Page 2 of 4

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:51 pm
by halabar
I don't think some are realizing the economic impact of this change.

Let's say there are 160 realms, which are now merged down to 20 CRZ realms. So, instead of node spawns adjusted for people on 160 different servers, you now have the node spawns of 20 servers providing Whiptail to those 160 servers. While the spawn rare does increase based on the number of people in the zone, it's going to be increased so much as to balance out 160 servers going down to twenty. And that Whiptail is not going to be evenly distributed across all those servers.

End result: Less mats on the market on most servers.

A friend of mine who dabbles in botting noted that he saw at one point 20-30 bots in Uldum, mostly from high-pop servers.

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:53 pm
by halabar
bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:Bad things are still happening with it. Want to go for a ride on my drake?... :lol:

huh?
did i miss something again?


Go for a ride on a 2-seater (or Sandstone drake), get dropped when going into a CRZ, pray that you have slowfall of some sort.. 8)

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:26 pm
by bldavis
what does that have to do with my point of lowbie ally RPers shouldnt be getting flagged while in goldshire?

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:57 pm
by theckhd
halabar wrote:You miss my point as to why they are doing this. The point is that they are likely doing this to manage server resources. I can't see how they would consider this effort just to populate Ungoro Crater with more people, when they routinely add more to make lower levels trivial. Either this is part of the server resource allocation, or a byproduct of it.

Yeah, it can't possibly be for the reason they claim, which was to make the world feel "alive" and populated again. That would just be silly. An overblown conspiracy theory based on a largely presumptive knowledge of their server architecture is much more likely.

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:00 pm
by masterpoobaa
Another CRZ oddity.

When im in my prot gear/spec and I enter a CRZ zone i get a little animation/sound above my head, and my health drops to 85%.
Like I've just done a spec change.

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:03 pm
by Teranoid
theckhd wrote:
halabar wrote:You miss my point as to why they are doing this. The point is that they are likely doing this to manage server resources. I can't see how they would consider this effort just to populate Ungoro Crater with more people, when they routinely add more to make lower levels trivial. Either this is part of the server resource allocation, or a byproduct of it.

Yeah, it can't possibly be for the reason they claim, which was to make the world feel "alive" and populated again. That would just be silly. An overblown conspiracy theory based on a largely presumptive knowledge of their server architecture is much more likely.


Whoa bro you can't be introducing logic into this that's not allowed

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:19 pm
by masterpoobaa
Yeah especially you theck :P

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:42 pm
by Amirya
halabar wrote:Go for a ride on a 2-seater (or Sandstone drake), get dropped when going into a CRZ, pray that you have slowfall of some sort.. 8)

Unless something's changed, shouldn't it pop you a parachute anyway? I thought that was a change they did, to prevent people like from griefing people like bldavis on my rocket, way up in the sky, on a non-druid character (BYE BYE!).

I know that when my roomie and I were rocketing our way from SM to Scholo recently, he got ejected and parachuted his way down (and then got the 65 yard drop achievement).

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:48 pm
by halabar
theckhd wrote:
halabar wrote:You miss my point as to why they are doing this. The point is that they are likely doing this to manage server resources. I can't see how they would consider this effort just to populate Ungoro Crater with more people, when they routinely add more to make lower levels trivial. Either this is part of the server resource allocation, or a byproduct of it.

Yeah, it can't possibly be for the reason they claim, which was to make the world feel "alive" and populated again. That would just be silly. An overblown conspiracy theory based on a largely presumptive knowledge of their server architecture is much more likely.


If they really did it so I'd have people to wave to when mining thorium in Ungoro, then they sure have created a lot of other chaos to accomplish that. :wink:

And if that is their only motivation, it seems odd in that it runs quite opposite of their rigid stance about not giving a crap about underpopulated servers.

I find it humorous that you'd dismiss offhand the idea that they would possibly be doing this, and had the capacity to do CRZ as a result.

