Blizzcon 2013 - November 8 & 9, 2013

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Blizzcon 2013 - November 8 & 9, 2013

Postby PsiVen » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:07 am

I think we'll probably be going to the WoWInsider party as well, might be best just to bump into each other there. The bar we went to last time was a long walk from the NW end of the con, probably not the ideal place.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Shamora » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Any other gatherings/parties like the WoWInsider one goin on that would be worth goin to?
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby theckhd » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:24 am

So, this is a thing:
http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/forum/ ... 0433103763

My Sacred Duty colleagues and I thought it would be a good idea to schedule a time at the Meeting Stone to meet, greet, and most importantly thank our readers/watchers. Since we have our hammers in a number of different projects (Final Boss TV, Sacred Duty, Maintankadin, WoW Insider) we decided to make it a general meet-up rather than just a "Maintankadin meet-up" or a "Sacred Duty" meet-up.

We're calling it Palapalooza because the five of us are the core group that are promising to be there:

Theck - Blogger at Sacred Duty, moderator at Maintankadin, theorycrafter, Tank in <Cadenza> Tichondrius-US

Anafielle - Co-host on Final Boss TV, blogger at Sacred Duty, Twitterista, Retribution in <Something Wicked> Whisperwind-US

Meloree - Blogger at Sacred Duty, retired tank from <Edge> Garona-US

Rhidach - Protection Paladin blogger at WoW Insider, blogger at Righteous Defense, tank in <Business Time> Moonrunner-US

Antigen/Lysogen - Retribution Paladin blogger at WoW Insider, Retribution in <Cadenza> Tichondrius-US

Just to make it completely clear, this is not a paladin-only meet-up. We'd love to meet all of our readers/fans, no matter what class you play. We want to say hi to all of you, and we want to thank you in person for all the clicks, views, and comments you've given us over the years.

Links to where you can find us:
http://www.sacredduty.net
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/
http://finalboss.tv/
http://wow.joystiq.com/category/the-lig ... -swing-it/
http://rhida.ch/

On twitter
@TheckPhD
@Anafielle
@MelofEdge
@Rhidach
@Antigen_

Thought was that this could also be an open maintankadin meet-up, since the WoWI party will probably be crowded and hard to identify folks.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Fetzie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:47 am

Maybe I'll make the trek over the pond for next year's Blizzcon. The meetups and parties are usually open to all, not just to ticket holders, right?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:07 am

Fetzie wrote:Maybe I'll make the trek over the pond for next year's Blizzcon. The meetups and parties are usually open to all, not just to ticket holders, right?

Meetups in public places are open to all (if it's inside the venue, you won't get in without a ticket). As for the parties... the WoW Insider party was by invitation/confirmation only. We had to sneak in with bracelets from people who had already left the party.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:15 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Fetzie wrote:Maybe I'll make the trek over the pond for next year's Blizzcon. The meetups and parties are usually open to all, not just to ticket holders, right?

Meetups in public places are open to all (if it's inside the venue, you won't get in without a ticket). As for the parties... the WoW Insider party was by invitation/confirmation only. We had to sneak in with bracelets from people who had already left the party.

That was the wowhead/Curse private party in the Hilton on Friday night, unless I'm misremembering. The WoWI party was at the Annabella patio on Thursday night.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:51 am

theckhd wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

That was the wowhead/Curse private party in the Hilton on Friday night, unless I'm misremembering. The WoWI party was at the Annabella patio on Thursday night.

Aha. Wasn't sure which one it was tbh so took a shot in the dark. Whoops!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Pfife » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:55 pm

theckhd wrote:Palapalooza on Saturday, 4pm @ the Meeting Stone (near the entrances between halls B and C)

Now I know when and where to wear my Maintankadin shirt.
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:33 am

Nikachelle wrote:Aha. Wasn't sure which one it was tbh so took a shot in the dark. Whoops!

Yeah, they switched it around on us this year too, which makes it extra confusing. This year WH and WoWI are paired together Thursday. I'm not sure if there's a Curse private party or not yet. Probably, but clearly I wasn't invited! :P
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:34 am

Pfife wrote:
theckhd wrote:Palapalooza on Saturday, 4pm @ the Meeting Stone (near the entrances between halls B and C)

I went to pack mine yesterday, but decided against it. I ordered a small, which was already a little tight on me in 2011. Turns out it's even tighter on the 2013 version of me that's ~10-15 lbs heavier. It really wasn't flattering. Wonder if Aergis has any mediums left over.
theckhd

Postby jere » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:25 am

theckhd wrote:
I went to pack mine yesterday, but decided against it. I ordered a small, which was already a little tight on me in 2011. Turns out it's even tighter on the 2013 version of me that's ~10-15 lbs heavier. It really wasn't flattering. Wonder if Aergis has any mediums left over.

So are you saying that your Theck Waistline Index (TWI) has increased due to tanking heroic lunches and now your shirt needs an appropriate iLvL increase to compensate?
jere

Postby Pfife » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:56 pm

theckhd wrote:
Pfife wrote:

Note to self; try on my Maintankadin shirt before packing it.

I'd also like to see if anybody would be up for meeting before the doors open on Friday and aim for good seating in the main hall. Based on the schedule I don't plan on leaving it for the entire day and would like to see if we can coordinate seat reserves for the ones people will be leaving and returning for other parts (and allow me to get lunch and hit the bathroom without loosing my seat). PM me if you are interested and we can possibly swap cell #s to coordinate on Friday.
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Postby Shamora » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:19 pm

So long story short my friend and I have a spare Blizzcon ticket. We plan on taking the goodie bag to send to a friend, but the entry to Blizzcon is free for anyone that wants it.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby sahiel » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:32 am

4pm Saturday at the stone sounds good, definitely much less of a walk which is nice! Shall do my best to turn up and experience the TWI in person! ;)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:15 am

Shamora wrote:So long story short my friend and I have a spare Blizzcon ticket. We plan on taking the goodie bag to send to a friend, but the entry to Blizzcon is free for anyone that wants it.

dibs!!!
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General