Joining people on PvP servers

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Joining people on PvP servers

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:44 am

So my server is a PvE realm. If i invite someone else from a PvE realm, we have no problem questing toghether in any part of Azeroth.

Problem comes when I invite someone from a PvP realm. The result has been different every time, I'm trying to figure out what happens, so asking here if anyone knows the exact method... Once the person on the PvP realm got flagged off and transferred on my realm; another time i got flagged and transferred to his realm; several times none of us moved server and we couldnt join up.

Anyone got a clue about this?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Joining people on PvP servers

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:01 am

I've been told if they are higher level, you get pulled into their realm, and vice versa. Now, as far as who goes where when you're the same level (e.g. both 90) I can only assume it's based on who does the invite.

Edit: As for not moving joining up... were you in the same location when you did the invites? If so, try leaving the zone and reentering?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:28 am

Well for example, i was in Halfhill, I wanted my friend to pick me up and bring me to the 7 stars sanctuary, however when he came to the zone we still were in our respective realms.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:08 pm

You weren't farming were you (or near the farming area?) The plotted area appears to have it's own phasing, such that I've never seen another person in that section with me.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:54 pm

We tried going much further away but still nothing, not even in vale of eternal blossom

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Andurin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:15 pm

The arena in northrend was fun tho... Mashing up low level hordes when helping Worldie doing the arena on his alt ^^ And in my defense: They attacked me first... (I think)
Andurin

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Ok, so a little bit more info on all of this based on my experiences over the weekend:

If you do the initial invite and you are a higher level (or equal level) to the person you are inviting... they will come to your realm. If they are higher level, you'll jump to their realm.

If you invite two people from the same realm, you'll jump to their realm (not sure if it's true for two lower levels vs a lvl 90, but with all three of us at 90, the rare we were hunting "despawned" after inviting the second one of them to the group.)

We attempted at that point to have a lower level from my realm join up (I invited the lower level on my realm, then the two 90s from the other realm) and it wasn't enough to tip the balance to keep it on my realm.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Additionally, the only time I've had problems with people not synching up to the same realm came from 5 of us (all guildies on the same server) going to kill Ai-Ran in the Vale. One member of the group wasn't able to help us. I'm not sure if it was a phasing issue or something that caused it, but only our DK couldn't join us.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:14 am

That's most likely a phasing issue ;)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:58 pm

So I just had an interesting experience where I X-zoned to a PvE server from my home PvP server to kill Sha of Anger with a buddy of mine, and my flag eventually turned off. Then when I left group and zoned back, my flag was STILL off! Like I was running around with a bunch of yellow flagged horde unable to touch me. It was weeeeeird.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:17 am

Weirdly enough I'm only getting issues with the Italian server, x-realm partyes with people from all other realms (pvp and pve) work just fine.

Mah.

Worldie
Global Mod

Return to General