CRZ goodies...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:51 pm

I don't think some are realizing the economic impact of this change.

Let's say there are 160 realms, which are now merged down to 20 CRZ realms. So, instead of node spawns adjusted for people on 160 different servers, you now have the node spawns of 20 servers providing Whiptail to those 160 servers. While the spawn rare does increase based on the number of people in the zone, it's going to be increased so much as to balance out 160 servers going down to twenty. And that Whiptail is not going to be evenly distributed across all those servers.

End result: Less mats on the market on most servers.

A friend of mine who dabbles in botting noted that he saw at one point 20-30 bots in Uldum, mostly from high-pop servers.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:53 pm

bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:Bad things are still happening with it. Want to go for a ride on my drake?... :lol:

huh?
did i miss something again?


Go for a ride on a 2-seater (or Sandstone drake), get dropped when going into a CRZ, pray that you have slowfall of some sort.. 8)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby bldavis » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:26 pm

what does that have to do with my point of lowbie ally RPers shouldnt be getting flagged while in goldshire?
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby theckhd » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:57 pm

halabar wrote:You miss my point as to why they are doing this. The point is that they are likely doing this to manage server resources. I can't see how they would consider this effort just to populate Ungoro Crater with more people, when they routinely add more to make lower levels trivial. Either this is part of the server resource allocation, or a byproduct of it.

Yeah, it can't possibly be for the reason they claim, which was to make the world feel "alive" and populated again. That would just be silly. An overblown conspiracy theory based on a largely presumptive knowledge of their server architecture is much more likely.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Another CRZ oddity.

When im in my prot gear/spec and I enter a CRZ zone i get a little animation/sound above my head, and my health drops to 85%.
Like I've just done a spec change.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Teranoid » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:03 pm

theckhd wrote:
halabar wrote:You miss my point as to why they are doing this. The point is that they are likely doing this to manage server resources. I can't see how they would consider this effort just to populate Ungoro Crater with more people, when they routinely add more to make lower levels trivial. Either this is part of the server resource allocation, or a byproduct of it.

Yeah, it can't possibly be for the reason they claim, which was to make the world feel "alive" and populated again. That would just be silly. An overblown conspiracy theory based on a largely presumptive knowledge of their server architecture is much more likely.


Whoa bro you can't be introducing logic into this that's not allowed
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Yeah especially you theck :P
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Amirya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:42 pm

halabar wrote:Go for a ride on a 2-seater (or Sandstone drake), get dropped when going into a CRZ, pray that you have slowfall of some sort.. 8)

Unless something's changed, shouldn't it pop you a parachute anyway? I thought that was a change they did, to prevent people like from griefing people like bldavis on my rocket, way up in the sky, on a non-druid character (BYE BYE!).

I know that when my roomie and I were rocketing our way from SM to Scholo recently, he got ejected and parachuted his way down (and then got the 65 yard drop achievement).
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:48 pm

theckhd wrote:
halabar wrote:You miss my point as to why they are doing this. The point is that they are likely doing this to manage server resources. I can't see how they would consider this effort just to populate Ungoro Crater with more people, when they routinely add more to make lower levels trivial. Either this is part of the server resource allocation, or a byproduct of it.

Yeah, it can't possibly be for the reason they claim, which was to make the world feel "alive" and populated again. That would just be silly. An overblown conspiracy theory based on a largely presumptive knowledge of their server architecture is much more likely.


If they really did it so I'd have people to wave to when mining thorium in Ungoro, then they sure have created a lot of other chaos to accomplish that. :wink:

And if that is their only motivation, it seems odd in that it runs quite opposite of their rigid stance about not giving a crap about underpopulated servers.

I find it humorous that you'd dismiss offhand the idea that they would possibly be doing this, and had the capacity to do CRZ as a result.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Amirya wrote:
halabar wrote:Go for a ride on a 2-seater (or Sandstone drake), get dropped when going into a CRZ, pray that you have slowfall of some sort.. 8)

Unless something's changed, shouldn't it pop you a parachute anyway? I thought that was a change they did, to prevent people like from griefing people like bldavis on my rocket, way up in the sky, on a non-druid character (BYE BYE!).

