patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:08 am

Klaudandus wrote:I sure hope so. It was annoying to die in garalon several times when his health was below 5% when he hit enrage

I'm wondering if that's the case as well. Looking at the first three fights it seems like there's still a lot of soft enrage mechanics.

Boss 1: kill boss before room turns into shit and you die.
Boss 2: kill all the things before you get overwhelmed by adds or giant dinosaur enrages and eats your raid.
Boss 3: break empowerment before raid gets AOE to death, while also dealing with ten other mechanics.

These look like fun, active fights, but I don't know that they fit into the "do mechanics and you can do boss" paradigm.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:12 am

Qeeze wrote:My prediction, the next patch will be about lore and so on, and the next raid will probably be released in August or September.

Well on the 2 month cycle T16 should release in early July. Thats the summer, and the tradeoff between some people ( mainly the kids) having a lot of time, and some people bbeing away for summer holidys, make it plausible that its in augist. But that also means that we will have 4 tiers this expansion or run into the 6+ month final tier - even with 5.5 added in with story etc, we still don't have any idea when they will announce next expansion (smart money is on blizzcon), and then there is the beta which historically takes some months (The last one I had access to for almost 6 months prior to release).

So unless they are going to be going wit "mini-expansions" in terms of new stuff, I think T15 will be dragged out to at least september (3 month cycle x 2 for 2 patches) and an announcement at blizzcon with the last story patch in early december, and beta starting in early feb next year - and then hoping the beta will keep "us" occupied without a new raid tier. (Doesn't sound too exciting though)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:43 am

Nooska wrote:Well on the 2 month cycle T16 should release in early July.

There will be a small patch about 3 months from now with new storylines about the Horde and Alliance, then a few months after that will be a new raid tier. So this will be about 6 months of this raid content.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:11 pm

I predict yet another "legendary gem" for next patch, what about necks? I'm surprise no neck piece has a gem slot, aren't necklaces ideal for a huge gem hanging in?
djlar

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Nooska wrote:It will leave people trying to gear up hopelessly behnd, because LFR is the stated catch-up mechanism, to have an ilvl worthy of being recruited into a T15 guild (or gods forbid, trying to gear up to start raiding as a group) and be able to do more than see the first three bosse son normal (per teh statements out there from designers), you need quite a bit of gear above ilvl 500 - and considering the only gear above ilvl 500 is from T14H, T15N, T15L and the rep you gain in T15, its just a brick wall to trying to gear up. Now I wouldn't have a big issue for gearing Nooska, but so help me if I wanted to gear up either Morosin or Niisca, yikes...

Yep, totally. As I said before, just looking at my current raid team, which still has plenty of blues, it will take quite a while to get to where everyone is 500+.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Nooska wrote:
Qeeze wrote:My prediction, the next patch will be about lore and so on, and the next raid will probably be released in August or September.

Well on the 2 month cycle T16 should release in early July. Thats the summer, and the tradeoff between some people ( mainly the kids) having a lot of time, and some people bbeing away for summer holidys, make it plausible that its in augist. But that also means that we will have 4 tiers this expansion or run into the 6+ month final tier - even with 5.5 added in with story etc, we still don't have any idea when they will announce next expansion (smart money is on blizzcon), and then there is the beta which historically takes some months (The last one I had access to for almost 6 months prior to release).

So unless they are going to be going wit "mini-expansions" in terms of new stuff, I think T15 will be dragged out to at least september (3 month cycle x 2 for 2 patches) and an announcement at blizzcon with the last story patch in early december, and beta starting in early feb next year - and then hoping the beta will keep "us" occupied without a new raid tier. (Doesn't sound too exciting though)

Sounds about right.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:49 pm

In the interviews last week it was mentioned that patch 5.3 will start to bring the story back to the Horde and Alliance rather than about Pandaria, and 5.4 would be Orgrimmar. They also said they were trying to avoid the extra-long wait between the last tier and next expansion. But the timing of Blizzcon so late in the year doesn't seem well placed for an announcement unless the gap is gonna be just as big as normal.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Lieris » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Teranoid wrote:It's almost cringeworthy reading the R&D forums with people claiming Blizzard is treating them like "second class citizens" because they're not unleashing the entire raid in LFR today.

The ignorance of this playerbase never ceases to amaze me. This really IS the entitlement generation.

I see nothing has changed.

If they unlocked LFR today these same people would be making topics next month complaining about having seen all the content and being bored already. If they want to see the thunder king raid nothing is stopping them doing it on normal but if they just want to do LFR then that's their problem.

Also unless something has changed since I last played, ANYONE can make the step up to real raiding if they can demonstrate that they have made the most of the gear available to them, can write a decent application (this is still shockingly rare) and semi-decent conversational skills when an officer asks questions. They are deluding themselves if they think day one LFR is a ticket to easy catchup epics and a good guild. If a guild wants you they will gear you up on farm epics within a few resets anyway; my friend's guild is 16/16 heroic (I think I have that number right) and they recruited someone in mediocre gear a few weeks ago because he knew how to write an app, had good experience and was the right class/spec. If you can sell yourself properly it doesn't matter if you still have a few blues or whatever, it really isn't that important.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Lieris wrote:If they unlocked LFR today these same people would be making topics next month complaining about having seen all the content and being bored already.

