Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby econ21 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Razorgore was much easier as Prot than Ret: I took quite a hammering from the trash and I think SoI drew more aggro off them (could have tried SoI as Ret, I guess); plus I like Prot's AOE better than Rets. However, the boss after him was the opposite: not enough dps as Prot; even as Ret popping everything I still died from the DOT but at least he died first. I've never got past Razor before - what an annoying instance to solo! You have two potential corpse run bosses to start, then two halls full of irritating trash that you are slowed throughout. Still I am going to farm the heck out of it for T2.
econ21

Postby Newsom » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:53 am

Jabari wrote:Ugh, I couldn't figure out Viscidius (AQ40 slime guy) on my hunter yesterday - it was the only one I couldn't do. Any tips? (Got him to 1 HP and he stayed there - hunter has no frost damage that I can see...)

You need to do 50 melee attacks within a few seconds (though I think it has been nerfed now). When you get there use snake trap and pop Stampede to get as many attacks on him as possible. Think you can go up and melee hit him too. I know hunters could solo him before the patch and they only made it easier now. DKs can also solo with army of the dead I believe.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:53 am

How did hunters deal frost damage to freeze him?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:20 am

I haven't read backwards more than a page or so... but I thought there were two new reps coming in 5.1? I've got Operation: Shieldwall dealt with... where's the other one?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:23 am

Shieldwall is the alliance one, Offensive is the horde one.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Zalaria » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 am

Skye1013 wrote:How did hunters deal frost damage to freeze him?

Brunnhildar Bow would probably do it.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:19 am

Klaudandus wrote:Shieldwall is the alliance one, Offensive is the horde one.

Oh. I thought it was two total that I could do. Not one for each faction. Ah well, that clears that up!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:59 pm

You need to do 50 melee attacks within a few seconds (though I think it has been nerfed now). When you get there use snake trap and pop Stampede to get as many attacks on him as possible. Think you can go up and melee hit him too. I know hunters could solo him before the patch and they only made it easier now. DKs can also solo with army of the dead I believe.

The melee attacks to Shatter part has not been touched. The only thing that has been touched is the number of Frost attacks.

Essentially, the change made it easier for people to get through the part that was always easy and didn't touch the actual part that made it impossible for some specs.
Darielle

Postby Flex » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Zalaria wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:How did hunters deal frost damage to freeze him?

Brunnhildar Bow would probably do it.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30006 sells "additional frost damage" 2H axe, Polearm and bow.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Darielle wrote:

The melee attacks to Shatter part has not been touched. The only thing that has been touched is the number of Frost attacks.

Essentially, the change made it easier for people to get through the part that was always easy and didn't touch the actual part that made it impossible for some specs.

Yeah... I never had much issue with the frost side of things (hooray for Mind Spike!) but there is no way I'll ever manage 50 melee hits for the shatter as a spriest.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 pm

So regarding the SoH tradein nerf for GL, and planting Enigma seeds instead..

First try I got 6 GL, 19 Silkweed, 3 Rain, 3 Fools, 11 Green Tea, 12 Life Spirits. and one Mana Spirit...

Not bad.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:33 pm

SoH tradin nerf?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 pm

^You now get 2 Golden Lotus per Spirit of Harmony instead of 3.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Which is really annoying for me - I need 3 flasks for a raid, and barring having GL from farming (either way) I could previously simply make sure I farmed up motes for 1 SoH per raid - no more.. now I need 2 SoH per raid, and 1 SoH for the next one, so I need 4.5 SoH per week instead of 3, just to make sure I have flasks (I actually farm enigma seeds on my herber to also supply my scribe), taking it from 2 days on my farm to 3 days on my farm per week.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:13 am

Spirits, I sat here for a few minutes going, 'wtf is a SoH', lol >.>
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General