all 25 members, when did they get a 6 player cap O_O?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenris » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:44 am

Worldie wrote:Problem with pala tanks is that they are a tank who does more dps than most DPS, and almost the same healing as a healer. Basically 3 characters in 1.

Well,that's not only paladins

Might be because i used control/mastery instead of control/haste up to...today,but my monk co-tank sits easily above me for dps and really close on healing.

Always.

I'd say that glyph *still is* overpowered. It's free healing (and lets not forget the aggro), that if I am not mistaken, isn't available to other classes.

Black ox statue and blood parasites

We get our "free raid healing" via the glyph,druids and warriors are left in the cold,if i'm not missing anything
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:55 am

Worldie wrote:Yes, what I meant is that other tanks don't do that much DPS while tanking

Playing with bad tanks then. In any situation where paladin tanks do spectactular damage, so will any other tank if placed in similar circumstances. Prot warriors and possibly dks are a little behind, but nothing major. The main thing is prot paladins can solo tank a lot of fights without the need for external HoPs, so they appear to be doing more than other tanks would do, simply because the other tanks require tank swaps and so lose vengeance. But there's examples of each tank doing ~300k dps on horridon 25 heroic, or ~400k on tortos 10 heroic, just requires external HoPs for non-paladins on horridon and misdirects and external cds on tortos.
Rhiannon

Postby Winkle » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:02 am

The problem isn't the glyph, the problem is that the gearing strategy adopted by most paladins wasn't what blizzard expected during development of MoP.

With haste stacking we're doing more damage and consequently producing more healing.
Winkle

PreviousNext

Return to General