I know that when my roomie and I were rocketing our way from SM to Scholo recently, he got ejected and parachuted his way down (and then got the 65 yard drop achievement).


As noted above, that's only if you have something to land on eventually. 8)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby bldavis » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:31 pm

halabar wrote:
Amirya wrote:
halabar wrote:Go for a ride on a 2-seater (or Sandstone drake), get dropped when going into a CRZ, pray that you have slowfall of some sort.. 8)

Unless something's changed, shouldn't it pop you a parachute anyway? I thought that was a change they did, to prevent people like from griefing people like bldavis on my rocket, way up in the sky, on a non-druid character (BYE BYE!).

I know that when my roomie and I were rocketing our way from SM to Scholo recently, he got ejected and parachuted his way down (and then got the 65 yard drop achievement).


As noted above, that's only if you have something to land on eventually. 8)

where? :shock: :?
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Darielle » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:34 pm

bldavis wrote:where? :shock: :?


I think he's referring to the original context this was brought up in involving flying across the void from Netherstorm/Hellfire/whatever.

If they really did it so I'd have people to wave to when mining thorium in Ungoro, then they sure have created a lot of other chaos to accomplish that.

And if that is their only motivation, it seems odd in that it runs quite opposite of their rigid stance about not giving a crap about underpopulated servers.


You find it much more believable that they have a conspiracy based around lying about an entire motivation, as opposed to them doing something about something they previously didn't have a plan on doing anything with?

CRZ has some very odd issues (and other longer term drawbacks), and I'm not really fond of it, but it is an overall more interactive world with it in play when there are actually other players around, which was their goal to begin with.
Darielle
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:29 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Another CRZ oddity.

When im in my prot gear/spec and I enter a CRZ zone i get a little animation/sound above my head, and my health drops to 85%.
Like I've just done a spec change.

It's because when you switch all of your buffs drop for a second. That seems to include hidden buffs like Plate Specialisation, possibly even your spec passives.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4910
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby degre » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:38 am

Darielle wrote:CRZ has some very odd issues (and other longer term drawbacks), and I'm not really fond of it, but it is an overall more interactive world with it in play when there are actually other players around, which was their goal to begin with.

Went to TH and could actually find a group for CoC, I was impressed.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Zalaria » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:43 am

I did CoC on saturday and there were three groups fighting for the quest starts. My no-heals group did fine because there were so many extra folks killing them!
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
User avatar
Zalaria
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:27 am

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby mavfin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:09 am

KysenMurrin wrote:It's just about adjusting. We've spent years having zones practically to ourselves, which wasn't intended, and now they're putting them back to the levels of activity they're meant to have. All that stuff about nodes, mobs, etc? The empty zone with everything to yourself was the broken state.


This, 1000x.

People, including many on here, have complained for years about empty zones. Blizzard fills them, and what do they get? QQ, of course. Business as usual for this playerbase.

As Kysen mentions, the empty zone that you had to yourself all the time was the broken thing.

([opinion])I think this is actually the first step down the road to 'no realms'. When they get this perfected, we'll have a PvP world, a PvE/Normal world, an RP-PvP world, and an RP-Normal/PvE world that you share with the population of your region on a zone-by-zone basis, merging/splitting zones as needed. This is just the first painful step.

I also think that AH changes of some kind are down the road, but, exactly what those may be I don't know yet. I think they'll move away from the realm-only one, and might even merge horde/alliance AH.(/opinion)
--Mav
mavfin
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:47 am

Darielle wrote:You find it much more believable that they have a conspiracy based around lying about an entire motivation, as opposed to them doing something about something they previously didn't have a plan on doing anything with?


Who's the nut that's making this that I'm coming up with some dark conspiracy here?

I'm simply looking at what they are doing, and it doesn't make a lot of sense unless it's in a virtualized server environment. Why is it so hard to fathom that they made an architectural change that allows them to make a change like this?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:52 am

mavfin wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:It's just about adjusting. We've spent years having zones practically to ourselves, which wasn't intended, and now they're putting them back to the levels of activity they're meant to have. All that stuff about nodes, mobs, etc? The empty zone with everything to yourself was the broken state.


