patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Andurin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:44 am

Teranoid wrote:Man they weren't kidding about pacing LFR.

Full LFR doesn't unlock until April 16th.

A birthday gift for me :o

Anyone else got ACDC preloaded already? Our raid leader just announced that we`ll have Thunderstruck over the voice chat the first time we are going in ^^
Andurin

Postby Ruldar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:17 am

bldavis wrote:Gold : 3:27:15
silver: 4:14:29
bronze: sub 7 hrs

It's funny that you say 3 hours. When I was leveling my warlock recently, I managed to get in an LFG BRD run that took about three hours and we killed every mob in the dungeon and did every quest, including the bank key quest. It was the most gloriously nostalgic thing I have done in the game in years.

Edit:

Posts: 1? I've been lurking for 4 years and never posted before? Shesh.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:50 am

Andurin wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Man they weren't kidding about pacing LFR.

Full LFR doesn't unlock until April 16th.

Yeah, their intended desire to spread it out will:

1) Help some normal raiders see the content first on normal
2) Further deincentivize the hard-cores from running it
3) Keep the casuals busy longer

But it will also:

1) Keep the casuals who are trying to catch up hopelessly behind.

My 25-man already discussed it, and we are going to just continue to push through the 5.0 raids, and work on the team chemistry. I'm sure we'll loose a few that want to bang their heads on the new raids undergeared, but we'll be better for it in the long run.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:21 am

How is it going to leave casuals "hopelessly" behind? If you're not doing structured raiding why do you need that gear to begin with or are you just in a hurry to finish it all in a week and then go back to doing nothing? They're even upping the frequency of drops in the 5.0 raids and slapping a 10% nerf on everything.

I like it. This tier will last quite a while and I'd rather not have it run into the ground and be sick of it 2 months in like I was with this tier.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:32 am

Teranoid wrote:How is it going to leave casuals "hopelessly" behind? If you're not doing structured raiding why do you need that gear to begin with or are you just in a hurry to finish it all in a week and then go back to doing nothing? They're even upping the frequency of drops in the 5.0 raids and slapping a 10% nerf on everything.

Considering that the ilvl value for getting beyond the 3rd boss of the new raid is supposed to be ~500 or so based on various rumblings, getting a raid group geared up to that is going to take a while, even with the increased drop rates on the old stuff.

End result is it is really going to spread out what people are doing.

Personally I don't mind that much, but I fully expect a few from my new 25-man that's still working on MSV (a lot of new raiders, a lot of blues still) to go all nerd-rage because we aren't going in the new content yet. Will probably be a good thing, but we might loose a few good people too.

The issue is that Blizz is now spreading people across the content, after 3 tiers of shoving everyone into the same level. That's not going to go over well with everyone, especially with very new people who haven't experienced multiple relevant tiers before.

Teranoid wrote:I like it. This tier will last quite a while and I'd rather not have it run into the ground and be sick of it 2 months in like I was with this tier.

I really don't mind it myself either, I'm just being realistic about what some of the other reactions will be.

halabar

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:43 am

Ruldar wrote:
bldavis wrote:Gold : 3:27:15
silver: 4:14:29
bronze: sub 7 hrs

It's funny that you say 3 hours. When I was leveling my warlock recently, I managed to get in an LFG BRD run that took about three hours and we killed every mob in the dungeon and did every quest, including the bank key quest. It was the most gloriously nostalgic thing I have done in the game in years.

Edit:

Posts: 1? I've been lurking for 4 years and never posted before? Shesh.

welcome to the posting side! :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:44 am

Klaudandus wrote:I wonder if 5.2 is gonna be easier in normal than 5.0 was -- several of the fights were pretty tight in their tuning, even GC admitted erring in garalon, as an example.

but still dont see why 2 weeks between part 2 and 3, and 2 weeks between part 3 and 4.

I think the new idea is to let normal raiders beat fights if they can do mechanics, and heroic raiders get tight enrage timers.

The time lag is just stretching content. 2 weeks seems a bit extreme, unless they expect us to be in this tier for considerably longer than we were in t14.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 am

It's almost cringeworthy reading the R&D forums with people claiming Blizzard is treating them like "second class citizens" because they're not unleashing the entire raid in LFR today.

The ignorance of this playerbase never ceases to amaze me. This really IS the entitlement generation.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:49 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I wonder if 5.2 is gonna be easier in normal than 5.0 was -- several of the fights were pretty tight in their tuning, even GC admitted erring in garalon, as an example.

but still dont see why 2 weeks between part 2 and 3, and 2 weeks between part 3 and 4.

I think the new idea is to let normal raiders beat fights if they can do mechanics, and heroic raiders get tight enrage timers.

The time lag is just stretching content. 2 weeks seems a bit extreme, unless they expect us to be in this tier for considerably longer than we were in t14.

I sure hope so. It was annoying to die in garalon several times when his health was below 5% when he hit enrage
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:50 am

fuzzygeek wrote:

Given the supposed "2-3 months" between patches, stretching out LFR to 6 weeks before it's all available is a bit interesting. Granted that the next patch won't have a new raid, but it surely will have some new faction to grind rep with.

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 am

They said in dev interviews the fights in Throne are more about mechanics than they are DPS checks. Heroic will obviously be pushing both at the same time but they stated that you should have to swap people in if they're failing the mechanics and not so much for someone lacking in dps.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:53 am

Teranoid wrote:It's almost cringeworthy reading the R&D forums with people claiming Blizzard is treating them like "second class citizens" because they're not unleashing the entire raid in LFR today.

The ignorance of this playerbase never ceases to amaze me. This really IS the entitlement generation.

Well, if you look at it from the perspective of someone who ONLY does LFR, 6 weeks before you can see it all is quite a bit of time. They really don't care that Blizz wants normal raiders still doing the old content and then seeing the new, or that Blizz wants to further discourage the hard-cores from doing LFR.

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:57 am

Of course not. They only care about what they get and the hell with everyone else.

"I pay the same 15 bucks a month and god dammit I should get everything other people get and to hell with anyone who thinks otherwise because they're just an elitist who doesn't understand the plight of the casual player."

Boo.hoo.

I don't even know why this gets me fired up. It happens every patch. Guess I just hold some sort of hope that the general population will gain some shred of common sense and go "oh I see. Well that kinda sucks but it's cool I understand."

HAH yeah right.
Teranoid

Postby Qeeze » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 am

My prediction, the next patch will be about lore and so on, and the next raid will probably be released in August or September.
Qeeze

Postby Nooska » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 am

It will leave people trying to gear up hopelessly behnd, because LFR is the stated catch-up mechanism, to have an ilvl worthy of being recruited into a T15 guild (or gods forbid, trying to gear up to start raiding as a group) and be able to do more than see the first three bosse son normal (per teh statements out there from designers), you need quite a bit of gear above ilvl 500 - and considering the only gear above ilvl 500 is from T14H, T15N, T15L and the rep you gain in T15, its just a brick wall to trying to gear up. Now I wouldn't have a big issue for gearing Nooska, but so help me if I wanted to gear up either Morosin or Niisca, yikes...
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to General