Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Newsom » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:40 am

Enigma seeds feel even more useful now that they've appearantly also nerfed the amount of herb and ore spawns in the world by 50%.

I just wish they'd tell us about these things before they happen. <.<
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby JoeBravo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 am

patch 5.1 has greatly affected my games stability. might be in combination with some addons, but my game crashing after every bossfight and often when more than one greenie gets looted in raids sucks hard when you've completely re-installed your games and addons a month before...
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Levantine » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:55 am

I noticed some addons have just been very slow to update. My performance tanked hard on Wednesday morning but has been steadily improving again as more things get updated to 5.1 friendly.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:59 am

Power Auras is one of the ones causing problems, really screws my frame rate since the patch so I've had to disable it.

Annoying thing: Blizzard appear to have blocked addons from cancelling totems. I get the addon "disable/ignore" error if I try to right click to remove one on Stuf frames. Or could just be an addon bug and not actually blocked, since I had the same thing with power auras and clicking on quest items from the objective pane at launch.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:48 am

Newsom wrote:Enigma seeds feel even more useful now that they've appearantly also nerfed the amount of herb and ore spawns in the world by 50%.

I just wish they'd tell us about these things before they happen. <.<


Indeed, but I wish I had seen that blue post last night, I would have sucked up 50k or so of cheap herbs and ore. Still gonna try tonight but it might be too late.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Nooska » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:35 am

Since the patch I've consistently gotten 4-5 GL from my enigma seeds (full farm, 16 plots) per day.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Teranoid » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:55 am

Same. 6 yesterday and 5 today. Beats doing motes that I can't really do anything with.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby halabar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 am

4 and 6 here. Wonder if Blizz watches the changes in what people plant.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby benebarba » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:11 pm

yep, I seem to have gotten more GL the last few days than any previous time.

But now that I've maxed all the cooking ways, I'm only growing cooking mats on an alt and my main is doing motes and herbs.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby bldavis » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:36 pm

4 first day, 1 yesterday but only on 12 plots right now
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:16 am

benebarba wrote:yep, I seem to have gotten more GL the last few days than any previous time.

But now that I've maxed all the cooking ways, I'm only growing cooking mats on an alt and my main is doing motes and herbs.

Grow most valuable crop -> buy cooking mats with profit. You don't really gain anything by growing specific food crops yourself. (Though I admit, I grew most of my own out of laziness versus doing some sort of AH shuffle.)


In other news, now is the time to work on your alts - MMO-Champion says the Darkmoon Faire's new ride provides a 10% xp and rep buff that works on all sources. With the 8th Anniversary item and the Faire, this week will be the best possible time to level quickly.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:08 am

8th anniversary ended saturday
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:12 am

Ah.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4877
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Teranoid » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:53 am

1 Lotus today from my farm :\
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:12 am

I had 6 :lol: Cheers for the Enigma seed tip
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8755
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:16 am

4 again yesterday, and i should hit exalted today \o/
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Zalaria » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
benebarba wrote:yep, I seem to have gotten more GL the last few days than any previous time.

But now that I've maxed all the cooking ways, I'm only growing cooking mats on an alt and my main is doing motes and herbs.

Grow most valuable crop -> buy cooking mats with profit. You don't really gain anything by growing specific food crops yourself. (Though I admit, I grew most of my own out of laziness versus doing some sort of AH shuffle.)


In other news, now is the time to work on your alts - MMO-Champion says the Darkmoon Faire's new ride provides a 10% xp and rep buff that works on all sources. With the 8th Anniversary item and the Faire, this week will be the best possible time to level quickly.


Keep in mind the xp/rep buff falls off if you die. If you're going to use it, be careful :)
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
User avatar
Zalaria
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:27 am

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Mannstein » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 am

bldavis wrote:4 again yesterday, and i should hit exalted today \o/

5 Saturday... AND 8 yesterday...

BRB sacrifice of another chicken to the Random# GOD... :D
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 am

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:05 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
benebarba wrote:yep, I seem to have gotten more GL the last few days than any previous time.

But now that I've maxed all the cooking ways, I'm only growing cooking mats on an alt and my main is doing motes and herbs.

Grow most valuable crop -> buy cooking mats with profit. You don't really gain anything by growing specific food crops yourself. (Though I admit, I grew most of my own out of laziness versus doing some sort of AH shuffle.)


The alt can't get the special seeds yet, so it's still a plus :D
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Jabari » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 am

Got 6 Lotuses (Loti?) yesterday (15 slots, needed 1 for something else). Note that only 5 were "sprouted" - I got one more that "tagged along" with a different herb. (This is on my tailor/alch, so you don't need to be an herbalist for that either). Couple of Life/Mana Spirits too.

That's really nice for him as the Tailor part doesn't really need Spirits for anything. The LW and Scribe are going to keep planting songbells for crafting (Armor patches for the LW, Staves and Fans for the scribe).
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:55 am

halabar wrote:4 and 6 here. Wonder if Blizz watches the changes in what people plant.


Yes, that's why the 5.1 changes happened. If I remember correctly the tweet was basically not liking how the farm became a Songbell->Golden Lotus factory making the other seeds pretty much useless.
Last edited by Flex on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 am

Nooska wrote:8th anniversary ended saturday


I had the token on several of my alts on Sunday, they never looted it from the mail so I wonder if that was the reason.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Jabari » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 am

Flex wrote:... making the other seeds pretty much useless.


Hmm - out of curiosity, is there a list of what the other types CAN produce? I've never tried the enchanting/windwool/metal ones, and when I planted a few of the "carnivorous plant" ones (thinking they'd give me random meats for cooking *laugh*), I only got single Exotic Leathers from each.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:43 am

Jabari wrote:
Flex wrote:... making the other seeds pretty much useless.


Hmm - out of curiosity, is there a list of what the other types CAN produce? I've never tried the enchanting/windwool/metal ones, and when I planted a few of the "carnivorous plant" ones (thinking they'd give me random meats for cooking *laugh*), I only got single Exotic Leathers from each.


I have not tried any but the ore and herb ones since 5.1. Even with the ore spawn rate nerf it isn't worth planting the ore ones but they can give trillium, kyparite and of course ghost iron.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Flex wrote:
Jabari wrote:
Flex wrote:... making the other seeds pretty much useless.


Hmm - out of curiosity, is there a list of what the other types CAN produce? I've never tried the enchanting/windwool/metal ones, and when I planted a few of the "carnivorous plant" ones (thinking they'd give me random meats for cooking *laugh*), I only got single Exotic Leathers from each.


I have not tried any but the ore and herb ones since 5.1. Even with the ore spawn rate nerf it isn't worth planting the ore ones but they can give trillium, kyparite and of course ghost iron.


I tried some of the cactus, and they only gave me windwool (3-5 per I think). From the enchanting seed I got spirit dust (maybe a mysterious essence? I didn't plant them much). Never tried the carniverous plants.

The herb ones also give a health/mana potion (60K HOT or mana over 10 s I think), on top of whatever herbs they turn out. Not terribly helpful, but they're there.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest