Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Shado-Pan's always seemed quicker than Scholomance, to me.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:47 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Shado-Pan's always seemed quicker than Scholomance, to me.

People drop SPM after Snowdrift if the tank gear doesn't drop.
People drop Scholomance...not sure, don't think I've had people drop from there.
People drop form Siege after no tank pants drop.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:08 pm

SPM's been an instant-drop for me for months. It is way the fuck too long -- they really should have split it in half. The additional VP is probably enough to entice me to actually do it instead of dropping and surfing reddit for 30m while the debuff falls off, but I'm going to have to time it next time.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:31 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:SPM's been an instant-drop for me for months. It is way the fuck too long -- they really should have split it in half. The additional VP is probably enough to entice me to actually do it instead of dropping and surfing reddit for 30m while the debuff falls off, but I'm going to have to time it next time.

That's not what this change is.

This change makes it so if you do a random heroic then queue for one of those 3 specific ones you get bonus VP for completing it instead of bailing after the boss drops/doesn't drop what you want.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Zalaria » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Flex wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:SPM's been an instant-drop for me for months. It is way the fuck too long -- they really should have split it in half. The additional VP is probably enough to entice me to actually do it instead of dropping and surfing reddit for 30m while the debuff falls off, but I'm going to have to time it next time.

That's not what this change is.

This change makes it so if you do a random heroic then queue for one of those 3 specific ones you get bonus VP for completing it instead of bailing after the boss drops/doesn't drop what you want.

That's not how I read it. It reads to me like "if you random into one of these, we'll give you a bonus for finishing it".
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Zalaria wrote:That's not how I read it. It reads to me like "if you random into one of these, we'll give you a bonus for finishing it".

Pretty sure this is the case:

Level 90 players that use Dungeon Finder to look for a random Dungeon or Scenario will receive additional bonus Valor Points upon completing specific Dungeons or Scenarios.

Direct queuing doesn't reward any Valor at all, IIRC.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Not sure why the new rep factions give 476 belts at honored. You can already get 496 from Shieldwall.
econ21

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Possible it's placeholders.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:42 pm

Darielle wrote:
Sagara wrote:In other words, business as usual, only that avoidance gets a 0.2 rating on AMR instead of 0.1... Let's see what Theck's maths will bring - it's too late at night, can't wrap my brains properly around statistics right now.

It should state a nerf at all levels of Haste, because as Kihra pointed out, 25% avoidance is fairly high, and is NOT something someone would have while stacking Haste in any way (the discussion in that WoW thread was about stacking avoidance vs stacking haste)

It's a little more complicated than that. Haste certainly got a nerf, and avoidance certainly got a buff. The preliminary numbers are looking like Control/Mastery has a slight edge in survivability, but the differences aren't that huge. But again, I haven't finished analyzing the numbers, as I just finished writing the simulation last night.

Hoping to have a blog post up later this week with results and analysis, if I get time.

Unfortunately, this throws a giant wrench into the DPS portion of the MATLAB code. We're still working on figuring out how to proceed with those simulations. It also borks my analytical survivability calculations for the moment, but those are less important since we have the monte-carlo results.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby halabar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 pm

So the 5.2 factions will be handing out 522 ilvl gear. Assumining LFR boss kills do grant rep, if you are a slow normal raider or an LFR only raider, you'll be grinding LFR weekly for the rep, as it will fill 10 gear slots. Considering the ilvl difference, you might even forgoe LFR tier for set bonuses, depending on the itemization.

They did previously state that you can't double up on rep, so if you are clearing normal in a few weeks then it's not an issue.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Also be sure to spend you valor before 5.2, as well as conquest, they just announced that they doing the valor and conquest downgrades.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Are.... they moving the current VP gear down to JP or keeping it as VP?

If they're keeping it as VP, I'm hoping they have some good use for JP. If they're downgrading it, I hope there is an easier way to obtain JP...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:24 pm

VP conversion doesn't make sense with the old VP gear previously being simply discounted - with the caps it would be "trap gear" for most people playing catchup, as its all below the new LFR ilvl wise.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Zalaria » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:27 am

From http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/8586239

Blizzard wrote:Patch 5.2 introduces a new raid tier and PvP season, and so the higher tier currencies will be down-converted during maintenance. This time around there won’t be a soft cap, old Valor items aren’t changing to cost Justice, and we’re adding a new rank of PvP gear. Let’s break down exactly how it’s all going to harmoniously work together.

PvE

Valor -> Justice

All Valor is converted to Justice

Justice -> Gold

Justice above the 4000 cap is converted to gold at a rate of 47 silver per point

So let’s say the realms go down for the 5.2 patch and you have 450 Valor and 3800 Justice. Because of the 4000 Justice cap, you’d log back in after the patch is released with 0 Valor, 4000 Justice, and be 117 gold and 50 silver richer after the conversion.

With 5.2 we won’t be changing current Valor items to cost Justice, but they will be much cheaper (discounts from 50-75% off their current costs). You’ll need to acquire Valor after the patch is released to buy pieces for their discounted rate, or to buy the new 5.2 Valor items, but we’re also introducing new items to spend your Justice on, including heirlooms and Pet Battle stones.

Charms
While Charms won’t be converted, Lesser Charms of Good Fortune will no longer be used to purchase Elder Charms in patch 5.2. Instead Lesser Charms will purchase Mogu Runes of Fate. They’ll be purchasable in the same way; once a week, 90 Lesser Charms can be converted to 3 Mogu Runes of Fate via a quest in your faction’s Shrine. Mogu Runes of Fate will be usable for bonus rolls on 5.2 raid and world bosses only. Elder Charms will continue to be used for bonus rolls on 5.0 raids and world bosses, and will now be acquired as item drops by killing enemies in the new 5.2 Thundering Isle outdoor zone.

PvP

Conquest -> Honor

All Conquest is converted to Honor

Honor -> Gold

Honor above the 4000 cap is converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point

For example, if I log out before the 5.2 maintenance period with 450 Conquest and 3800 Honor, my excess of 250 Honor would be converted, and so when I log in after 5.2 is released I would have 0 Conquest, 4000 Honor, and be 87 gold and 50 silver richer.

In 5.2 we’re introducing an entirely new tier of PvP gear that will be purchasable with Honor to help smooth out the gearing progression for new and returning players, alts, etc. so they can catch up and be a bit more successful coming in mid-season or even mid-expansion. You can read more about all the changes being made surrounding that in the PvP Gear blog we posted a few weeks back.

Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:31 am

Skye1013 wrote:Are.... they moving the current VP gear down to JP or keeping it as VP?

If they're keeping it as VP, I'm hoping they have some good use for JP. If they're downgrading it, I hope there is an easier way to obtain JP...

Current VP is being discounted 50-75%, and they're adding upgraded versions of old heirlooms and pet battle stones to JP. Whether that's "good use" is up to you.

Nooska wrote:VP conversion doesn't make sense with the old VP gear previously being simply discounted - with the caps it would be "trap gear" for most people playing catchup, as its all below the new LFR ilvl wise.

But you can't just go straight to the new LFR. It has a minimum ilvl of 480 (or something close to that), so you'll need to gear up before you can go there. Cheap 496's from the 5.1 reps will give you some huge bumps to get into the 5.2 LFR faster.

Unrelated to either of those... this thread is amusing. I love when the CMs make fun of the general forums.
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General