CRZ goodies...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 am

halabar wrote:Well, if you don't fish, gather, hunt rare spawns, and are ok with PVP in your PVE, you wouldn't have anything to complain about.


I don't do any of those things and play on a PVP realm! huzzah! \o/

Well I do gather a bit, but that's always in the latest content zones, where CRZ doesn't apply and I pretty much only do that in the first few months of an expansion anyway.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6050
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Newsom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Playing on a really low population realm I'm actually really annoyed. We don't have things on our Auction House (low level crafting mats especially) so you have to farm it yourself. Which I was totally fine with, except it is now impossible since CRZ.

Ecnomy on my server was horrible to begin with, but now it's just so much worse.

It also seems to be a real pain in the ass trying to level with multiple 85s killing you for fun (getting lots of complaints from guildies about this). I think it's a lot easier to be a shitty ganker when you are ganking randoms on other servers who you might never run in to again.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Nooska » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 am

Newsom wrote:Playing on a really low population realm I'm actually really annoyed. We don't have things on our Auction House (low level crafting mats especially) so you have to farm it yourself. Which I was totally fine with, except it is now impossible since CRZ.

Economy on my server was horrible to begin with, but now it's just so much worse.

This is actually a valid point of contention in regards to low pop realms - the CRZ increases participation in the zones to the expected levels, but it doesn't create the expected results on gathering materials (mostly herbs and ore - skinning should be up due to higher pop = faster spawns)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:11 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893
With more populated areas, we’re aware of concerns over increased competition for resource nodes as well as quest and rare mob spawns. This is something that we’re in the process of evaluating. We’ve already taken some steps to address it by increasing the spawn rates of most rare spawns. If a zone becomes too populated, we’re capable of adjusting how many realms are able to connect to it. Just keep in mind that we do choose spawn times of creatures and profession nodes with a certain zone population in mind -- CRZ affords us the ability to better maintain those populations.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4910
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:07 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893
With more populated areas, we’re aware of concerns over increased competition for resource nodes as well as quest and rare mob spawns. This is something that we’re in the process of evaluating. We’ve already taken some steps to address it by increasing the spawn rates of most rare spawns. If a zone becomes too populated, we’re capable of adjusting how many realms are able to connect to it. Just keep in mind that we do choose spawn times of creatures and profession nodes with a certain zone population in mind -- CRZ affords us the ability to better maintain those populations.



Just lol

So he's carefully saying that it's actually working the way they want, but they are figuring out that no one likes it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Flex » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:12 pm

halabar wrote:Just lol

So he's carefully saying that it's actually working the way they want, but they are figuring out that no one likes it.


If people are used to farming in empty zones any addition of people would be unwelcomed but it is something they just have to get over.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:Just lol

So he's carefully saying that it's actually working the way they want, but they are figuring out that no one likes it.


If people are used to farming in empty zones any addition of people would be unwelcomed but it is something they just have to get over.


And in the process they ruin the social aspect of the game even further.

Was talking this over with a programmer/server admin I know, and our hunch is that this is all being done to allow them to virtualize their server farm, so while there still might be "realms" they are not on individual blade servers anymore. So, the result is they can actually merge servers without ever admitting to doing so, since they can dynamically scale resources between servers as the population changes.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Teranoid » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:34 pm

Just had a 70 on 70 war in Halaa.

Love this shit.

So sorry to the people who are mad they can't have entire zones to themselves anymore. They complain about how world pvp was dead and how everything felt so empty just like they complained about how LK was too easy and when they change things everyone bawls and complains about how unfair it is and how they're going to quit.

The players have absolutely no clue what they want aside from wanting one more thing to bitch about.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Newsom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Try leveling a profession on a super low population server and see how you like CRZ then. Doesn't matter how much gold you have, there are no materials to buy on the auction house and farming is a hot mess. And no, I can't just move, this is where my raiding guild is.

I just hope they don't enable CRZ for Pandaria zones any time soon or we might just be forced to move just to get consumables.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:22 am

They would easily fix the problem by making CR-AH. No idea why they don't want to. The social aspect of a realm community is long dead anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8782
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:59 am

CR-AH doesn't quite work the same though, unless they're going to be combining the AH for all servers that are capable of going CR with one another (which, if I'm not mistaken, is all realms.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3585
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:13 am

CR-AH would solve the issue of not having stuff in AH with CRZ, that was what I thought
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8782
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:00 am

So I was bored while waiting for AV, and flew around Storm Peaks. At 2 am zone time, I saw 5 hunters from 4 different servers camping a rare in one spot. As I hovered over, counting them, the rare spawns, and one tries to tame, and another kills it. Guess that's working as intended. Glad I'm done with any old world rares myself, because it would suck now.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:08 am

Worldie wrote:CR-AH would solve the issue of not having stuff in AH with CRZ, that was what I thought


CRZ-AH would be an utter disaster.

If they did that..

1) The AH would be ruled by those that camp the AH 24-7, and there would be little chance for profit ever.
2) Gathering would be worthless, as the botters would always have the price down at the lowest possible.
3) Finding deals on rare items would be very hard, as they would be gone instantly because of scan-bots.

You don't want to go there.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:11 am

Teranoid wrote:Just had a 70 on 70 war in Halaa.

Love this shit.

So sorry to the people who are mad they can't have entire zones to themselves anymore. They complain about how world pvp was dead and how everything felt so empty just like they complained about how LK was too easy and when they change things everyone bawls and complains about how unfair it is and how they're going to quit.

The players have absolutely no clue what they want aside from wanting one more thing to bitch about.


