Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Nooska » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:34 am

All this talk of hSL brings back the memory of being a bear tank = pull with wrath and moonfire on 2 targets before shifting to bear form for the rage.
Disregarding rosecolored glasses, TBC was the expansion where I had the most fun playing (came late to wow, so vanilla was never "played" - I think I was level 12 by the time TBC prepatch hit)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby econ21 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:03 am

Has anything changed with vengeance and taunting with the patch? On Gara'jal, I used to taunt to get half the fixated tank's vengeance but since the patch, this has not been showing up on my vengeance tracking addon. I guess it's just an issue with the add-on, but wanted to check.
econ21

Postby Worldie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:43 am

Uh? Taunt never transferred any vengeance.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Newsom » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:52 am

It does on Gara'jal. You get half of the other tank's vengeance whenever he's fixated and you taunt. Still works by the way.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:08 am

Newsom wrote:It does on Gara'jal. You get half of the other tank's vengeance whenever he's fixated and you taunt. Still works by the way.

Huh - somehow missed this little tidbit.
benebarba

Postby Darielle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:36 pm

I believe it also works on stationary bosses if you're out of range when you do the taunt; the boss won't switch targets because you're not in melee range, but you'll get the half-Vengeance.
Darielle

Postby Daeva001 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:14 am

Worldie wrote:Uh? Taunt never transferred any vengeance.

Ghostcrawler confirmed on Twitter that taunting gives you half of the previous target's Vengeance:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status ... 2401455104

You generally don't notice because the boss turns around and hits you, generating your own Vengeance on him, but it is there. It's just more readily apparent on fights like Gara'jal because he doesn't turn and thwack you when you taunt him.
Daeva001

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:17 am

From ze hotfixes for yesterday:

Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios

Throne of Thunder
Durumu the Forgotten
Safe spots in the maze of Eye Sores now appear earlier, before the Disintegration Beam starts moving.
Adjustments were made to visual effects for Eye Sores to make it easier to see the maze.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:53 am

Is the ToT loot table for the 4-6 bosses as crappy for all classes as it is for hunters and priests? Other than the tier legs, there's hardly anything that I want from that whole wing of ToT.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:36 am

halabar wrote:Is the ToT loot table for the 4-6 bosses as crappy for all classes as it is for hunters and priests? Other than the tier legs, there's hardly anything that I want from that whole wing of ToT.

i think DKs have a weapon...id have to double check

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Zalaria » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:38 am

There's a bow on Tortos. It might not be an upgrade depending on what you have, but it's there.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:55 am

More nerfs!
Council of Elders
Decreased the power gain rate of possessed council members in 10-player Normal difficulty.
Frost King Malakk now deals less damage with each stack of Frostbite in 10-player Normal difficulty.
Sul the Sandcrawler now deals less damage with Sandbolt in 10-player Normal difficulty.
Durumu the Forgotten
Disintegration Beam now dissipates sooner before reaching the end of the maze.
Horridon
Reduced the health of Farraki Wastewalkers, Gurubashi Venom priests, Drakkari Frozen Warlords, and Amani Warbears in the Horridon encounter by 15% in 10-player Normal difficulty.
Drakkari Frozen Warlord now deals less damage with Mortal Strike in 10-player Normal difficulty.
Risen Drakkari Champions and Warriors now deals less damage with Deadly Plague in 10-player Normal difficulty.
Primordius
Slightly reduced the health of Primordius in 10-player and 25-player Heroic difficulty.
Tortos
Whirl Turtles now have a reduced base movement speed in 10-player Normal difficulty.
Vampiric Cave Bats now deal less damage in 10-player Normal difficulty.

They've also dramatically increased Garalon's enrage timer on both Normal modes in HoF.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:04 am

The ToT ones are totally unnecessary at this stage.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:08 am

Zalaria wrote:There's a bow on Tortos. It might not be an upgrade depending on what you have, but it's there.

It's the worst of the ranged weapons. Not one you would want to spend a bonus roll on. The squid-on-a-stick from Durm is the best.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:15 am

Nikachelle wrote:The ToT ones are totally unnecessary at this stage.

For us. I expect Blizz would only make these big blanket nerfs if they're seeing a notable proportion of guilds getting stuck on Horridon, Council, and Tortos (even we got stuck on Tortos for a while, and still don't kill it cleanly).

Yeah, so anyone getting stuck on Horridon or Council is likely just failing execution (though TBH the Sul-nuking strat that gives the cleanest kill is not the most obvious strategy), but Blizzard don't like to leave people stuck for too long or they lose players.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General