Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi fellow pet collectors.

Anyone got any news about this guy?

I've been lapping several times around winterspring and found no trace of it, it's the last one I miss for the final collection achieve >.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Taeron » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:00 am

Worldie wrote:Hi fellow pet collectors.

Anyone got any news about this guy?

I've been lapping several times around winterspring and found no trace of it, it's the last one I miss for the final collection achieve >.<

Starts spawning after Dec 21st I think.
Taeron

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:48 am

HNNNNNG

Blizzard why so inconsistent :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:08 am

Just like the Qiraji Guardling is only up during the summer solstice, the snow owl is only up during the winter solstice.
jere

Postby Flex » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Did a fun combo last night while leveling some stuff.
Mangle>Wild Magic>Black Claw>Hunting Party.

First wave of hunting party against a critter Beast of Fable did nearly 300 a tick, the second wave started at 900.
Non-critter the first wave was roughly 150 while the second wave rocked in at 550ish.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby jere » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:35 pm

The Macabre Marionette absolutely eats up the first two pets in the Shademaster Kiryn fight:

Nairn
------------------
R1: Cast Death and Decay
R2: Cast Dead Man's Party
R3: Dead Man's Party Continues
R4: Dead Man's Party Continues
R5: Bone Bite
R6: Bone Bite

Nairn heals on R5, but dies on R6.

Mechanical Cat:
R1: Dead Man's Party (Die Here)
R2: Dead Man's Party Continues (Undead Round)

After just those two rounds, the mechanical kitty is below 300 Health. Lightning Storm + Death and Decay + multihit ability + shattered defenses eats him up. At this point it is just clean up. I use a Terrible Turnip to cast Sunlight and Tidal Wave to clean up Lightning Storm and the Turret (killing the mech cat in the process), and then I swap in my 3rd pet for Summer on the first round against him (he casts dodge). Rascal Bot is good here (stuns negate Prowl as long as you are faster than Summer in prowl mode), but everyone has their own pet to kill Summer usually. If you do use Rascal Bot as your 3rd, make sure to cast the heal immediately after stunning Summer for the first time. Should only need to do that once.
jere

Postby Ruldar » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:14 pm

*looks up the Macabre Marionette*

Crap!
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Murkalot is out. Has some neat abilities but the best is his second slot 1 attack. Blessed Hammer. It is actually a series of 3 hits that total the listed amount, since it is 3 small hits it is much more effective with Wild Magic, Mangle and Black Claw.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby econ21 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:44 am

This is a naive question: I am thinking about getting into pet battles and also looking for non-grindy ways of getting coins for my alts - is there any benefit to restricting pet battles to your main or can you just spread them out across your alts?

I know pets are account wide but I guess things like the progression through pet trainer quests are per player, so is it better to focus on your main?
econ21

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:01 am

Everything is account wide, also the quests to progress through trainers.

No real reason to limit them to your main, except if maybe you managed to grab the exp hat :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zalaria » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:08 am

The xp hat gets sent to every character I create. Most of them just dump it in the bank and forget it exists.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:27 am

If you care about the Valor Points, then pick which toon does the Pandaria Tamers/Spirit Tamers as those reward valor. Also, if you care who gets the Lesser Charms, pick the appropriate toon for those. If you do plan on using multiple toons, make sure to disperse enough bandages to each for when you need them (I use them a lot, but I still have 50 left on my main pet battler). That's all I can think of that isn't account wide.

Aside question since we don't do a lot of discussion:
Are there any generic pets yall have found to be really good that aren't commonly known (for example, rabbits, snails, crabs are all pretty well telegraphed as particularly good by the community, so not those). I've been trying to clean up my journal and level some random things, so I started with my Bandicoons and Civits, but am ready to move on to some other pet types. I don't know if those two are particularly good types of pets, but am working on getting everything to 25 one day.
jere

Postby halabar » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:24 am

Umm.. did you all miss this?

https://twitter.com/mumper/status/399368141366513664

breeding pets in your garrison, chance at epics.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby jere » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:48 am

Just a quick notice. A new pet this year for christmas. I don't have access to sites here, but I think it's called Rotten Helper. Should be coming out when the presents do (so around christmas day if I had to guess).
jere

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:50 am

Some people were selling it on chat so must be related to quests I guess.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General