Agreed. Complaints either way. You can't please most of the people most of the time.

Lieris wrote:They are deluding themselves if they think day one LFR is a ticket to easy catchup epics and a good guild.

I don't think that was the point we were making.. the issue is still the work involved in catchup, assuming you don't have a already well geared group to drag you through. As I mentioned before, my raid team is going to need to do a lot before they are ready for N T15.

halabar

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:But the timing of Blizzcon so late in the year doesn't seem well placed for an announcement unless the gap is gonna be just as big as normal.

I'm gonna guess the big things will be 1) Starcraft 2 Protoss campaign information 2) Next WoW expansion 3) Diablo 3's first expansion 4) First systems preview of Titan
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:29 pm

KysenMurrin wrote: They also said they were trying to avoid the extra-long wait between the last tier and next expansion. But the timing of Blizzcon so late in the year doesn't seem well placed for an announcement unless the gap is gonna be just as big as normal.

They've been saying that for how many expansions now?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Flex wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:But the timing of Blizzcon so late in the year doesn't seem well placed for an announcement unless the gap is gonna be just as big as normal.

I'm gonna guess the big things will be 1) Starcraft 2 Protoss campaign information 2) Next WoW expansion 3) Diablo 3's first expansion 4) First systems preview of Titan

Would be amazing (and nice) if we get all 4 of those...

halabar

Postby Lieris » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:32 pm

halabar wrote:I don't think that was the point we were making.. the issue is still the work involved in catchup, assuming you don't have a already well geared group to drag you through. As I mentioned before, my raid team is going to need to do a lot before they are ready for N T15.

Nooska brought up recruitment and making the step up to proper raiding so I addressed that specifically. I appreciate LFR would help your guild but isn't there a bunch of new rep and badge gear too? I can't pretend to know what it's like for your guild but overall I think LFR is harmful enough for normal guilds in terms of player pool for recruitment, having it super early like with Dragon Soul (*spit*) would hurt guilds like yours even more.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Lieris wrote:
Teranoid wrote:It's almost cringeworthy reading the R&D forums with people claiming Blizzard is treating them like "second class citizens" because they're not unleashing the entire raid in LFR today.

The ignorance of this playerbase never ceases to amaze me. This really IS the entitlement generation.

I see nothing has changed.

If they unlocked LFR today these same people would be making topics next month complaining about having seen all the content and being bored already. If they want to see the thunder king raid nothing is stopping them doing it on normal but if they just want to do LFR then that's their problem.

Also unless something has changed since I last played, ANYONE can make the step up to real raiding if they can demonstrate that they have made the most of the gear available to them, can write a decent application (this is still shockingly rare) and semi-decent conversational skills when an officer asks questions. They are deluding themselves if they think day one LFR is a ticket to easy catchup epics and a good guild. If a guild wants you they will gear you up on farm epics within a few resets anyway; my friend's guild is 16/16 heroic (I think I have that number right) and they recruited someone in mediocre gear a few weeks ago because he knew how to write an app, had good experience and was the right class/spec. If you can sell yourself properly it doesn't matter if you still have a few blues or whatever, it really isn't that important.

Of course the other side of the coin is that the upper-tier raiders feel entitled to see the content before everyone else for some reason known only to them.

What is the compelling reason that only the top tier should have access to the new raid for any length of time? From my perspective, I say they are the ones feeling entitlement.

I gave up top-tier raiding because I got tired of dealing with the asshats, loot whores, and drama queens. I can keep up with the work at that level, but the people were crap. I'm in a better place now, but the down side is we're stuck in Heart of Fear because some people can't handle certain mechanics. The only way I get to see Terrace is LFR. I'd like to see the new raid instance, but I understand the Entitled Ones get first dibs on it before we mere rank-and-file should be allowed.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Koatanga » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Lieris wrote:
halabar wrote:I don't think that was the point we were making.. the issue is still the work involved in catchup, assuming you don't have a already well geared group to drag you through. As I mentioned before, my raid team is going to need to do a lot before they are ready for N T15.

Nooska brought up recruitment and making the step up to proper raiding so I addressed that specifically. I appreciate LFR would help your guild but isn't there a bunch of new rep and badge gear too? I can't pretend to know what it's like for your guild but overall I think LFR is harmful enough for normal guilds in terms of player pool for recruitment, having it super early like with Dragon Soul (*spit*) would hurt guilds like yours even more.

I can't speak for Nooska, but the rep and badge gear is for the people who enjoy the endless dailies it takes to get it. I don't have the time during the weekdays because I work and have a family. If I could grind the rep on weekends I would be a lot further along gear-wise than I am, but I can only run the allotted number of dailies each weekend day and I really don't enjoy the boring repetition that they represent.

I would much rather have some variety in my WoW experience by playing an alt than to do the same things over and over every day like a carnival chicken plucking corn off a keyboard.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

PreviousNext

Return to General