Remove Advertisements

So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:48 am

Lieris wrote:Northrend should have been the final expansion. Everything after that feels like a step down.

The way different zones exist in different timelines is a mess that I don't know if they can fix.

Also Azjol Nerub should have been its own zone and had a raid! /broken record

Agree with Cata being a step down. But Pandaland seems like a step in the right direction again (not having seen the raids yet).

Only way to fix the zones is eventually move it to CoT. Outlands becomes one massive CoT run.

Agreed with AN, a lot of lost potential there, certainly a lore derail, but one worth taking.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:55 am

Am I the only person that actually enjoys grinding out rep and achievements on multiple characters? I mean, my paladin will always be my main and the one I focus on most, but I do like grinding up rep to get the shoulder enchants on my alts (and helm enchants before those went BoA).

I can't figure out why some of you even started playing (and stuck with...) this game if you don't like grinding. I'm really looking forward to building up rep with all the new factions.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:01 am

Nikachelle wrote:Am I the only person that actually enjoys grinding out rep and achievements on multiple characters?

Yes.

halabar

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:03 am

Nikachelle wrote:Am I the only person that actually enjoys grinding out rep and achievements on multiple characters?

Main paladin does all the things, since I like doing things at least once. Alt paladin will do all the things that give me fun end rewards, like pets a mount I want and so on, but those wont be needed so it'll be stuff solely based on Ret/Holy gear, which is less fun for me actually as it moves the alt paladin down to the level of every other toon.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby degre » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:12 am

I don't believe you are the only person, but surely I don't share the pleasure :p

I look forward to do all the grind on my main, I really look forward to all the sets of new dailies, but on my alts I'm going to do strictly factions which are relevant to my alt's professions as a matter of necessity.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Lieris » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:54 am

halabar wrote:
Lieris wrote:Northrend should have been the final expansion. Everything after that feels like a step down.

The way different zones exist in different timelines is a mess that I don't know if they can fix.

Also Azjol Nerub should have been its own zone and had a raid! /broken record

Agree with Cata being a step down. But Pandaland seems like a step in the right direction again (not having seen the raids yet).

Only way to fix the zones is eventually move it to CoT. Outlands becomes one massive CoT run.

Agreed with AN, a lot of lost potential there, certainly a lore derail, but one worth taking.

The raids looks pretty nice for what little I have seen. I think I would been a lot more enthusiastic about pandas and their lore had they been introduced into the game slowly. Brewfest, the odd NPC here and there, a quest hub or two... instead of "BAM! PANDAS EVERYWHERE!".

COT is as confused as the game world outside of it given that present day instances have been shoehorned into it. :D I don't think Outland is a huge problem as it works fairly well as its own self-contained story, it's really Northrend that is the biggest time paradox.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:01 am

I can't summon up the motivation to do those more than once. I have the most neglected max level alts out there. :(

On the extreme end I know someone with five Dragonwraths. :lol:
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:40 am

halabar wrote:Uhh.. the reps really have nothing at all to do with raiding. For crafting, they are mostly mandatory, but for raiding? nope. MoP tabards are NOT for gaining rep, they are rewards (back to TBC model).

Personally, I get so sick of running dungeons over and over, regardless of the rep.

It does sound like MoP will be somewhat linear in the questing, as there are major storylines, but assuming you need the rep, you'll want to do it all anyway. Raiders can just smash dungeons to level and skip that if desired.

Well, considering you can't have all the professions on one character, then I woudl still not care for the new style. I didn't like the reps in TBC> I hated that model, and was very excited (I'm sure you can find posts on here, and on the lounge about it) when they changed it in WotLK.

There are few dungeons that just wear me out. in WOTLK, Oc was the only one that I "really" hated, because you could only do so much to speed it up. At the very end, when it was "loleasy" myself and another guild tank were having competitions to speed clear them, highest AoE recount parses for the group (which meant ZOMG we are tanking a lot) and various other things to keep ourselves entertained.

In Cata? Stonecore, Throne, VP, and HOO were all subpar, and not fun. I never minded the Z's, only the craptastic amount of "I can't move out of the bad" that I had to deal with from people. I never minded the Twiroics that much. End Time could be a real crap shoot, but that was about it.

