Burst Damage

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Burst Damage

Postby Limelife » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Hey Guys,

I am on Heroic Feng in MV. My healers are going crazy since Elegon Normal that i am just getting burst down to fast. I am not 100% sure what to do at this point. I double checked my Gems, Enchants, Reforge and all seems legit. I know how to tank so i know it isn't something dumb like am not keeping SOTR up at the right time. Also i am using hand of pure on Stone guard and Feng before that is said lol. I am just not sure if its a class issue. Or maybe my stat priority is wrong or something. I am kinda at a loss.

On HM Feng healers are doing, Priest(50+k HPS), Pally (33k+ HPS), Druid (33k+ HPS), Me (18+k HPS) just encase it could not be me or the class at all.
Also my damage taken floats around 26-29k.

If you guys need any more info let me know. My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... ife/simple

Thanks a ton guys i hope you can help!! =D
Limelife

Re: Burst Damage

Postby Barathorn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:07 am

You may wish to ask this question in the gearing forum to check it isn't anything you are doing incorrectly gearwise. That would rule out those questions first and then people can look at what is in place around you to see where the issue is.

I can't offer direct advice as I no longer play so I am way off the pace but someone here will be able to help you.

Best of luck.

Bara.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby benebarba » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 am

aside from what Barathorn mentioned, since I didn't notice if you'd posted over on the gear forums yet:
1) Quick glance looks like your stat priority is something like hit & exp > mastery/haste > stam > parry > dodge. I'd probably try to see if you can move some of your hit/expertise away from gems and into reforges, or at least drop in some stam + hit/exp gems. That will boost your 'buffer' against burst, though your stat allocation may not allow it. I'd also try to boost your expertise to at least 7.5%, since that will help your HoPo generation (see Theck's writeups in the theorycrafting forum or his blog Sacred Shield for more details on this).
2) Do you have logs of your damage intake and your abilities used/timing? It's fine to be assured you're doing it right... but looking at the data sometimes shows things you didn't realize.
benebarba

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:43 am

What Benebarba said. My OT and I pretty much capped hit and 7.5% expertise, then stam stacked. Healing was a lot better for us after we did that, whereas hard capping hit and expertise and stacking mastery worked beautifully for Stone Guards.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Limelife » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:30 pm

I am looking into the previous post about my gems and reforge. Trying to get my exp up the extra .5%. Also i wanted to post my logs from Feng HM for the poster that ask.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/u6np9bv2 ... details/8/

thanks for all the help so far guys!
Limelife

Postby benebarba » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:41 pm

I don't know that fight (haven't tanked it yet) and I'm not a healer, but I can read a mean plot, so take this for what it's worth:
I took a look at only the 3 longest attempts: #11, #13, #19
1) You do look maybe a bit more spikey than Hooh, but I'd have to do a lot more work to tell for sure. Healers having any issues with them?
2) None of your big spikes are killing you, it's several spaced out over a couple minutes. 2 of the 3 times you die while Hooh is taking increased damage. I'm guessing tank swap and they dump heals on Hooh and you may not have been able to back-fill to cover that.
3) I don't see divine protection, sacred shield in #11 but you appeared to have used them in #13 and #19, though possibly not as often as possible (just estimating based on encounter time and cooldowns).
4) I don't see any WOGs being used. That would probably help in those times where you need to cover some more of your own healing, and after big damage spikes. Especially if you're able to build up some BOG stacks and vengence.

Hope that helps.
benebarba

Return to General