patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Newsom » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 am

Sagara wrote:QUick question for those two: is there any need to interrupt or use Speed of Light? I tend to swap out buttons for the 2 most useful "extras", so I'd want to set HoPu on one of those.


Nothing to interrupt, and I did fine with Pursuit of Justice. As long as you have 3 holy power banked and start moving forward as soon as the wind comes you can stay in melee range.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:53 am

lythac wrote:
Worldie wrote:Weren't there supposed to be some new BS recipes that would allow you to level it with just ghost iron? Did I dream it?


They should be on the trainers, probably on their own drop down list. Post on - MMO-Champion which is worth a read.

~500 stacks of ore is needed. @40g per stack it costs 20k to level. Best to do as suggested in the post, look at the graph and try to seek alternative patterns for the more inefficient Training Projects.


Regarding that.. Watching ore prices on my server. They've moved up a bit, but there doesn't appear to be any rush on ore yet to level. Hoping that after the rush for the rares is over, people start leveling BS, and prices get boosted, along with the rest of the related industry prices.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:27 am

how much rep you guys seeing per boss, 330?
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1137
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Nooska » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:56 am

Sounds like 300 base, +10% from guild perk?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby halabar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Nooska wrote:Sounds like 300 base, +10% from guild perk?


And regarding that.. if you aren't in ToT yet, do a trash farm run (the trash can drop epics and even thunderforged) and THEN do your quests, which will push you into friendly.

I did a trash run yesterday, got myself a 522 belt, but had already done the quests, so I'm stuck at 2999 until I can do LFR on Tues.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Koatanga » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:07 pm

The proc rate for perfect cuts of green-quality gems has gone way down. I'm not sure it's profitable to cut greens anymore, which raises the question: wtf do I do with them? With so many dailies and the mats-conversion in Enchanting, there is no shuffle for JC anymore.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Worldie » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:32 pm

With the new recipe you can convert green gems into primordial diamonds.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8707
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby halabar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Worldie wrote:With the new recipe you can convert green gems into primordial diamonds.


But you need a SoH along with that... so that's not viable for a crafting alt that doesn't get out much.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby halabar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Koatanga wrote:The proc rate for perfect cuts of green-quality gems has gone way down. I'm not sure it's profitable to cut greens anymore, which raises the question: wtf do I do with them? With so many dailies and the mats-conversion in Enchanting, there is no shuffle for JC anymore.


Well, if GL is cheap enough, you can do the transmutes (assuming you have a transmute alchemist) to the gems to make the normal primordials.

And yeah, adding in the stuff from the farm, big crafters have to work a lot harder or just give in.

I'm just doing my crafting on the side now.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Koatanga » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:33 pm

My JC is still lowbie, but I do have a druid herb/xmute-alchy at 90 so there's a possibility if as you say GL is low enough or I have extra.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby halabar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Koatanga wrote:My JC is still lowbie, but I do have a druid herb/xmute-alchy at 90 so there's a possibility if as you say GL is low enough or I have extra.


Once your JC is 90, gear him however you get to get into LFR, and run that. Easiest way to get the JC patterns for the metas.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby jere » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:00 am

Also depending on your server economy, you can try converting the green gems to the green neck/ring (the ones that take 3 gems, 1 each of 3 diff colors) and DE those and sell the enchanting mats. On my server that's a little volatile but sometimes I make off like a bandit if spirit dust prices rise temporarily (usually right when a new big patch or raid hits).
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2389
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Promdates » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:13 am

halabar wrote:Once your JC is 90, gear him however you get to get into LFR, and run that. Easiest way to get the JC patterns for the metas.


I actually found all of the meta patterns leveling on both of my JC's by just leveling through Pandaria.
User avatar
Promdates
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:10 pm

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:12 pm

what the? i thought sunreaver onslaught's purples cost only gold, but the clock and rings do cost valor point!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9384
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Lieris » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Klaudandus wrote:what the? i thought sunreaver onslaught's purples cost only gold, but the clock and rings do cost valor point!


Whoever thought it was a good idea to make items require both a reputation and a valour point grind should be banished from game design forever.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Teranoid » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Oondasta and Nalak can no longer be looted if you're doing cross realm.

Yet another invalidation of their supposed be all end all fix to dead servers. Their stupidity at times is astounding.

And yes I know Galleon was the same way and I said the same thing then.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Teranoid wrote:Oondasta and Nalak can no longer be looted if you're doing cross realm.

Yet another invalidation of their supposed be all end all fix to dead servers. Their stupidity at times is astounding.

And yes I know Galleon was the same way and I said the same thing then.


wow.... that sucks balls
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9384
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 pm

They don't limit the number of times you can gear from those guys do they? I can see that as being the reason why, but it is kind of dumb as a whole. Why not just restrict the number of times you can get loot (like with Sha) unless you use charms?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Skye1013 wrote:They don't limit the number of times you can gear from those guys do they? I can see that as being the reason why, but it is kind of dumb as a whole. Why not just restrict the number of times you can get loot (like with Sha) unless you use charms?


It is limited to once per week, as with the rest of the bosses. But people were pulling in from many servers to down Oond.

There's no real problem with this... except.. for low pop servers, and factions that have no hope of pulling together a raid group. But Blizz has steadfastly said FU to factions and servers that can't do this sort of thing.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:00 pm

The story of the Zandalari isn't over yet!


From the dev interviews...

So, confirmed here first, next xpac is all trolls, all the time...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:03 am

Well, they need to get their money's worth out of all these new troll models. ;)
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Sagara » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:07 am

Even money says they'll serve as basis for the future PC models, or as a cheap backup if their PC models don't hold up to their standart.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:16 am

Not just talking about the generic trolls; there are a bunch of new named quest mobs, bosses, and such that we'll most likely see again. Plus all these dinosaurs.

Jin'rokh I bet will have his new unique model used for a 5-man dungeon boss.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Lieris » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:51 am

halabar wrote:
The story of the Zandalari isn't over yet!


From the dev interviews...

So, confirmed here first, next xpac is all trolls, all the time...


Troll raids are Blizzard at their best, I am all for this! Zul'aman is the best small raid they have ever done and probably their best content trailer too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_NKOhTSV7M
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Paxen » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:07 am

No more 5-mans in cata, because they "serve no purpose".

Well, they serve the purpose of being my favorite content in MMOs, fuckers. I got a chance at a Challenge mode group, but if that falls through I'll tell Blizzard what I think of this with my unsub comment.
Paxen
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest