What's Your Plan For MoP Launch?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: What's Your Plan For MoP Launch?

Postby Bellanka » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:41 am

Although probably too late for some ... clicky-quests are great for that little added boost.

I have all of the JC trinkets I never bothered making ready to click and turn in for 4 more quests, plus Onyxia's head for a tiny bit more. That's 30 quests right at launch when you count the TB, JC, Cooking and Fishing dailies.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:57 am

Dantriges wrote:Does dropping out of the game at launch time count as a plan?

Yes, as long as you don't write a diatribe about it.. :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:56 am

degre wrote:Rushing to grab the mining pick and praying to find it there. Then probably a good couple of hours of questing on my tankadin before going to bed, the real nerding will start at the end of the first day as I've booked off from Wednesday to Friday.

Mining Pick? The old one wont do any longer? Is it better? What is the name and I will look it up when I get off work. :shock:
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Real men have a army knife (that now gives +10 to gathering profs)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Archeth » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Launch plans: Work on GW2 map completion, don't play WoW at least till rumours of the next expansion announcements show up.
Archeth

Postby Paxen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm going to watch the loading screen apparently.

Had to log out since I'm levelling my monk first.
Paxen

Postby Taeron » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Paxen wrote:I'm going to watch the loading screen apparently.

Had to log out since I'm levelling my monk first.

Went to turn in TB dailies, loading screen back to SW forevaaaah. Guess that's it for tonight.
Taeron

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:33 pm

haha BAM! I have the Army Knife on ALL my toons Worldie. It sounded like maybe we needed a special pick to get the new UBER ore.

I have Tuesday - Friday off.
- Nap on Tuesday night at 8-10pm (Dont know if I will be able too as I will be AMPED UP! :twisted: )
- Start to try and log in (My server is SUPER old and SUPER FULL) and go from there.
- I will pre cook my meals for next 3 days so that I can NUKE them fast and get back to it!
- Next week...I will be in Vegas! Muhahahaha 8)

I was planning on running my Hunter to lvl first, but Now that I SO love my warrior I may just go with him. Did I mention that he is a Miner/Skinner? haha WoOt! I always pick my Hunter cause I kill WAY more mobs that drop cloth and I do Skinning, but I just love him.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Newsom » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 pm

So it took 10 minutes until the servers crashed, now 90% of my guild including me cannot log in (instance servers and Kalimdor seems to be completely down).
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm planning to sit in a helicopter firing invisble bullets at invisible enemies for an hour.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Zalaria » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Worldie wrote:Real men have a army knife (that now gives +10 to gathering profs)

The mining pick and skinning knife give +10 to their professions, and prof vendors now have an herbalist's shovel that gives +10 herb. No, they don't stack with the knife.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Zalaria wrote:
Worldie wrote:Real men have a army knife (that now gives +10 to gathering profs)

The mining pick and skinning knife give +10 to their professions, and prof vendors now have an herbalist's shovel that gives +10 herb. No, they don't stack with the knife.

:shock: ty for reminding me to get a knife for my herbers

went to store and got goodies for tonight!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Tonight, roommate and I are going to pick up our copies. Go home, start install, crash.
Tomorrow, we're going to work.
Wednesday, we're going to help a friend get some stuff out of her apartment, and he has a promotion interview.
Rest of the time will be levelling, though I gotta squeeze in school time too.

No server firsts here for us, and I can't bring myself to want to make a panda monk.

Unfortunately, outside commitments come before infinite loading screens.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Paxen » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:23 am

Amirya wrote:No server firsts here for us, and I can't bring myself to want to make a panda monk.

Troll Monk is where it's at.

Although it sucks that Blizzard didn't listen and make him a capoeira monk.
Paxen

Postby degre » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:54 am

Zalaria wrote:

Gathering implements are no longer required, you can easily mine without a pick, so they have decided to add a small bonus to the props for whoever keeps it.

Same goes for fishing, you don't need a pole anymore, but if you have one it has a bonus.

Holyblaze wrote:
degre wrote:Rushing to grab the mining pick and praying to find it there. Then probably a good couple of hours of questing on my tankadin before going to bed, the real nerding will start at the end of the first day as I've booked off from Wednesday to Friday.

Mining Pick? The old one wont do any longer? Is it better? What is the name and I will look it up when I get off work. :shock:

+
Holyblaze wrote:haha BAM! I have the Army Knife on ALL my toons Worldie. It sounded like maybe we needed a special pick to get the new UBER ore.

As stated above, since 5.0 you don't require a pick at all, however, in Pandaria you will not collect gems while mining, you collect ore only, this is why you need the Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick, a rare spawn that will allow you to occasionally find gems.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

PreviousNext

Return to General