So because it benefits PVP it's a success? err.. not.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Flex » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:59 am

halabar wrote:So I was bored while waiting for AV, and flew around Storm Peaks. At 2 am zone time, I saw 5 hunters from 4 different servers camping a rare in one spot. As I hovered over, counting them, the rare spawns, and one tries to tame, and another kills it. Guess that's working as intended. Glad I'm done with any old world rares myself, because it would suck now.


That never happened before cross realm zones. Everyone was nice and civil to each other.

Newsom wrote:Try leveling a profession on a super low population server and see how you like CRZ then. Doesn't matter how much gold you have, there are no materials to buy on the auction house and farming is a hot mess.


I leveled multiple professions post CRZ as I shifted around which of my alts had what professions and had zero issues farming ore for engineering and jewelcrafting.

halabar wrote:
Was talking this over with a programmer/server admin I know, and our hunch is that this is all being done to allow them to virtualize their server farm, so while there still might be "realms" they are not on individual blade servers anymore. So, the result is they can actually merge servers without ever admitting to doing so, since they can dynamically scale resources between servers as the population changes.


This is dumb. When people talk about merging servers they mean realms not actual server hardware.


halabar wrote:
So because it benefits PVP it's a success? err.. not.


Because it makes farming and rare hunting harder it is a failure?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Newsom » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:04 pm

I think what annoys me the most is that this was supposed to fix leveling zones feeling empty (aka no other players in your level range to quest with/compete with) but what is happening in practice is that all zones are instead filled with max level characters who do nothing but detract from the leveling experience.

Have you been to Hellfire Peninsula lately at level 60? I had to boost my friend through dungeons just so he could get past the zone (10-20 level 85 gankers killing everyone low level on both sides).

Then there's the whole fact that there are no low level herbs on my server's AH, and it took over 2 hours to farm 5 stacks of Swiftthistle. I counted 10 herbing druids in Hillsbrad at one point.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:09 pm

You miss my point as to why they are doing this. The point is that they are likely doing this to manage server resources. I can't see how they would consider this effort just to populate Ungoro Crater with more people, when they routinely add more to make lower levels trivial. Either this is part of the server resource allocation, or a byproduct of it. If they can manage resources better by balancing people in zones, and by having less instances of a zone live, then it makes sense on their part. It's basically load balancing. Combine 150 instances of Ungoro Crater into 10 or so, that can be dynamically managed.

And if I'm right, we won't see them fix the fishing tournaments by un-CRZing them. Instead, they'll CRZ the whole continent in the case of Northrend. Not sure what they'll do with Stranglethorn. Or they might just remove the tournaments from Salty alltogether.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Newsom wrote:Then there's the whole fact that there are no low level herbs on my server's AH, and it took over 2 hours to farm 5 stacks of Swiftthistle. I counted 10 herbing druids in Hillsbrad at one point.


That's impossible, Flex is always right.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Newsom wrote:Have you been to Hellfire Peninsula lately at level 60? I had to boost my friend through dungeons just so he could get past the zone (10-20 level 85 gankers killing everyone low level on both sides).


But that's what guys like Flex want, the ability to gank... :D

Basically they are giving every server the problems of a high-pop server.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Newsom » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:17 pm

halabar wrote:
Newsom wrote:Have you been to Hellfire Peninsula lately at level 60? I had to boost my friend through dungeons just so he could get past the zone (10-20 level 85 gankers killing everyone low level on both sides).


But that's what guys like Flex want, the ability to gank... :D

Basically they are giving every server the problems of a high-pop server.


With none of the benefits. (Working economy, people to PUG with)


Anothing thing is it dismounts people on your 2 person rocket when flying into a CRZ zone. Super fun going from Blade's Edge -> Netherstorm only to have my firend fall down into the nether randomly. Twice. :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Ahhh. So thats what happened to me. was flying from Hellfire down to Black Temple for a mog run.
Half way there - POOF - dismounted into the void and dead.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:34 pm

I don't understand why people flag on PvE servers. There's a huge amount of corpses everywhere near dark portal on our server.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8782
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby Teranoid » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:41 pm

halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Just had a 70 on 70 war in Halaa.

Love this shit.

So sorry to the people who are mad they can't have entire zones to themselves anymore. They complain about how world pvp was dead and how everything felt so empty just like they complained about how LK was too easy and when they change things everyone bawls and complains about how unfair it is and how they're going to quit.

The players have absolutely no clue what they want aside from wanting one more thing to bitch about.


So because it benefits PVP it's a success? err.. not.


Yeah you're right.. that's totally the sole reason why aside from the fact I'm not so delusional I expect to play a game of 9 million people by myself with absolutely no one around.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: CRZ goodies...

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Teranoid wrote:
halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Just had a 70 on 70 war in Halaa.

Love this shit.

So sorry to the people who are mad they can't have entire zones to themselves anymore. They complain about how world pvp was dead and how everything felt so empty just like they complained about how LK was too easy and when they change things everyone bawls and complains about how unfair it is and how they're going to quit.

The players have absolutely no clue what they want aside from wanting one more thing to bitch about.


So because it benefits PVP it's a success? err.. not.


Yeah you're right.. that's totally the sole reason why aside from the fact I'm not so delusional I expect to play a game of 9 million people by myself with absolutely no one around.


Tell that to the RPers that got raped in Goldshire by a PVP-PVE CRZ combination. Take 50 RPers at an event, and add in 3 horde DKs... :roll: :lol:

MMO does NOT mean perpetual combat. PVE servers exist for a reason.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest