Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:50 am

benebarba wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Make it 2 brez for 10man or make it 2 guaranteed brez in 25man and the the 3rd rez is a toss-up =P

That would be hilarious.

maybe we can opt to spend all these stupid lesser charms on trying to convince our healers to toss out another one? :P

Disclaimer, I was obviously being snarky -- in case some cannot tell

You obviously did, since you figured I was going for the lulz
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Astronomic » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:53 am

djlar wrote: Now we are used to only run one raid a week, period.. (well it's gonna be 3 next week)

I thought the notes said it was only going to apply to Korean servers at first, or are you on a Korean server?
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:59 am

He's referring to the three instances that'll be open next week.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Astronomic » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Ah, misread
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:29 pm

New build up according to MMO-Champ. Judging by string changes, the Alliance Brawler's Guild is in a subzone of the Deeprun Tram, which is interesting.

Also, they removed the stacking mechanic from Monks' Tiger Power, which is pretty great.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Forget that~!

On the other hand...

FUCK!!!

*Protection
**Holy Wrath no longer requires Melee range. Damage reduced to 91% of SPH, down from 8601 + 91% of SPH.
---
Klaudandus

Postby djlar » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:46 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:He's referring to the three instances that'll be open next week.

MSV, HoF, TOES = 3
djlar

Postby Passionario » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Klaudandus wrote:It's the shared lockouts that cause the issues because it means that the asian guilds can acquire and upgrade much faster than their amero-euro brethren

If they're hardcore enough, they should reroll en masse on Asian servers by the time 5.1 goes live.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby theckhd » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:42 pm

Klaudandus wrote:FUCK!!!

*Protection
**Holy Wrath no longer requires Melee range. Damage reduced to 91% of SPH, down from 8601 + 91% of SPH.

You should know by now not to trust tooltips. It was never 8601+91% SPH in the first place. Our own testing showed that it was 4300+182% SPH, and when they updated the tooltip they doubled the base instead of the SP scaling.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Oh yeah... hmm...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:29 pm

I am vaguely considering a new Maintankadin policy where any time someone posts and reacts to data mined tooltip data as if it were fact, I change their avatar to something embarassing.

(j/k)

(not really)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Mozen » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Worldie wrote:You forget asian people are by nature more farmer oriented (as proved by the kind of MMOs that go well there) and will be happy to raid twice the time per week.

This is often brought up when people talk about the differences in player profile between the east and the west.

Disregarding professional farmers and the odd unemployed NEET dudes who die in front of their computers. One thing people have not considered is that online gaming generally is targeted at a much younger market in the east. The majority of players in WOW consisted of high school and varsity students, with working adults being a relative minority.

There are two main reasons for this. Gaming has been traditionally "for the kids", and because working hours are generally longer, meaning adults most often cannot make significant time investments, a "mature/serious adult" would not play games. (This is slowly changing after South Korea's success in the gaming industry, but not by much outside of South Korea.) This led the game companies to target their MMOs at students, devising a different billing scheme: point cards sold at convenience stores with which students can easily buy game time in small increments (X bucks per hour). An MMO like WOW requiring a credit card for billing is simply not going to work here.

Most MMOs operating in Taiwan and China give out their software for free. Then usually you can buy game time in increments of about USD$5.00; this, and the already immature player population, further reinforces the idea that gaming is for immature kids. Since most of the players are students and have time to spend, it creates the appearance that Asians like to farm.

For Taiwan, since we have conscription, players graduating from school are forcibly cut off from the game, creating an artificial cut-off point for gamers. After we are discharged, we've already got used to not playing games and the priorities naturally change to work.

Anyways, the idea that Asians "like" to farm is a result of interaction between various non-gaming factors. For us, hearing someone say that is like hearing someone say the Japanese eat sushi everyday, or that Americans all carry guns everyday. Yes, some do, but it is wrong to say that it's in the nature of the people.
Mozen

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:22 pm

I was never under the impression that Asians "liked" to farm, but that's the way their games are generally set up, making them far more accustomed to it. So when it happens to a game like WoW, they just shrug and move on.* US/EU aren't used to grindy games (and like to complain) so it naturally leads to thread discussions like these.

Now, whether the games are set up that way for Asians because of how the billing works, or the billing is set up because that's how the games are, is anyone's guess.

*Disclaimer: This is how it appears to me. This may or may not actually be the case.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Maat » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:32 am

To stereotype South Korean gamers somewhat, they really like feeling "elite" and go crazy for vanity items and activities like raiding and arena. Most of them also play at internet cafes. At a buck an hour, I imagine racking up far more than 15 bucks every month just doing all the ridiculous timesinks a raider has to do to be competitive, yet still only have access to one lockout's worth of gear? This is just an experimental compromise to make the game a better monetary trade-off in that environment and probably will never have anything to do with people who pay a sub.

Anyway, aren't regional firsts separate?
Maat

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:37 am

well... DS World First went to STARS....
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General