Remove Advertisements

Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby jere » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:03 am

So I posted this in another thread, but figured it should also go in the actual battle pet thread.

I know most people use multi mechanical teams with Lil' Oondasta, but I ended up with a different team of non mechanicals that is very consistant at killing him (if all the 100% abilities hit him, he'll die).

Pet#1: A CoD pet with high Power stat. Landro's Litchling is very good if you have it. If not, a Lost of Lordaeron (B/B breed) is a very easy to farm one.

Pet#2: Pandaren Water Spirit with whirlpool and geyser

Pet#3: A Stunted Shardhorn (P/P breed) with survival and stampede

This is a modification of the BoF nuke team. It is very important that the stunted shardhorn have less HP than the water spirit so the first ability doesn't swap the wrong pet.

Round1: Cast Cod. Oon swaps you to Water Spirit
Round2: Cast Geyser. Oon casts AoE, killing your CoD pet if it survived round1.
Round3: Cast Whirlpool. Oon should kill Water Spirit. Shardhorn will swap in.
Round4. Cast Survival. Oon will use Crush but not kill you
Round5. Cast Stampede. Oon will use Crush but not kill you. All abilities hit
Round6. Stampede will continue and finish off the remaining HP. Oon is stunned from Geyser
Round7. Usually don't get this far.
jere

Postby Jabari » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:18 am

I just have been using "darkmoon mech bombs" team of Darkmoon Tonk, Darkmoon Zep, and Clockwork Gnome (though any mech in the 3rd slot works, really).

Start with the Tonk, Ion Cannon, he'll get shoved to the back (so the drawback is nil), use Decoy when you can, and just hammer away with mech attacks. Pretty easy, actually.

I also now have Xu-Fu! :)
Liopleurodon's site has a nice guide to doing these. I don't have all the exact pets that she uses, but there are a lot of "close enough" ones and I actually beat at least one of the first sets of guys with basically 2.
http://tamerliopleurodon.wordpress.com/

Gonna be a slog to the the others. Each one is 3 weeks of doing that scenario after the first one. *sigh*

Side note: They made Nishi (4 winds) quite a bit harder - the sunflower actually uses Solar Beam now. I'm just using a Water Spirit now in the first slot, and Dive to avoid the huge hit, but that was quite a surprise the first time I did it after the patch. *laugh*
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:29 am

For Nishi just switch to using a pet with a weather effect. Solar Beam deals 50% more damage in Sunny Weather.

I picked Xu-Fu first too, I always wanted a spectral kitty.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:30 am

Flex wrote:For Nishi just switch to using a pet with a weather effect. Solar Beam deals 50% more damage in Sunny Weather.

I picked Xu-Fu first too, I always wanted a spectral kitty.

Heh, I actually picked Xu-Fu to have another Moonfire pet, for a PvP team that's "close but not quite there".

I was running it with Nether Fairie Dragon, Sporeling Sprout, and Fungal Abomination, but the Sprout just never really pulled it's own weight. I want to try Xu-fu in that slot instead.

(As an aside, Xu-Fu looks _really_ cool in shadowform *laugh*)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:49 am

My favorite part is building the teams for the Champions. This week Ion gave me a headache due to the feign death. But I was actually able to kill that pet before it could feign death by using a magic damage dealing dragonkin like Nexus Whelpling. Frost Breath once or twice, Arcane Storm then unleash Mana Surge. Timed right you get the Dragonkin racial and blow up the bird.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:03 pm

Oh man. Lil Bling is a mechanical with a mechanical stampede. Need to get.
Flex

Postby Flex » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:06 am

and I got Lil Bling last night. Leveled him to 25. Finished leveling a s/s breed Flock having chicken. Got some good levels on both Bonkers and Clock Em as well. Should be pretty set for this week's tournament.
Flex

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:34 am

Soloing Yu'la with Mr Bigglesworth:

Start with claw (pounce will do less damage as second attack will be full blocked), yu'la shields, cast Ice Tomb. yu'la lifts off, cast Ice Barrier, pass, yu'la's Lift Off finishes, pass again, Yu'la's breath attack blocked, Ice Tomb hits stunning Yu'la, Claw, Claw, take reduced damage from Yu'la's breath attack since Mr Bigglesworth is an undead.

