Patch 5.0.4 stuff

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.0.4 stuff

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:38 am

Sagara wrote:
halabar wrote:
Sagara wrote:Weirdly, I'm not that happy :-/ We're barely at 4/8, and it was clear in my head we weren't meant to get the mount (like all the other Glory of the XXX Raider).:

Well, if I'm guessing right and you don't have Hagara yet, that fight is more of a challenge due to the dispels. Warmaster is still a pain due to the RNG.

You guess right. But it's worse. People can't for the life of them handle indiviual requirements to even get through LIGHTNING alive. *facepalm*

Ugh... it also seems that the frost patches have changed.. combine that with the dispells, and.. uggh...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Sagara » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:17 am

Short version: f*ck this. If they're not happy, jumping ships we go!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:34 am

Guessing this is a bug: My graphics settings are marking the highest setting as "Recommended" on every single option. My computer ain't that good.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Koatanga » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Sagara wrote:
halabar wrote:
Sagara wrote:Weirdly, I'm not that happy :-/ We're barely at 4/8, and it was clear in my head we weren't meant to get the mount (like all the other Glory of the XXX Raider).:

Well, if I'm guessing right and you don't have Hagara yet, that fight is more of a challenge due to the dispels. Warmaster is still a pain due to the RNG.

You guess right. But it's worse. People can't for the life of them handle indiviual requirements to even get through LIGHTNING alive. *facepalm*

There is a positioning method we adopted in which the lightning will chain around without anyone moving, provided they are in the right place to begin with. That was pretty much the only way my raid could handle the lightning. I place beacons where the inner lightning rods will drop so people know how to align themselves. Takes 11 to chain it around, so you have to have at least one pet class and everyone has to survive frost. The entire chaining takes about 4-5 seconds.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Sagara » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Yeah, I saw that thing on the forum.

I linked it. placed 4 beacons. Nothing works. NOTHING!! *runs crying in the distance*
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:28 pm

So...

Sanctified Wrath Vs Holy Avenger.

Our dear egg-head Theck says SW is the better of the two, but im finding HA to be excessivly powerful.
Particularly in those situations where Poop has hit the fan and you need lots of heals fast.

Macro HA + Wings together then spam a rotation like:
CS > WoG > Judge > WoG > CS > WoG > Judge > WoG.
Thats alotta self healing in a short period of time...

Thoughts?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:11 pm

I have no idea where to put this so I'll just chuck this in here. I was having massive fps problems after the patch - it would jump from my normal 60 down to about 13 and stuttering awfully while it was doing so. I just went through the painful process of enabling and disabling every single addon until I found the problem.

Turns out it was TipTac and the version I had from early yesterday (Wednesday) was causing me problems. There was an update later on that night (about 24 hours ago now) and it seems to have resolved the problems I was having.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone happened to be having a similar problem and couldn't figure out what it was.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:24 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Our dear egg-head Theck says SW is the better of the two, but im finding HA to be excessivly powerfu

Better for dps, but dps is not our main criterion - Theck says he prefers HA. I agree it does sound good - I hadn't thought of using it to rapid heal via WoG and was thinking of it more as a cooldown for more sustained ShotR, but what you suggest does sound useful. I wonder roughly how much healing you can expect during that short period of time?
econ21

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Is DS Normal/Heroic cross-realm enabled?

Any word on this?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:44 pm

econ21 wrote:I wonder roughly how much healing you can expect during that short period of time?

Well in an ideal scenario the first WoG you fire off would have the 50% SoR buff, plus 20% from Wings plus whatever Vengeance gives you.
After that you immediately pop HA (HA lasts 18sec, wings 20sec, so they match up nicely)
0sec - CS
1.5sec - WoG
3sec - Judge
4.5sec - WoG
6sec - CS
7.5sec - Wog
9sec - Judge again
10.5 - Wog
12 - CS
13.5 - Wog
15 - Judge
16.5 - Wog
18 - Last CS, but probably not due to latency and being unable to get perfect 1.5sec casts.

So thats (if my thinking is correct) 6 full WoG's in 18sec.
Forgive me if my thinking/calcs are incorrect - doing this at work with not all data at fingertips. :)

[EDIT]Glyph of 4 Wings (aka Glyph of Butterfly) is manditory! :D
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby PsiVen » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:09 am

It's much faster than that. WoG and ShoR are off-GCD, so you can generally fire them off as fast as you can generate Holy Power. And if you're proactive you can stack up duration on your ShoR buff instead of spam healing. If you're hit capped it can easily be 30 seconds of continuous buff coverage.

Holy Avenger has to be the worst choice for average Holy Power generation / DPS because it's amazing on demand.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Taikishi » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:52 am

I'm having similar problems, Nika, but I'm not running TicTac. My guild is still relatively dead so I ran LFR for kicks on Tuesday. Dropped down to mid-20s in FPS were as before I was running a constant 60 in LFR. In Stormwind, my FPS can run near 100 then suddenly cut to the mid-to-low 40s before jumping back up It's possible one of my add-ons is causing this, though I'm not sure which. It's also possible that my video card is biting it. At one point I was running two GTX 465s in SLI but then one just randomly bit it - white streaks across my screen after POST.

I haven't done any dungeons or raids on beta, so I don't know if this is happening there as well, but while I get a constant 100+ FPS in most of Pandaria, I occasionally dip down into the 30s and 40s for almost no logical reason.
Taikishi

Postby djlar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:37 am

Dusted off my pally tank, did 28K DPS on Ultraxion somehow... top of the chart! what the?
djlar

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:52 am

Taikishi wrote:I'm having similar problems, Nika, but I'm not running TicTac. My guild is still relatively dead so I ran LFR for kicks on Tuesday. Dropped down to mid-20s in FPS were as before I was running a constant 60 in LFR. In Stormwind, my FPS can run near 100 then suddenly cut to the mid-to-low 40s before jumping back up It's possible one of my add-ons is causing this, though I'm not sure which. It's also possible that my video card is biting it. At one point I was running two GTX 465s in SLI but then one just randomly bit it - white streaks across my screen after POST.

I haven't done any dungeons or raids on beta, so I don't know if this is happening there as well, but while I get a constant 100+ FPS in most of Pandaria, I occasionally dip down into the 30s and 40s for almost no logical reason.

Personally, I found the change in frame rate so bothersome that there was no way I could play like that. I guess you could do what I did... turn off every addon and then slowly turn them back on one by one (relogging each time) and running around in a heavily crowded area every time to determine if that particular addon is causing the frame loss. It's annoying, but the relief I got when I figured out what it was definitely outweighed the time it took to find it.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:02 am

I noticed my own FPS was around 26 in SW yesterday. Pretty sure it's been closer to 40 since Cataclysm & current graphics card.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General