patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Darielle wrote:Spiritfire Beam — Oondasta fires a beam of spiritfire energy at a player, inflicting 138750 to 161250 Fire damage and jumping to a nearby ally. Up to 20 players can be affected, with damage increasing by 50% with each jump.

Brings back C'thun memories.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Valor wont be converted to JP in 5.2.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Flex wrote:Valor wont be converted to JP in 5.2.

They changed their mind?...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby sfrog » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:28 pm

Does anyone else think that maybe the Valor/Justice system is getting rather overly-complicated for what it's intended to be?
Without Honor...there is no Hope.
sfrog

Postby Newsom » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:56 am

sfrog wrote:Does anyone else think that maybe the Valor/Justice system is getting rather overly-complicated for what it's intended to be?

Just think of Justice as "Heirloom Points" and it's not that complicated. :P
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Newsom » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:08 am

For those of you wondering if it's worth saving Valor instead of upgrading gear, here's what you can realistically buy off the bat in 5.2:
- 522 Neck at neutral for 1250 VP (Example: Striker's Battletags)
- 522 Ring at friendly for 1250 VP (Example: Loop of the Shado-Pan Assault)
- 522 Wrist at friendly for 1250 VP (Example: Axebinder Wristguards)

You can probably get to friendly the second week of 5.2 if you clear normal modes. Honored probably takes at least 3 weeks at which point you've already got 3000 valor again.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Winkle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:48 am

It's rather annoying that two of first three items available just happen to share slots with loot from Protectors, which i already have the elite upgraded versions of. Still can't complain to much about something to buy at neutral.
Winkle

Postby Newsom » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:56 am

Yep. The neck at neutral is perfectly itemized though. Unless the heroic elite expertise neck decides to drop I'll likely save some valor to buy that piece. There is no point in capping to 3k before the patch though considering the gear is gated by reputation.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:43 am

Newsom wrote:For those of you wondering if it's worth saving Valor instead of upgrading gear, here's what you can realistically buy off the bat in 5.2:
- 522 Neck at neutral for 1250 VP (Example: Striker's Battletags)
- 522 Ring at friendly for 1250 VP (Example: Loop of the Shado-Pan Assault)
- 522 Wrist at friendly for 1250 VP (Example: Axebinder Wristguards)

You can probably get to friendly the second week of 5.2 if you clear normal modes. Honored probably takes at least 3 weeks at which point you've already got 3000 valor again.

And for those who might just be tipping toes into normals, and will be waiting for LFR unlocks, you might be valor-capping and kinda stuck, which might be ok, less dailies for a few weeks until you can spend your capped valor. :lol:

halabar

Postby theckhd » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:10 am

Newsom wrote:Yep. The neck at neutral is perfectly itemized though. Unless the heroic elite expertise neck decides to drop I'll likely save some valor to buy that piece. There is no point in capping to 3k before the patch though considering the gear is gated by reputation.

I wouldn't say "perfectly" itemized. Remember that hit/exp >> haste > mastery in general. A hit/haste or exp/haste item is perfectly itemized. Haste/mastery is decent, but if you do that in too many slots you can't hit/exp cap.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Darielle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:21 pm

The one thing about their statement is that you can get 3000 Valor from like yesterday before the patch goes live, which would definitely be impossible if the patch was going live on Feb 26th

Some departments aren't talking to each other again.
Darielle

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Darielle wrote:The one thing about their statement is that you can get 3000 Valor from like yesterday before the patch goes live, which would definitely be impossible if the patch was going live on Feb 26th

Or it's just been pushed back...

halabar

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:33 pm

halabar wrote:
Darielle wrote:The one thing about their statement is that you can get 3000 Valor from like yesterday before the patch goes live, which would definitely be impossible if the patch was going live on Feb 26th

Or it's just been pushed back...

