Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:16 am

4 again yesterday, and i should hit exalted today \o/

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Zalaria » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
benebarba wrote:yep, I seem to have gotten more GL the last few days than any previous time.

But now that I've maxed all the cooking ways, I'm only growing cooking mats on an alt and my main is doing motes and herbs.

Grow most valuable crop -> buy cooking mats with profit. You don't really gain anything by growing specific food crops yourself. (Though I admit, I grew most of my own out of laziness versus doing some sort of AH shuffle.)

In other news, now is the time to work on your alts - MMO-Champion says the Darkmoon Faire's new ride provides a 10% xp and rep buff that works on all sources. With the 8th Anniversary item and the Faire, this week will be the best possible time to level quickly.

Keep in mind the xp/rep buff falls off if you die. If you're going to use it, be careful :)
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 am

bldavis wrote:4 again yesterday, and i should hit exalted today \o/

5 Saturday... AND 8 yesterday...

BRB sacrifice of another chicken to the Random# GOD... :D
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:05 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
benebarba wrote:yep, I seem to have gotten more GL the last few days than any previous time.

But now that I've maxed all the cooking ways, I'm only growing cooking mats on an alt and my main is doing motes and herbs.

Grow most valuable crop -> buy cooking mats with profit. You don't really gain anything by growing specific food crops yourself. (Though I admit, I grew most of my own out of laziness versus doing some sort of AH shuffle.)

The alt can't get the special seeds yet, so it's still a plus :D
benebarba

Postby Jabari » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 am

Got 6 Lotuses (Loti?) yesterday (15 slots, needed 1 for something else). Note that only 5 were "sprouted" - I got one more that "tagged along" with a different herb. (This is on my tailor/alch, so you don't need to be an herbalist for that either). Couple of Life/Mana Spirits too.

That's really nice for him as the Tailor part doesn't really need Spirits for anything. The LW and Scribe are going to keep planting songbells for crafting (Armor patches for the LW, Staves and Fans for the scribe).
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:55 am

halabar wrote:4 and 6 here. Wonder if Blizz watches the changes in what people plant.

Yes, that's why the 5.1 changes happened. If I remember correctly the tweet was basically not liking how the farm became a Songbell->Golden Lotus factory making the other seeds pretty much useless.
Last edited by Flex on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 am

Nooska wrote:8th anniversary ended saturday

I had the token on several of my alts on Sunday, they never looted it from the mail so I wonder if that was the reason.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 am

Flex wrote:... making the other seeds pretty much useless.

Hmm - out of curiosity, is there a list of what the other types CAN produce? I've never tried the enchanting/windwool/metal ones, and when I planted a few of the "carnivorous plant" ones (thinking they'd give me random meats for cooking *laugh*), I only got single Exotic Leathers from each.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:43 am

Jabari wrote:

Hmm - out of curiosity, is there a list of what the other types CAN produce? I've never tried the enchanting/windwool/metal ones, and when I planted a few of the "carnivorous plant" ones (thinking they'd give me random meats for cooking *laugh*), I only got single Exotic Leathers from each.

I have not tried any but the ore and herb ones since 5.1. Even with the ore spawn rate nerf it isn't worth planting the ore ones but they can give trillium, kyparite and of course ghost iron.
Flex

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Flex wrote:
Jabari wrote:

I have not tried any but the ore and herb ones since 5.1. Even with the ore spawn rate nerf it isn't worth planting the ore ones but they can give trillium, kyparite and of course ghost iron.

I tried some of the cactus, and they only gave me windwool (3-5 per I think). From the enchanting seed I got spirit dust (maybe a mysterious essence? I didn't plant them much). Never tried the carniverous plants.

The herb ones also give a health/mana potion (60K HOT or mana over 10 s I think), on top of whatever herbs they turn out. Not terribly helpful, but they're there.
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:41 pm

carnivorous plants are for leather
cactus are for cloth
ore plant is for ore
enchanting is enchanting mats
enigma is for herbs

ore, enchanting, and enigma are all random MoP mat afaik, the enchanting might be only dust, but you can upgrade dust to ess, to crystals

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby culhag » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Just noticed that the big tundra mammoth is now cross-faction.

Edit : As well as many mounts that were faction specific, like the lion/scorpion guild mount and a few others. (including the ToGC-10 mount !)
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 pm

bldavis wrote:carnivorous plants are for leather
cactus are for cloth
ore plant is for ore
enchanting is enchanting mats
enigma is for herbs

Basically this.

Exotic Leather from Carnivorous
Windwool Cloth from Cacti
Any MoP ore from ore ones
Any MoP herb from Enigma
Dust/Essence from Enchanting (afaik you can't get shards from these without "enchanting" the dust/essence into them)
Motes of Harmony from Songbells
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:16 pm

how dare you make my post clearer! :evil:

bldavis

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:22 pm

Just translating for you :P
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General