Repeat the sequence.

How to kill Xu-Fu easily.

Get yourself a Skywhisp moth though any pet with Lightning Storm weather effect can work Moths take less damage from Xu-Fu's primary attack, though they take more damage from the moonlight Cast. On your first go use a normal attack. After Xu-Fu uses Moonlight cast Lightning Storm. If you survive the next attack just do normal attacks.

Swap in a fast pet, base speed of 297 or better, with a Stampede effect. You want the fastest speed so you can get in one more Stampede before moving to your third part so it has two rounds of the damage taken debuff on Xu-Fu. Lil Bling works great for this, also any flying type pet with a S/S breed works as well.

The third pet will be any mechanical with a strong mechanical attack to nuke Xu-Fu down while he takes increased damage.

Killing Chi-Chi for Dummies

Level up 3 Snails.

Alternatively use a snail as your first pet. Keep Acidic Goo on the Chi-Chi. Spam Ooze Touch.

If you have 2 snails you should easily be able to take out Chi-Chi. If you do not have two snails any magic pet will do, Oozes preferred since they can combine Acidic Goo and Ooze Touch, they'll just take normal damage from Chi-Chi's attack.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:52 am

Hmm, interesting. I'll have to level a couple of mine some more (Mr. Biggles, maybe another snail).

I'd been using Tiny Twister as my opener for Xu-Fu - they changed his Sandstorm to Lightning Storm in the last patch. Don't have a Lil' Bling yet - I think I just use Tonk/Zep afterward.

Chi-Chi has been the one that has given me the most problems in the past. I've been doing a "Wild Magic/DoTs" group against him. I'm sure I have a second snail close that I could level fast (I already use one for Pandarian Spirit Tamers) - been using a Lantern in that last slot that has rather a lot of magic burst.

Do you Shield at all with the Snails, or not bother?

Amusing pet I got: The Droplet of Ysaarjh (or however it's spelled). Seems like a decent opener, has both Cleansing Rain and Dreadful Breath.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:59 am

Jabari wrote:Do you Shield at all with the Snails, or not bother?

I do not shield with my snails since that takes the place of Acidic Goo. The other moves are Dive and Headbutt. Headbutt if it stuns is okay, but being Beast damage it'll be a loss of DPS vs Ooze Touch if it doesn't stun. Dive might be doable if you time it so you're submerged during Chi-Chi's dodge.
Flex

Postby jere » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:22 pm

I only remember having to pass once per cycle with Mr. Bigglesworth. He should be hitting the barrier once on the same turn you lay it and then the second time on the turn you pass.

On Chi-Chi I have been successful with a lamb army. Sooth > Chew > Stampede (repeat). Takes two to kill him and I keep a surge of power user in back up incase of RNG misses/crits that mess up the strat. The nice thing about this strat is if you use Sooth 2 turns before the Ethereal Turn, he goes to sleep before he can use it, allowing stampede+chew to hit each cycle.
jere

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:32 pm

jere wrote:I only remember having to pass once per cycle with Mr. Bigglesworth. He should be hitting the barrier once on the same turn you lay it and then the second time on the turn you pass.

you're right, got my pass/claw pacing jumbled.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks for the tips Flex - went through this time with only a couple issues (on the trainers, not the celestials). :)

Snails and Bigglesworth worked perfectly, and I even messed up the Biggles timing the first pass.

One more week for getting another celestial pet!

Any tips for how to get up to the sky-moths on the Timeless Isle?
Jabari

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:16 am

Jabari wrote:Any tips for how to get up to the sky-moths on the Timeless Isle?

1) Albatross taxi service
2) Mount up in fatigue water, fly really high, fly in until you're dismounted, use either a goblin glider or the glider that is sold on the island to fly to a peak.
Flex

Postby jere » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Any suggestions for the second celestial to pick this week? I got Xu-fu last week. I'm more looking for function (as opposed to cuteness). I was thinking Chi-Chi would be a good choice for second, but still playing around with the idea.
jere

PreviousNext

Return to General