Remove Advertisements

So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:39 pm

bldavis wrote:#outofcontextquoteftw


had to chop somewhere...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9372
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Shoju wrote:You are assuming that I put stock in the story to begin with. Very few, and I mean VERY few questlines ever held my attention.

I'm sure there will be some new version of one of these awesome lines, and I will here about it, but it certainly isn't enough to make questing worth it for me.

We just play(ed) the game for different reasons. Think back. When I was online, How often was I not in some form of dungeon or raid? Even if it was soloing it. I just didn't care for the storylines and the questing enough to be held in rapt interest over and over and over,..

were all leveled to 80/85 via dungeon running /alternative method (Yokuan made almost 85 purely on herbing). I just grew REALLY tired of the questing, while dungeon running was what I was all about.


I'm not a lore freak either, so I only want to see it myself once as well.. and apparently you didn't notice that while you were leveling via dungeons, I was leveling (past 80) by farming... :wink:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9372
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:53 pm

I wish blizz would fix the mess with vanilla reps.
I'm nicely ordered with BC, exalted across the board with exception of Aldor, green across the board with LK and Cata factions. its just the dumb vanilla ones that I cant change, even if i wanted to do a stupidly dull grind.

And quest lines USED to hold my attention - once upon a time - if the quest involved killing or avoiding monsters that could kill you. Todays quest lines are a snore fest that you can auto attack through.

My Pally main got to 85 from a mix of questing & dungeons. (40/60 mix)
My Druid went from 80-85 solely through herbing/mining.
My hunter, mostly questing with the odd 30min-1hr LFD dps wait.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:53 pm

halabar wrote:
bldavis wrote:im kinda upset i never finished the dreadsteed quest on my lock :(


good, my hunter needs a gun that drops in that encounter...

:shock: :?
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Teranoid » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:31 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:I wish blizz would fix the mess with vanilla reps.
I'm nicely ordered with BC, exalted across the board with exception of Aldor, green across the board with LK and Cata factions. its just the dumb vanilla ones that I cant change, even if i wanted to do a stupidly dull grind.


Kinda like how I can grind tabard reps till my eyes bleed and it's okay but I'm supposed to spend the next 5 years of my life grinding Warsong and AB rep where I can get shut out and walk away with nothing after wasting 20 minutes.

Makes me wish I would have made my shaman in Vanilla so I could just have taken the absolutely retarded way out and turned in marks like a fiend.

BRING BACK BATTLEGROUND MARKS BLIZZARD ><
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:44 pm

bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:
bldavis wrote:im kinda upset i never finished the dreadsteed quest on my lock :(


good, my hunter needs a gun that drops in that encounter...

:shock: :?


Yes, there's a gun that drops from one of the major adds/sub-bosses in that encounter.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9372
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:08 pm

halabar wrote:Yes, there's a gun that drops from one of the major adds/sub-bosses in that encounter.

again
:shock: :?

(am i wrong in thinking the quest was removed from the game?)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:09 pm

bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:Yes, there's a gun that drops from one of the major adds/sub-bosses in that encounter.

again
:shock: :?

(am i wrong in thinking the quest was removed from the game?)


I think it's still there... but I could be mistaken.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9372
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 pm

pretty sure all the class quests like that were removed with cata
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:52 pm

I don't think even the demon quests are available. Only class quests I recall from leveling are the weapon quests that take you through BFD and SFK to collect items.

I am also not much of a quester. Back in classic, after my group outleveled me, I think I spent about 3 levels just killing the skels in the graveyard near Chillwind. Grinds I don't have much issue with, but yeah, I can barely remember the stories behind any of the quests I did (and any that I do remember are mostly because I've completed those quests a number of times because they were the fastest way to level in between dungeon runs.)

I do enjoy dungeons, and certain ones I could continuously run forever if they were worth XP (current SM, old VC.) I generally break up the "monotony" with PvP, and I wholeheartedly concur that they should either increase the rep gains from running WSG/AB or have an alternate method of raising it, because 20 rep* per BG is pretty stupid.




*Exaggeration, it's really more like 10 >.>
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Shoju » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:15 am

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:You are assuming that I put stock in the story to begin with. Very few, and I mean VERY few questlines ever held my attention.

I'm sure there will be some new version of one of these awesome lines, and I will here about it, but it certainly isn't enough to make questing worth it for me.