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:48 pm
by halabar
Amirya wrote:
halabar wrote:Go for a ride on a 2-seater (or Sandstone drake), get dropped when going into a CRZ, pray that you have slowfall of some sort.. 8)

Unless something's changed, shouldn't it pop you a parachute anyway? I thought that was a change they did, to prevent people like from griefing people like bldavis on my rocket, way up in the sky, on a non-druid character (BYE BYE!).

I know that when my roomie and I were rocketing our way from SM to Scholo recently, he got ejected and parachuted his way down (and then got the 65 yard drop achievement).


As noted above, that's only if you have something to land on eventually. 8)

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:31 pm
by bldavis
halabar wrote:
Amirya wrote:
halabar wrote:Go for a ride on a 2-seater (or Sandstone drake), get dropped when going into a CRZ, pray that you have slowfall of some sort.. 8)

Unless something's changed, shouldn't it pop you a parachute anyway? I thought that was a change they did, to prevent people like from griefing people like bldavis on my rocket, way up in the sky, on a non-druid character (BYE BYE!).

I know that when my roomie and I were rocketing our way from SM to Scholo recently, he got ejected and parachuted his way down (and then got the 65 yard drop achievement).


As noted above, that's only if you have something to land on eventually. 8)

where? :shock: :?

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:34 pm
by Darielle
bldavis wrote:where? :shock: :?


I think he's referring to the original context this was brought up in involving flying across the void from Netherstorm/Hellfire/whatever.

If they really did it so I'd have people to wave to when mining thorium in Ungoro, then they sure have created a lot of other chaos to accomplish that.

And if that is their only motivation, it seems odd in that it runs quite opposite of their rigid stance about not giving a crap about underpopulated servers.


You find it much more believable that they have a conspiracy based around lying about an entire motivation, as opposed to them doing something about something they previously didn't have a plan on doing anything with?

CRZ has some very odd issues (and other longer term drawbacks), and I'm not really fond of it, but it is an overall more interactive world with it in play when there are actually other players around, which was their goal to begin with.

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:29 pm
by KysenMurrin
masterpoobaa wrote:Another CRZ oddity.

When im in my prot gear/spec and I enter a CRZ zone i get a little animation/sound above my head, and my health drops to 85%.
Like I've just done a spec change.

It's because when you switch all of your buffs drop for a second. That seems to include hidden buffs like Plate Specialisation, possibly even your spec passives.

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:38 am
by degre
Darielle wrote:CRZ has some very odd issues (and other longer term drawbacks), and I'm not really fond of it, but it is an overall more interactive world with it in play when there are actually other players around, which was their goal to begin with.

Went to TH and could actually find a group for CoC, I was impressed.

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:43 am
by Zalaria
I did CoC on saturday and there were three groups fighting for the quest starts. My no-heals group did fine because there were so many extra folks killing them!

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:09 am
by mavfin
KysenMurrin wrote:It's just about adjusting. We've spent years having zones practically to ourselves, which wasn't intended, and now they're putting them back to the levels of activity they're meant to have. All that stuff about nodes, mobs, etc? The empty zone with everything to yourself was the broken state.


This, 1000x.

People, including many on here, have complained for years about empty zones. Blizzard fills them, and what do they get? QQ, of course. Business as usual for this playerbase.

As Kysen mentions, the empty zone that you had to yourself all the time was the broken thing.

([opinion])I think this is actually the first step down the road to 'no realms'. When they get this perfected, we'll have a PvP world, a PvE/Normal world, an RP-PvP world, and an RP-Normal/PvE world that you share with the population of your region on a zone-by-zone basis, merging/splitting zones as needed. This is just the first painful step.

I also think that AH changes of some kind are down the road, but, exactly what those may be I don't know yet. I think they'll move away from the realm-only one, and might even merge horde/alliance AH.(/opinion)

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:47 am
by halabar
Darielle wrote:You find it much more believable that they have a conspiracy based around lying about an entire motivation, as opposed to them doing something about something they previously didn't have a plan on doing anything with?


Who's the nut that's making this that I'm coming up with some dark conspiracy here?

I'm simply looking at what they are doing, and it doesn't make a lot of sense unless it's in a virtualized server environment. Why is it so hard to fathom that they made an architectural change that allows them to make a change like this?

