Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Nakama » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:04 pm

theckhd wrote:My plan is:
1) Do quest to get a L25 pet
2) Buy 3-4 more L25 pets on the AH
3) Clear out the Garrison quests to make the !'s go away
4) Never touch pet battles again

I'm with Theck here. I really really wish they had made that spot optional or even made you spend 10K garrison resources and 100K gold to get rid of that spot and be able to replace it with another building.

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Gracerath » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:30 am

I decided to level up pets two months ago because I too was going crazy with that menagerie quest just hanging over me. Truth be told, pet battling ended up being kind of fun once you got to level 25 on a few pets but completing all the world tamer battles was a slog and a half. Power leveling a pet to 25 every day via specific tamer battles was a new daily activity that kind of broke the monotony of my normal routine. I did a lot of the grinding and power leveling on some alts because the pet battle exp is actually quite good. I was grinding out pet battles in frostfire ridge to unlock the level 2 menagerie and with the exp boost potion from the garrison, it was basically the equivalent of turning in a quest every 2 minutes. My priest hasn't quite finished SMV yet but she's level 98 now from pet battling and follower missions. Not bad for a character I never really intended to level much.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:33 pm

theckhd wrote:My plan is:
1) Do quest to get a L25 pet
2) Buy 3-4 more L25 pets on the AH
3) Clear out the Garrison quests to make the !'s go away
4) Never touch pet battles again

They've been significantly nerfed for 6.1 so all I have is what I've read:
Some moths for the aquatic (plenty of different ones to buy on the AH)
Aqua Strider team for the carrot one
Zandalari Kneebiters and Anklerender's for Gnawface.

I've not tried them on the PTR to see how much overkill that is. Heck, the team of 3 moths might be enough to kill all 3 enemy pets (though maybe not the carrot, depending on how strong its shield is).
jere

Postby jere » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:06 am

For those who do levelling rather than buying 25s:
1. The travelling pet battler (Random spawn in Garrison Menagerie) gives 7x the pet EXP that a wild battle does and is pretty easily beaten. You also get 3x +1 level stones and a chance at a pet.
2. Ashlei (SMV) the tamer gives 6x the pet EXP that a wild battle does and is pretty easy.
3. Remaining tamers are harder and give 5x (remaining WoD, MoP, DMF), 3x (Cataclysm, Wrath), 2x (Celestial Tournament Undercard), and lower.

Daily menagerie battles currently give crap pet EXP (except for Squirt who gives 3x a wild battle), but you do get charms for doing them.
jere

Previous

Return to General