This, 1000x.

People, including many on here, have complained for years about empty zones. Blizzard fills them, and what do they get? QQ, of course. Business as usual for this playerbase.


It's too be expected. You give the playerbase a "broken" environment for long enough, and they adapt to it. When if finally changes, of course people are going to be upset with some effects of the change.

So now you see more people in Ungoro than you do in Ironforge. Yep, working as intended.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 am

halabar wrote:
Darielle wrote:You find it much more believable that they have a conspiracy based around lying about an entire motivation, as opposed to them doing something about something they previously didn't have a plan on doing anything with?


Who's the nut that's making this that I'm coming up with some dark conspiracy here?

I'm simply looking at what they are doing, and it doesn't make a lot of sense unless it's in a virtualized server environment. Why is it so hard to fathom that they made an architectural change that allows them to make a change like this?

But you're making the jump from how they did it to why they did it.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4910
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:12 am

halabar wrote:
mavfin wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:It's just about adjusting. We've spent years having zones practically to ourselves, which wasn't intended, and now they're putting them back to the levels of activity they're meant to have. All that stuff about nodes, mobs, etc? The empty zone with everything to yourself was the broken state.


This, 1000x.

People, including many on here, have complained for years about empty zones. Blizzard fills them, and what do they get? QQ, of course. Business as usual for this playerbase.


It's too be expected. You give the playerbase a "broken" environment for long enough, and they adapt to it. When if finally changes, of course people are going to be upset with some effects of the change.

So now you see more people in Ungoro than you do in Ironforge. Yep, working as intended.

honestly how many ppl do you see in an cuty beyond Ogr/SW anyway?
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby mavfin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:22 am

bldavis wrote:honestly how many ppl do you see in an cuty beyond Ogr/SW anyway?


Interestingly enough, you see more in Shatt/Dalaran than in the old world cities anymore, since they're combining those cities, but not the old-world ones.
--Mav
mavfin
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 am

halabar wrote:CRZ-AH would be an utter disaster.

If they did that..

1) The AH would be ruled by those that camp the AH 24-7, and there would be little chance for profit ever.
2) Gathering would be worthless, as the botters would always have the price down at the lowest possible.
3) Finding deals on rare items would be very hard, as they would be gone instantly because of scan-bots.

You don't want to go there.


i dunno, this sounds pretty great to me
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6050
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:07 am

A cross realm AH doesn't have to include all the realms. I was talking specifically to low pop realm. Combining 4-5 low pop realm so their AH matches the one of a Full realm would only do good to them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8782
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:39 am

Sabindeus wrote:
halabar wrote:CRZ-AH would be an utter disaster.

If they did that..

1) The AH would be ruled by those that camp the AH 24-7, and there would be little chance for profit ever.
2) Gathering would be worthless, as the botters would always have the price down at the lowest possible.
3) Finding deals on rare items would be very hard, as they would be gone instantly because of scan-bots.

You don't want to go there.


i dunno, this sounds pretty great to me


You really want to surrender the AH to the 24/7 botters?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:55 am

halabar wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
halabar wrote:CRZ-AH would be an utter disaster.

If they did that..

1) The AH would be ruled by those that camp the AH 24-7, and there would be little chance for profit ever.
2) Gathering would be worthless, as the botters would always have the price down at the lowest possible.
3) Finding deals on rare items would be very hard, as they would be gone instantly because of scan-bots.

You don't want to go there.


i dunno, this sounds pretty great to me


You really want to surrender the AH to the 24/7 botters?


Two responses, one flippant the other serious:

1. Dude I want to BE one of the botters

2. Here's what I use the AH for:
- Raw mats to level my blacksmithing
- Item enhancements (gems, scrolls, leg kits, etc.)
So a price race to the bottom is exactly what I want to see on the AH.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6050
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KysenMurrin and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: KysenMurrin and 1 guest