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:52 am
by halabar
mavfin wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:It's just about adjusting. We've spent years having zones practically to ourselves, which wasn't intended, and now they're putting them back to the levels of activity they're meant to have. All that stuff about nodes, mobs, etc? The empty zone with everything to yourself was the broken state.


This, 1000x.

People, including many on here, have complained for years about empty zones. Blizzard fills them, and what do they get? QQ, of course. Business as usual for this playerbase.


It's too be expected. You give the playerbase a "broken" environment for long enough, and they adapt to it. When if finally changes, of course people are going to be upset with some effects of the change.

So now you see more people in Ungoro than you do in Ironforge. Yep, working as intended.

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 am
by KysenMurrin
halabar wrote:
Darielle wrote:You find it much more believable that they have a conspiracy based around lying about an entire motivation, as opposed to them doing something about something they previously didn't have a plan on doing anything with?


Who's the nut that's making this that I'm coming up with some dark conspiracy here?

I'm simply looking at what they are doing, and it doesn't make a lot of sense unless it's in a virtualized server environment. Why is it so hard to fathom that they made an architectural change that allows them to make a change like this?

But you're making the jump from how they did it to why they did it.

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:12 am
by bldavis
halabar wrote:
mavfin wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:It's just about adjusting. We've spent years having zones practically to ourselves, which wasn't intended, and now they're putting them back to the levels of activity they're meant to have. All that stuff about nodes, mobs, etc? The empty zone with everything to yourself was the broken state.


This, 1000x.

People, including many on here, have complained for years about empty zones. Blizzard fills them, and what do they get? QQ, of course. Business as usual for this playerbase.


It's too be expected. You give the playerbase a "broken" environment for long enough, and they adapt to it. When if finally changes, of course people are going to be upset with some effects of the change.

So now you see more people in Ungoro than you do in Ironforge. Yep, working as intended.

honestly how many ppl do you see in an cuty beyond Ogr/SW anyway?

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:22 am
by mavfin
bldavis wrote:honestly how many ppl do you see in an cuty beyond Ogr/SW anyway?


Interestingly enough, you see more in Shatt/Dalaran than in the old world cities anymore, since they're combining those cities, but not the old-world ones.

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 am
by Sabindeus
halabar wrote:CRZ-AH would be an utter disaster.

If they did that..

1) The AH would be ruled by those that camp the AH 24-7, and there would be little chance for profit ever.
2) Gathering would be worthless, as the botters would always have the price down at the lowest possible.
3) Finding deals on rare items would be very hard, as they would be gone instantly because of scan-bots.

You don't want to go there.


i dunno, this sounds pretty great to me

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:07 am
by Worldie
A cross realm AH doesn't have to include all the realms. I was talking specifically to low pop realm. Combining 4-5 low pop realm so their AH matches the one of a Full realm would only do good to them.

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:39 am
by halabar
Sabindeus wrote:
halabar wrote:CRZ-AH would be an utter disaster.

If they did that..

1) The AH would be ruled by those that camp the AH 24-7, and there would be little chance for profit ever.
2) Gathering would be worthless, as the botters would always have the price down at the lowest possible.
3) Finding deals on rare items would be very hard, as they would be gone instantly because of scan-bots.

You don't want to go there.


i dunno, this sounds pretty great to me


You really want to surrender the AH to the 24/7 botters?

Re: CRZ goodies...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:55 am
by Sabindeus
halabar wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
halabar wrote:CRZ-AH would be an utter disaster.

If they did that..

1) The AH would be ruled by those that camp the AH 24-7, and there would be little chance for profit ever.
2) Gathering would be worthless, as the botters would always have the price down at the lowest possible.
3) Finding deals on rare items would be very hard, as they would be gone instantly because of scan-bots.

You don't want to go there.


i dunno, this sounds pretty great to me


You really want to surrender the AH to the 24/7 botters?


Two responses, one flippant the other serious:

1. Dude I want to BE one of the botters

2. Here's what I use the AH for:
- Raw mats to level my blacksmithing
- Item enhancements (gems, scrolls, leg kits, etc.)
So a price race to the bottom is exactly what I want to see on the AH.