Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 pm

So true....

Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Zalaria » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Nooska wrote:If only they would stick with 1 so we knew - at least I know why I was unsure whether it was same day or +1 week - blizzard hasn't been consistent :)

Most likely they try to do it the same week but if it's not ready they push it back. Sometimes it's ready, sometimes it isn't. I'd rather wait for it to work better :P
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:38 pm

Regarding the ShadowPan-Assault loot. Just checked the PTR, and there's a 522 neck available that you can buy right away, and then three pieces available at friendly. So staying close to valor cap to pick up that gear is certainly worthwhile.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Shaman
- Spirit Walk – cooldown reduced from 2 min to 1 min.

Hooray! (Apart from rebalancing the level 60 and 90 talents, this is the only change Enhancement has received in 5.2.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Darielle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:26 am

We're going to make some changes to this trinket based on testing and feedback. Our goal was to make it decent if you didn't game it at all but offer some opportunities for enhanced benefits if you did. We're going to try to meet that goal better with these changes:

10 sec duration (down from 20 sec) but with double the proc rate.
Increase your highest secondary stat by 200% of the sum of your two lowest secondary stats. For example: you have 3500 mastery, 5000 crit, 7000 haste. Rune procs, and you get [-3500 mastery, -5000 crit, +17000 haste]. Same logic as before, just double the size of the buff to your highest stat.

I am going to LOVE my Bleeds.

Who wants to bow to Windwalker overlords with this bad boy?
Darielle

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:28 am

Why would windwalker be particularly strong with it? What stat do they stack?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:29 am

In 5.2 Windwalker Mastery increases the size of their Tigereye Brew % damage buff. Build up brew charges, wait for trinket proc, hit Tigereye Brew, profit.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Darielle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:31 am

Worldie wrote:Why would windwalker be particularly strong with it? What stat do they stack?

In 5.2, their Mastery is changing to increase the damage buff given by Tigereye Brew. The way the trinket works (and will continue to work), they can use it to stack Mastery, get a massive Tigereye buff rolling, and cancel the trinket aura to add crit and Haste on top of it. Higher proc chance and lower trinket duration make this even more reliable, and double-stat make this even stronger.
Darielle

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 am

I'm gonna have to look up the Enhance numbers on that trinket - a Mastery proc during Ascendance would be pretty strong. I already get high burst with my cooldowns popped, if this thing is any good then Invis and Nika are gonna hate me even more on the pull. ;) (I am awful about pulling aggro at the start of fights. Then when I tried holding back, our Rogue tricksing me made me pull aggro anyway.)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:37 am

Still seems as that trinket is going to potentially force a lot of odd reforging to prevent capping or wasted stats (haste proc pushing cast times below the GCD). Or the proc happening at non-ideal times where that extra stat boost has minimal effect.

halabar

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:43 am

You are forgetting we talking about an Agi trinket. No caster is going to use it.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/96546-rune-of-re-origination
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 am

He mains a hunter, they cast.
Rhiannon

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 am

Rhiannon wrote:He mains a hunter, they cast.

Yep, and with Blizz trying to make MM viable with buffs, and since MM stacks haste, I can see a problem there. It's bad enough trying to manage MM rotations with all the other variable haste in a raid, and a trinket proc on top of that? I'll stick with BM and SV where Mastery stacking won't be hurt by a trinket proc.

(Assuming of course, that the trinket actually drops at some point.. given the RNG for trinket drops, might not have anything to worry about... :P

halabar

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:00 am

You aren't forced to use that trinket you know ;) Doesn't have to be BiS, there's 4 other agi trinkets in the game files.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:03 am

Worldie wrote:You aren't forced to use that trinket you know ;) Doesn't have to be BiS, there's 4 other agi trinkets in the game files.

We'll see what the RNG gods have to say about that.. :lol: (allthough I think one of those 4 is not really a hunter usable one, but could be mistaken).

I would of course, prefer the voodoo gnome one, because, well, VOODOO GNOMES!

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General