Remove Advertisements

Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Pyrea wrote:
Raive wrote:I'm definitely gonna miss that damage from seal of truth while daily grinding, I'd generally pull 4-5 enemies at a time (the exception being when you're up against those asshats that stun you forever) cons, holy wrath, lights hammer and then tab target to keep 5 censure stacks on all of them. I've also been using the old cleave trinket from DS and the flamethrower trinket when I can remember to put them on.

Suppose I'll just switch to SoI and try to pull larger groups or something.

I'll just respecc to retribution >.>

^- correct answer
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby PsiVen » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:20 pm

I run with a certain feral who routinely breaks 130k in heroics. You just have to be as aggressive as the tank, unless serious Vengeance is happening.

Anyway, looking at logs from last night (after hotfix?) SoI accounts for more than I expected. I think I will be trying Insight tonight.

Juugimus: Was it actually hotfixed?
My parse (SoT): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/unebbood ... 241&e=4624
And here is one using SoI: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-thq1u ... 381&e=7729

Keep in mind that this is mostly a two-target fight, so abilities are skewed. But if those numbers are AFTER the 80% nerf to Censure, surely it would have been some ludicrous majority of our damage.

(Edit): Apparently SoT was a ludicrous majority of our damage. O.O
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Juugimus » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Psi,

I though something was fishy. I'm going to try SoI tonight as well (or SoR if healing seems ok just to see how it measures to the nerfed SoT.

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Keep in mind that this is mostly a two-target fight, so abilities are skewed. But if those numbers are AFTER the 80% nerf to Censure, surely it would have been some ludicrous majority of our damage.

It was. On the Beta, Censure ticks were over 100k in decent Vengeance situations, and Censure/SoT/melee was like 50-60% of all damage?

The SoI thing is a hilarious load of crock though.
Darielle

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Darielle wrote:
The SoI thing is a hilarious load of crock though.

/sarcasm

It's all about choices...you using Seal of Truth all the time isn't a choice, it's a mandated thing by the community.

/end sarcasm.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Huh... If that's really post-nerf damage already, I see why 100k+ noncrit Censure ticks would be nerfed. I had no idea the numbers were so out of whack.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Fetzie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:39 pm

When you start giving players 150k AP, stuff goes wierd. WTB item level crunch, pst.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Worldie wrote:
Pruke wrote:
Worldie wrote:I just say no tank, even the best I've met, can outdps me in heroics if i'm actually playing properly and not just autoattacking.

If a DPS is outdpsd by tanks, even on AoE, he's just slacking or incompetent.

I havent seen any DPS doing 125-130k DPS on a trash pack.

I do hit those numbers, light's hammer is op ;) (benefits from AW and Inquisition)

Met a ele shaman racing well over 110k dps on trashs, and a frost mage hitting 160k in some unknown way.

How many shadow priests have you seen doing that? I certainly haven't figured it out. If I dot everything, stuff dies before it really has a chance to fully tick. If I Mind Sear, I don't even come close. I do get some nice numbers when I'm able to Halo, but I have to be careful not to pull extra packs of mobs from it.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:28 pm

How many shadow priests have you seen doing that? I certainly haven't figured it out. If I dot everything, stuff dies before it really has a chance to fully tick. If I Mind Sear, I don't even come close. I do get some nice numbers when I'm able to Halo, but I have to be careful not to pull extra packs of mobs from it.

The Halo numbers are what come into play. Other people hitting high numbers are also using cooldowns, like Light's Hammer, or even with tanks stuff like Dancing Rune Weapon which is bugged to interact with Blood Boil. I think I crossed 200k on a pull one of the few times I wasn't tanking as Feral with Trash/Swipe and Tiger's Fury/Berserk interaction.
Darielle

Postby lakhesis » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 pm

PsiVen wrote:(Edit): Apparently SoT was a ludicrous majority of our damage. O.O

Yeah, looking at the WoL reports I can see exactly why they've kneejerk nerfed it. The % of damage coming from censure in a raid situation was pretty cheesy.

Their solution is horrendously kneejerk though. And Holy Wrath is a terrible place to add compensatory damage.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Darielle wrote:

The Halo numbers are what come into play. Other people hitting high numbers are also using cooldowns, like Light's Hammer, or even with tanks stuff like Dancing Rune Weapon which is bugged to interact with Blood Boil. I think I crossed 200k on a pull one of the few times I wasn't tanking as Feral with Trash/Swipe and Tiger's Fury/Berserk interaction.

Halo is just so impractical in a lot of situations (particularly in groups that like to skip certain trash packs that can't be LoS'd.) I suppose I should take solace in the fact that I can still pull fairly even numbers on boss fights and not worry so much about trash (since it's trash...)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Torquemada » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Pyrea wrote:
Raive wrote:I'm definitely gonna miss that damage from seal of truth while daily grinding, I'd generally pull 4-5 enemies at a time (the exception being when you're up against those asshats that stun you forever) cons, holy wrath, lights hammer and then tab target to keep 5 censure stacks on all of them. I've also been using the old cleave trinket from DS and the flamethrower trinket when I can remember to put them on.

Suppose I'll just switch to SoI and try to pull larger groups or something.

I'll just respecc to retribution >.>

^- correct answer

I dunno, there's something fun about killing 10 quest mobs at once, finishing with full health, and then looting to find that only 1 dropped a goddamn quest item and you have to do it again. Wait a second...

Actually, as I've been away from WoW since the launch of SWTOR, I'm leveling prot to work on the rotation and see how things have changed. The fact that I'm in Afghanistan with a truly godawful ping is another reason. I'm not a fan of dying, and being a tank helps with that.
Torquemada

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 am

Skye1013 wrote:How many shadow priests have you seen doing that? I certainly haven't figured it out. If I dot everything, stuff dies before it really has a chance to fully tick. If I Mind Sear, I don't even come close. I do get some nice numbers when I'm able to Halo, but I have to be careful not to pull extra packs of mobs from it.

Shadow priests AoE is awful, but i've still seen them hitting 70-80k Dps on trashs in some way.

And yes, to pull stupid numbers on trashs you have to spam cooldowns :p If i'm just doing my normal rotation I barely hit 50k on AoE.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:54 am

The damage changes dropped my damage a little bit, but nothing terrible. I at least don't have to tab-target-apply-SoT now, since the damage is mostly moved to AS and HW. I might have to swap bar locations for HW and Consecration if HW ends up being better, just for my muscle memory.

That said, I never really felt that Prot was too slow. I ended up levelling to 90 pretty quickly as Prot (in less than 3 days, and that is with about 6 hours of farming ore, fishing, and farming meat for cooking). I still do dailies as prot and tend to knock them all out pretty quick.
jere

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:00 am

Question: is it me or AS now only silences the first mob it hits?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General