Remove Advertisements

Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 am

woo Pandaria dailies rewarding valor in 5.3
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Tue May 28, 2013 10:10 am

One week, three characters. Missing 3 from Raiding with Leashes II.
Need the ones from Curator, Malchezaaroar(whatever), and Vashj. Double-sized Pocket Fel Reaver is amusing. *chuckle*

(I was really lucky and got the Lil' Bad Wolf with the only one of the three that hit that Opera. Got one of each Opera on the three guys!)

How to solo Chess (for Horde, I'd imagine it's the same for Alliance if the pieces have the same abilities):
- Move the knight pawns (in front of the wolves) up a square.
- Move the rooks (demons) up diagonally one, into the spot vacated by the pawns.
- Move the pawn in front of the warlock up one.
- Grab the Warlock, move him up a square, and start shooting at the lowest health stuff you can reach, AoE-ing where appropriate.
- If the king (or maybe even the warlock) starts to get low, jump to a bishop and heal.

This has worked every time for me, and I'm not even using the wolves at all really.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Tue May 28, 2013 11:10 am

I cleared The Eye 5 times and got one pet. 3/3 from SSC and 2/4 from Kara. Farmed up the Direhorn Runt from the Isle of Giants and then finished off the bones for the Spectral Porcupette and of course my first purchase from the trolls was the Ghadzooki.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Fri May 31, 2013 9:00 am

0/8 on Curator pets this week. Last pet I need for RWL2.
Flex

Postby halabar » Fri May 31, 2013 11:00 am

So how are the new pets in battle, or are they getting better at their rock-paper-scissors balancing?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Jabari » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:29 am

halabar wrote:So how are the new pets in battle, or are they getting better at their rock-paper-scissors balancing?

Haven't seen any in my (admittedly limited) PvP-ing. The only raid one that I've seen is the Anubisath Idol.

So with the quest and the achievement for level 25 PvP-ing, I picked that up a bit over the weekend. Went 10-6, which sounds good until I say that I started something like 7-1 and it went to hell from there. *chuckle*

My team (still based on trying to break [Turret]):
- Jade Hatchling (Tail Slap/Lightning Storm/Fly)
- Fel Flame (Dragonbreath/Immolate/Conflagrate)
- Clockwork Gnome (Railgun/Blitz/Turret)

The idea is to lay down a turret under a Lightning Storm, which triggers the extra damage on every shot. Turret does about 300 a round in that case, making it a 900 damage attack. The Fel Flame also works well with Lightning Storm, in that LS triggers when the DoTs hit, plus it is elemental so it doesn't take damage from LS.

Obviously, this idea (lots of small hits and DoTs) is VERY BAD against shields - I do like nothing against them.

I had been using a Disgusting Oozeling as the third, but they badly nerfed Corrosion and I haven't tried it since. Could perhaps try that again, but it doesn't solve my "shield problem" like it used to. (Not that the Fel Flame does either, as Conflag is a 4-round CD). Perhaps I should try it anyway - Corrosion still helps a little vs the shields, and Expunge is only a 3 round CD instead of 4.

Most commonly seen enemies: Magical Crawdad, Kun-Lai Runt, Anubisath Idol, Lil' Ragnaros. Lots and lots of Kun-Lai Runts.

Next team idea: Double Valkyr+something, probably a Crow (DM island, though I think Gilean Raven does the same thing). Unborn Val'kyrs are pretty interesting - they have a decent shield-eating attack (Shadow Shock), either Curse of Doom or Siphon Life, and a couple of really, really good things to use on their "death-turn". Ascendance seems like the standard one to use (25% extra damage, on everything, for 9 turns? Yes please!) Those are all pure Undead attacks (weak against Aquatics), so the third would be something with good Flying attacks. Crow has a gigantic Flying hit (Darkness+Nocturnal Strike), plus Alpha Strike as well. Plus, I'm sick and tired of Magical Crawdads and Darkness > Wish. :lol:

Need to get a second Val'kyr to try it - I picked one up yesterday (was lucky, found it in about 5 minutes of looking, and already had an Undead stone). Have a Flawless stone for the next one, and my Crow is already rare so I'd just need to level the Val'kyrs.

@Flex: Were you the one who has everything in Kalimdor except Qariji? Next week for that one!
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:38 am

Woo Quariji guardling!
Flex

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:45 am

Oh they are out today?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ruldar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Last I heard from a blue post it'll be available this coming Friday. Just need it and a Minfernal myself, just haven't had the time to spare that I cared to commit to camping for that one.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:01 am

Traded a Filthling for a Lil'BadWolf the other day. Filthling seems pretty easy to farm.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fenris » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:02 am

Remembered about the guardling tonight at 1AM

Went to the scarab wall,lots of people running around and no spawn in sight

"Oh well,i'll stick around 5 minutes and then go away,it's late"

5 minutes later,i'm starting to fly away,a guardling spawns right under me:fight-captured (almost failed too,my pet decided to crit at the wrong time,left it with 23 hp :shock: )

At least 10 people around me at the end,probably sending me curses in ancient mayan tongue :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Teranoid » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:52 am

Fuck this stupid pet.. absolutely impossible to do on a high pop CRZ.
Teranoid

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:54 pm

What about just waiting for a month or two when most people will have got them so you can quietly tame one in peace? ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:48 pm

It's gonna be farmed just as much a few months down the road as it is now.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Fenrìr wrote:It's gonna be farmed just as much a few months down the road as it is now.

Can't sell it, can't trade it. Once the collectors have it is not going to be farmed. I caught the Snowy Owl just flying through Winterspring to do the daily tamer one day.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General