Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:30 pm

My 482 geared druid has nearly 100k armor in bear form, what's the cap? Isn't it something like 170k?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Darielle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Something like that. With Mastery increasing armour by a %, Mastery stacking could probably easily push into the 50-60% increased armour by the time we hit T16 or are deep into T16 (by Mastery skill standards, that's between 30-36 Mastery).
Darielle

Postby Sagara » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 am

I realised a parralel between Dodge/Parry and how Grand Crusader was so 'meh' back in early Cata.
What's funny is that right now, GC, an important HoPo generating proc, is linked to CS/HotR, which are already high-priority attacks because of their HoPo generation. Sounds a bit like overkill, no?

I like theck's idea of linking our Avoidance with GC, maybe even remove the interaction with CS/HotR. GC will remain a very random proc, but its link will "reward", or more realisticly "stop punish" Avoidance items.

Getting back to haste, the second half of the coin, I'm still of a mind of simply kicking SoB in the nuts and get back to it in 6.0 by making all tanks value crit/haste and just doing away with dodge/parry ratings.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:16 am

Sorry to bring it out again, but I found it funny seeing our latest discussion on the matter

edit: fixed link
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:29 am

I'm not as concerned about gear inflation this expac around. Firstly, the extra gear levels they're throwing in are smaller jumps in between or slightly above the existing ones, not full-tier jumps like they added in ToC - the most significant thing, the addition of LFR, is something they planned from the start. Secondly, they have experience of it from WotLK, and they've said they actually test stat scaling at gear levels from the likely all the way up to the ridiculous (ilevels in the thousands just to see what happens).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:04 am

I'm not sure what I think in regards to avoidance - it was never fun - well thats not true, it was fun back in TBC when I feraltanked all the way till we got to BT (where I turned mostly feral-dps - I have a SS of me almost breaking 1k dps in TK).

I like Sags thought about GC unlinked from CS/HotR and linked to avoidance (and have thus tweeted that suggestion specifically to GC).

On bears, am I misremembering or was armorcapping actually done by bears in BC? I seem to remember something about trying to reach the armor cap when I looked at tanking gear going for Gruul - and the badge of tenacity.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:07 am

GC being linked to pure avoidance is ugh...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:10 am

New blue post:
For Protection, we do have plans to try and lower the value of haste relative to dodge and parry. We don't want to make haste terrible for paladins, but we agree that it's odd for it to be better than more traditional tank stats. It might require a nerf to Shield of the Righteous to do this, but our goal is not to nerf survivability overall. We just wanted to provide you some context if you see odd changes to tanking abilities.

Time to start collecting dodge/parry gear...
Last edited by Newsom on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 am

Bit late to the show Newsom :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:19 am

I thought we were going off tweets up until now?

I guess I'm mostly annoyed with this because I have to replace all of my gear if this change goes through. And I'm not sure if that will be possible with the way loot works in 10 mans currently.
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:24 am

I posted that on page 26. =P

After that, its been a couple of tweets and then talking about why its not fair for frost dks that we might want their gear...

In fact, I think it was that post that got this ball rolling.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:30 am

My bad then. Blinded by rage? :D
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:31 am

understandable, same happened to me in the politics thread
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:33 am

Klaudandus wrote:GC being linked to pure avoidance is ugh...

My curiosity is tickled - can you write a little more about that?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 am

its effectiveness is proportional to the number of targets you're tanking and also affected by the lvl of your target, as a boss is less likely to be dodged/parried

if no changes are done to haste and straight go with GC coming from avoidance, it will do nothing to change our love Haste...

if changes are done to haste, we will just likely switch to straight mastery... whatever gc procs we get from avoidance will be a bonus, but not something we will likely go out of our way to seek... and dodge/parry pieces would still be insta-shards

that's the way I see it.
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General