We just play(ed) the game for different reasons. Think back. When I was online, How often was I not in some form of dungeon or raid? Even if it was soloing it. I just didn't care for the storylines and the questing enough to be held in rapt interest over and over and over,..

were all leveled to 80/85 via dungeon running /alternative method (Yokuan made almost 85 purely on herbing). I just grew REALLY tired of the questing, while dungeon running was what I was all about.


I'm not a lore freak either, so I only want to see it myself once as well.. and apparently you didn't notice that while you were leveling via dungeons, I was leveling (past 80) by farming... :wink:


My point about that, was that you were saying that I didn't have the ability to see all the changes to the story. I'm simply saying: When I knew what the story was, and I was engaged in the story (I have had a soft spot for the black dragonflight since I made it to Dustwallow in TBC), I still couldn't be bothered to care. What makes you think I would care at all now that they have moved to part of the story that I don't like more than Varian and Garrosh combined?*




*the two worst characters ever to be shat out by the story team. (IMO)
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6349
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:16 am

Shoju wrote:My point about that, was that you were saying that I didn't have the ability to see all the changes to the story. I'm simply saying: When I knew what the story was, and I was engaged in the story...


There are three levels here...

Lore geek > "oh, that was interesting" > "just gimme the quest dammit" > wtfIwannaraidnow

If Blizz does the job well, most people will be in the 2nd one, at least on the first toon. If you are already in #3 or #4 on your first pass on new content, then it's probably not the right game for you... ;D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9372
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Shoju » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:38 am

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:My point about that, was that you were saying that I didn't have the ability to see all the changes to the story. I'm simply saying: When I knew what the story was, and I was engaged in the story...


There are three levels here...

Lore geek > "oh, that was interesting" > "just gimme the quest dammit" > wtfIwannaraidnow

If Blizz does the job well, most people will be in the 2nd one, at least on the first toon. If you are already in #3 or #4 on your first pass on new content, then it's probably not the right game for you... ;D


The first time through content, I'm #2. But the replayability of the questing content was more of a

#5 -> This force fed routine makes me want to stab kittens.

from alt #2 on.

Every zone (except Hyjal) had some overly complicated, scripted, solo quest to get moving.

Vashjir? I didn't care about the boat. I wanted the soldiers to die, just so I could move along and get the sea legs, and the sea pony on the gatherers.
Deepholm? I wanted to jump off the wyvern, and rez at my body, because it would have been faster, and I wouldn't have had to listen to her voice anymore (seriously... that voice was terrible)
Uldum? Great. So now, I have to hoof it down there, since you neglected to put the portal in. Then I have to help the prince. Oh right... and the head enchant wasn't "really" BoA (you still needed the rep), so I always took the rep, not the gold.
Twiliands? SERIOUSLY. That was cool the first time, after that, it was a real pain in the ass to do.

Then there were the rep grinds in the zones. Vashj was broken at launch (that was fun). That probably attributed to my utter loathing of the zone, and refusal to go back. Therazane rep was AWFUL. The intro was too long. The dailies were not enjoyable. The zone on a whole was a massive disappointment. Uldum was just... 'meh'. The story didn't grab me at all. It didn't seem to fit with the rest of the idea for the story. I don't know. the zone just never did it for me. It's the only zone I never got the quest achieve for on a character. Maybe because I did hyjal and deepholm, and then was high enough to care about twilands, and felt like uldum was a casualty of that. Twilands was fantastic. I love that zone. I just hate the opening. Great story on both ally and horde sides. Hyjal was "ok". It didn't make me hate it, or love it. The only thing about hyjal I didn't like was the phased requirement to open the molten front. When I leveled my paladin, I went vash - Deepholm because I wanted the rep for the head enchant quickly, so I had done 0 hyjal, only to find out that I would need to for the dailies. That was disheartening.

They would have to improve the bulk of the questing experience over what they had in cataclysm before it would "measure up" to the questing in BC or WotLK for me. Even BC, which had similar rep grinds in zones didn't feel as painful as Cata.

Maybe it was that I enjoyed HFP, Nag, and SMV so much that I didn't mind Zang (which looked great), BeM (bad zone IMO), and Netherstorm (was tedious).
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6349
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:17 am

Shoju wrote:#5 -> This force fed routine makes me want to stab kittens.


Just imagine Pandaria, with no flying until you are lvl 90... :shock: :shock: :D :D :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9372
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:28 am

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:#5 -> This force fed routine makes me want to stab kittens.


Just imagine Pandaria, with no flying until you are lvl 90... :shock: :shock: :D :D :D


Like it SHOULD be. Cataclysm was the only expansion that launched with us being able to fly right away.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest