Remove Advertisements

Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:01 am

They just nerfed normal mode Elegon - hard.

Elegon

In the normal mode version of this encounter, Cosmic Sparks will deal less melee damage, Elegon will now use Materialize Protector less often, and the Overloaded effect that Elegon gains when an Empyreal Focus is destroyed now grants significantly less haste.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fetzie » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:16 am

From what I've heard and seen, that encounter has been blocking progression for a lot of people, nerfs were inevitable IMO.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Treck » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:31 am

Elegon? How is that a progress block?
Treck

Postby Fetzie » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:34 am

For one thing, the DPS check - if you get the 3rd and 4th elemental adds in the 100-85 and 85-50 boss damage phases you will most likely hit the hard enrage, if you don't die earlier.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:05 am

Not falling down is hard.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:13 am

That too. Show a raider a way to fall to his/her deaths and they turn into a lemming.

Fetzie

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:38 pm

The hotfixes don't appear to be live in the EU. We were still getting a 3rd add close to the phase change.

(We're only stuck on Elegon because we haven't had a chance to work on it, with low attendance. We got very close, I'm certain we'll kill it tomorrow. 2nd phase seems like it'll be a pushover if we get into it with everyone alive.)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 am

Last phase may be an issue the first 2 or 3 times for the healers (at leats if its a 10) as everyone suddenly requires more healing.

Have you tried leaving a couple of dps on Elegon while the rest takes the boss (we left me, BM hunter - too much dps lost from pet moving - and one of our warlocks on Elegon (while dotting up the add if he could reach it) and actually started being too fast - pushing draw power before the second add was down.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:23 am

We had it down to 2 adds first time we were in there; think our dps was just a little lower this week.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Treck wrote:Elegon? How is that a progress block?

It was. My guild was stuck there for a few weeks. If you looked at wowprogress, you would see guilds stuck at 4/6, and a lot of them stacking there, after which they quickly went to 6/6 2/6, and started stacking up there... >.>
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:41 pm

halabar wrote:
Treck wrote:Elegon? How is that a progress block?

It was. My guild was stuck there for a few weeks. If you looked at wowprogress, you would see guilds stuck at 4/6, and a lot of them stacking there, after which they quickly went to 6/6 2/6, and started stacking up there... >.>

Still, dumbing down the fight instead of having people realize they need a minimum of skill to defeat the encounter... I thought LFR was for the random disorganized pugs, and Normal for organized guilds with some skill, but I might be wrong there.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:34 pm

my point was more or less that no guild gets past spirit kings and then struggle on elegon, and if you take 3/6 without problem elegon shouldnt be an issue. it might be true that its a step up from the other 3, but once you gets past elegon, you got quite the big step up to the next fight.
I cant see guilds beeing stuck on elegon more than SK/Will
Treck

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:43 pm

I'm going to guess, since Spirit Kings and Will of the Emperor normal are very easy fights, that you're thinking of Heroic and not Normal - these nerfs are on Normal mode only.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby PsiVen » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Treckie probably doesn't even remember the normal modes of these fights :P

Spirit Kings is bar-none the easiest boss in the instance, while Elegon has a series of DPS and coordination checks involved. I'm a little surprised that those who get stuck on Elegon don't also tend to get stuck on Will due to low DPS, but with LFR+ gear 4/6 MSV normal is easy enough that casual raids will get there with little effort. Elegon is simply the first challenge.

To me it makes some sense to nerf Elegon normal mode just to widen the gap from heroic mode which was until this hotfix essentially the same fight at a higher gear level. Now the add spawn timing, pillar timing, and spark tanking should be non-issues on normal mode.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Just to add, we killed this today with much better dps than yesterday, and I'm still pretty sure that the hotfixes have not been applied EU side. For one thing, my BigWigs timers for add spawns were still dead on.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General