A soft date was given, no firm date.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Darielle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Even soft dates get some basis on the planning front, so you don't just announce them without an idea. If the "push back" is because "We need more testing done", and it's one day after, it still means two departments didn't talk to each other prior to an announcement saying they were targetting something their QA team knew couldn't be met at the time.
Darielle

Postby oldboyz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:03 am

how would you compare 5.2 raid progression path versus previous tiers? (from a regular casual raid point of view - our rank is around #12000, which is ok compare to 50k ranked raid, being ahead of 2/3 is ok for us)

as a RL, i'm quite unhappy how difficulty was in 5.0 compare to Cata : currently, we are able to clean TES with our top roster (inclunding 1-2 PU in Friend list). but as soon as we switch 1 or 2 less "optimal" players : we struggle a lot in HoF , garalon being a fucking hard stoppper (even now, it can make us lost2hours+ on his down). It is at least a month we weekly kill the SHA (the 2 previous were even done in the same night without any stress) while we have just a few time trying Unsok... whereas in CATA, even our sub-player were able to joign later and still help us in progression
oldboyz

Postby Newsom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 am

theckhd wrote:
Newsom wrote:Yep. The neck at neutral is perfectly itemized though. Unless the heroic elite expertise neck decides to drop I'll likely save some valor to buy that piece. There is no point in capping to 3k before the patch though considering the gear is gated by reputation.

I wouldn't say "perfectly" itemized. Remember that hit/exp >> haste > mastery in general. A hit/haste or exp/haste item is perfectly itemized. Haste/mastery is decent, but if you do that in too many slots you can't hit/exp cap.

Am I the only one swimming in hit rating? I'd admit haste/exp would be slighly more appealing though, but haste/mastery is pretty damn nice.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby theckhd » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 am

I think most players in heroic gear are swimming in hit rating. Not so much with expertise though. Haste/mastery is certainly the best runner-up once you're capped though, so the neck is still a great pick-up. I'm going to be saving 1250 VP for it now that we get to keep VP.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 am

Indomitable Primal Diamond – 1.00 RealPPM on damage/absorb taken from melee ability or swing. No ICD.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 am

1 RPPM means one proc per minute based on only auto-attacking once every 2.6 seconds, doesn't it? So like, on average 2-3 procs per minute if you are actually playing?

And do these meta-gems replace a meta gem, or add an additional slot to the helmet?
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 am

AFAIK we get to add an extra meta socket on any helm, so you get to have both.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby theckhd » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:56 am

Fetzie wrote:1 RPPM means one proc per minute based on only auto-attacking once every 2.6 seconds, doesn't it? So like, on average 2-3 procs per minute if you are actually playing?

No, RPPM works on every/any damaging event. So it'll be about 1 proc per minute.

<edit> and with a 15 second duration, the average uptime at 10% haste should be about 24%. 26% uptime with 20% haste, 28% uptime with 30% haste.
theckhd

Postby halabar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:57 am

So, now that we can keep our valor, what to do has gotten a bit more confusing... so assuming I finish capping valor before the patch, do I:

1) upgrade 496 tier legs IF Sha decides to give them up prior to the patch?
2) save valor for the reduced cost 496 belt right after patch?
3) save valor for the new rep neck (assuming we start at neutral, so can buy the neck right away?
4) upgrade any of my other gear while I still can? (gun, gloves, and trinket are upgraded already)

I should be able to do 2 and 3 easily if I hold off on the others, but for a casual raider, I wonder how long it will take to gain the new rep, which is where all the valor spending will go post-patch.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 am

Think one of the blues said you could pretty much get Friendly with a single boss kill, and there are items at every rep level including neutral.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Think one of the blues said you could pretty much get Friendly with a single boss kill, and there are items at every rep level including neutral.

Hmm, if that's the case, saving the valor is in order, since LFR kills will give rep as well.

halabar

Postby Newsom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:11 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Think one of the blues said you could pretty much get Friendly with a single boss kill, and there are items at every rep level including neutral.

Pretty sure it was a single clear, not kill. 3000 reputation per boss would mean we'd all be exalted in 2 weeks of doing normal modes...

Also note that LFR the first week LFR is open only 3 bosses will be available. I'm guessing it won't be available at all the first week of 5.2.

<edit> reworded it a bit to be less confusing
Last edited by Newsom on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

PreviousNext

Return to General