Remove Advertisements

Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Postby econ21 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:42 pm

I disliked the idea of scenarios when they came out - I think Theramore may not have been a good advert; it seems significantly longer than most of the others. But as fillers in a LFR queue or just a way to grind VPs, I like them. Dailies can put you to sleep (after having done them so many times to get exalted with everyone) while 5-mans can be a bit stressy. Scenarios are halfway between - enough interaction to mean you stay awake, but no risk of drama. With double VP for the first of the day, they seem time efficient ways of grinding VPs. If you do one scenario a day, run each LFR and do some normal raids, you are likely to be close to vp capped.
econ21

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:27 am

As of yesterday, Elegon hotfixes were still not applied on EU side.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:05 am

econ21 wrote:I disliked the idea of scenarios when they came out - I think Theramore may not have been a good advert; it seems significantly longer than most of the others. But as fillers in a LFR queue or just a way to grind VPs, I like them. Dailies can put you to sleep (after having done them so many times to get exalted with everyone) while 5-mans can be a bit stressy. Scenarios are halfway between - enough interaction to mean you stay awake, but no risk of drama. With double VP for the first of the day, they seem time efficient ways of grinding VPs. If you do one scenario a day, run each LFR and do some normal raids, you are likely to be close to vp capped.

Once a shat-touched is acquired on my spriest, might give them a go.. hunter still needs too much LFR gear to bother with scenarios yet.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Zalaria » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:17 am

halabar wrote:Once a shat-touched is acquired on my spriest, might give them a go.. hunter still needs too much LFR gear to bother with scenarios yet.

That seems backward to me. Scenarios are pre-LFR, though they can help with boredom while waiting for LFR and heroic queues.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 am

I think the thing is "Getting VP from scenarios is a waste of my "alt-tab" time, as I need to run LFRs a lot anyway"
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Jabari » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:28 am

Did they recently do something to the Golden Lotus "droprate" from Enigma Seeds?

Right after 5.1 hit, I was getting 6 constantly from a full farm (and up to 9 or 10 on a good day), and in the last 4 days or so the highest I've gotten has been 4... :(
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 am

I had 7 last night, and only two the night before that.

Probably just increased the possible spread.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 am

Random stuff is random. I've been getting only 3-4 since I started.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Got 10 from one character the other day, and 1 from another, both 16 plot farms. Just RNG.
Rhiannon

Postby Jabari » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:11 am

Oh, sure, but I have 3 chars that run the full 16-plot farm with pure Enigmas (i.e., bigger sample size), where I was getting about 20 a day before from them, it's been down to about 12 lately. *shrug*

Just feels to me like they reduced it from about 1/3 to 1/4. Certainly possible that I was hitting the good side of the RNG, but there's enough sample size that I don't think it's likely.

Yesterday was the best I've had in a while (7 + 4 + 5) at least.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:55 am

Got 8 lotuses from 16 plots today.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby djlar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 pm

halabar wrote:I really don't enjoy scenarios...

Almost the same here, most take too much time for the VP earned and low chance of something in the box. I always cross my fingers for the Arena scenario, quick and easy one..
djlar

Previous

Return to General