Remove Advertisements

So I hear there's Pandas and stuff now.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

So I hear there's Pandas and stuff now.

Postby Arkesh » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:51 pm

I've just delved into the depths of my storage hard drive and opened the wow launcher for the first time since April. I've been debating about whether I should come back for months, but I've found myself increasingly want to log in and see if it is for me again now that I've had some time away with D3, ME1-3, GW2 and LoL. I'm gonna leave it updating overnight as I imagine it'll need a good 8 hours or more to complete (*grumble grumble* middle of nowhere *grumble grumble*).

I'm hoping to come back and capture some of that WoW virgin feeling from all those years ago, so I'm probably gonna start fresh on a new character, probably a new class and definitely a new role. I know if I get back into tanking that I'll end up raiding 4 nights a week and then I'll have zero free time again. I'd quite like to try healing but I'm open to anything so please recommend what you find fun.

I did have a play with the MoP beta in the early days, so I have a rough idea of the talent overhaul but other than that I don't know a whole lot about what has changed. I'll mostly be focusing on PvE, I have LoL for PvP, so it'd be great if you could fill me in on what's new and fun.

Thanks for reading.

TLDR: Gonna give MoP a try, want to know what's fun and what's changed.
Last edited by Arkesh on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkesh

Re: So I hear there's Panda's and stuff now.

Postby bldavis » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:20 pm

monks
and pandas

oh and new continent

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Good, go level a ranged dps. Got a nice spot for you back on QT! ;)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:25 am

Hope you like dailies.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:37 am

Worldie wrote:Hope you like dailies.

:lol:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby econ21 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:54 am

If you want to try healing, you could level a disc priest - it's terrific fun in leveling dungeons. You dps to heal and can end up doing the highest dps and tanking, while still keeping everyone alive. By Cata content, you have to behave rather more like a conventional healer and there are complaints about disc healing in MoP, so caveat emptor. Shadow is rather a fun offspec too: strongly recommended for soloing once you leave Northrend.
econ21

Postby Levantine » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:56 am

Nah disc is the new Mistweaver after the buff to DA and the nerf to Renewing Mists and mana costs.
Levantine

Postby Arkesh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 am

Nikachelle wrote:Good, go level a ranged dps. Got a nice spot for you back on QT! ;)

I'd love to be that dps, but I can't do weekends :( Awfully tempted to come back to QT to level however, so I might annoy you for a social spot :D

Are the dailies the good ones like Quel'Danas or the Firelands or the bad ones like the argent tourney and the profession ones? I really enjoyed watching the changes in the FL ones, although once I unlocked the final phase I couldn't be bothered to grind the tokens anymore >.>

I leveled a Disco priest back in ICC and did a bit of raiding, I quite enjoyed it, but I sucked at holy and didn't enjoy shadow. I know holy had chakras or something added since I last played, but I can't recall what's changed with shadow since Wrath. Is it still a case of watching a channel bar? I don't mind managing dots, used to play a moonkin. Oh, and is Disc still a case of unlimited mana or have they fixed it so you have to shield intelligently?

I was toying with the idea of an elemental/resto shaman, but I've tried leveling a shaman at least once each expansion but everytime I get bogged down with the gazillion totems and I give up by level 40. Do they still have billions of totems? Any interesting new mechanics?

I've been thinking about the idea of a warlock too, but I recall in Cata that demo had some crazy 15 part priority system which I just couldn't even begin to wrap my head round. So I'm on the wrong side of the fence atm.

So many questions >.< I got up this morning and closed the launcher with 1.5 gigs remaining as I was off to work, just booted it again it's gone up to 4.8gigs -.- I guess I can go have a browse and see if I can find a spark of zomg to motivate me a bit more.
Arkesh

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 am

I'm sorry, you lost me at "are the dailies as good as the Quel'Danas ones?" The heck is wrong with you! No one liked those!

And yeah, our social spots are always open!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Arkesh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:55 am

Nikachelle wrote:I'm sorry, you lost me at "are the dailies as good as the Quel'Danas ones?" The heck is wrong with you! No one liked those!

And yeah, our social spots are always open!

I dunno, I just liked having all my dailies in one place, I could skip around for an hour or so whilst watching tv and earn monies.
Arkesh

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:12 am

You clearly didn't play on a PvP server did you.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:33 am

Worldie wrote:You clearly didn't play on a PvP server did you.

I'm fairly certain he was on Quel'Thalas for the Sunwell patch... so definitely not pvp!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Arkesh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:54 am

Nikachelle wrote:

I'm fairly certain he was on Quel'Thalas for the Sunwell patch... so definitely not pvp!

This is true. I was on The Maelstrom for the FL dailies however, wasn't too much fighting there, you were more likely to die doing your JC daily.

Think I've narrowed it down to either monk, priest or shaman, I hate making decisions like this, I'll probably change my mind in two weeks anyway. I assume there's still an overload of monks?
Arkesh

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:46 am

Arkesh wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

This is true. I was on The Maelstrom for the FL dailies however, wasn't too much fighting there, you were more likely to die doing your JC daily.

Think I've narrowed it down to either monk, priest or shaman, I hate making decisions like this, I'll probably change my mind in two weeks anyway. I assume there's still an overload of monks?

Not as many as you'd expect tbh - nothing like the sudden DK overload we experienced at the start of Wrath. If you're trying something new, it's definitely worth giving the monks a shot.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: So I hear there's Pandas and stuff now.

Postby Arkesh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:07 pm

I guess starting at level 55 helped the DK influx. Might just try a deepsy monk then. Played a tanky one in early beta, was quite fun just rolling all over the place.

Have professions had any love? I hate leveling them, I start out leveling them as I level but then I always end up having to farm for mats in a zone that 10 levels below me and I just give up.
Arkesh

Next

Return to General