If it is still hold your hand linear, they are going to get even more complaints, and more people being unhappy, I can't see how keeping it so linear will keep some of the "old timers" happy much longer. I would probably have ended up quitting because of it anyway. I hate doing things "because I have to". If I do it "because I have to" and not because "I want to" then it's a problem.

Nikachelle wrote:Am I the only person that actually enjoys grinding out rep and achievements on multiple characters? I mean, my paladin will always be my main and the one I focus on most, but I do like grinding up rep to get the shoulder enchants on my alts (and helm enchants before those went BoA).

I can't figure out why some of you even started playing (and stuck with...) this game if you don't like grinding. I'm really looking forward to building up rep with all the new factions.

I hated the pre-nerf Sons of Hodir.
I hated Therazane.
I grew to hate the Argent Tournament.

Going and doing dailies so that one day, I unlock an enchant is just not my idea of fun and engaging gameplay. Going and unlocking the tabard, and then running dungeons, and doing "what I rolled the character to do" is more my thing. I loved the idea of buying the tabard, and burying myself in dungeons, looking for gear, badges, JP, VP, etc.. so that I could improve my character.

It's not too bad at the beginning of the expac, when the gear on the vendors is pretty good, but after the gear takes a hit due to new content, I just can't be bothered to care about Rep running for enchants. I still have characters that I leveled early on in Cata who don't have Therazane unlocked, because when I would go to Deepholm to quest, my desire to log off and find something else to do increased to levels higher than my desire to keep playing.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:27 pm

halabar wrote:

Yes.

no, but only as long as said reps are available fairly early into the zone, and dont require the entire freaking zone to unlock

i didnt mind Hodir, but i hated Therazane
basically its let me get a 1/4 or 1/3 into the zone, unlock this rep to start working on and then give me the option to quest or do dailies and i will be happy!

make me do the entire zone, and then do dailies/championing on top of it when i am already sick of the zone...that is a bit much
if they do make reps like that, at least have the things you are grinding for be BoA :evil:

i know i am weird though, i level all my toons and get thier proffesion all leveled
i dont have crafting toons, i have other characters i enjoy playing (or not)

could i make more money having dedicated crafting alts and/or a bank alt? sure!
but i wouldnt have as much fun
part fo the fun for me is doing research and trying to find the best way to play each class
i know im not the best at all of them, but i do pretty good with most

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm

bldavis wrote:no, but only as long as said reps are available fairly early into the zone, and dont require the entire freaking zone to unlock

Mount collectors will be grinding all those to exalted on at least one toon... :-)

halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Shoju wrote:Well, considering you can't have all the professions on one character, then I woudl still not care for the new style. I didn't like the reps in TBC> I hated that model, and was very excited (I'm sure you can find posts on here, and on the lounge about it) when they changed it in WotLK.

Going and doing dailies so that one day, I unlock an enchant is just not my idea of fun and engaging gameplay. Going and unlocking the tabard, and then running dungeons, and doing "what I rolled the character to do" is more my thing. I loved the idea of buying the tabard, and burying myself in dungeons, looking for gear, badges, JP, VP, etc.. so that I could improve my character.

I certainly dislike the new path for the crafting alts, and I'll be benching a lot of toons as a result.

On the other hand, I don't mind the semi-linear progression IF there are decent rewards at the end (this time around it's mounts). What I hated was questing where all you had at the end was crap blue gear that was likely replaced in your first heroic. At least this time, the rep gear is good enough that you will certainly use it for a while unless you are a progressive raider. A decent story helps too. Remember, you don't have the visibility into the story line, so you're missing on some of the things you are judging it on.

That dungeon grind gets really old too. It's fine for leveling, but I hated running those even more than I hate LFR right now trying to gear alts.

halabar

Postby Shoju » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:34 pm

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:Well, considering you can't have all the professions on one character, then I woudl still not care for the new style. I didn't like the reps in TBC> I hated that model, and was very excited (I'm sure you can find posts on here, and on the lounge about it) when they changed it in WotLK.

I certainly dislike the new path for the crafting alts, and I'll be benching a lot of toons as a result.

On the other hand, I don't mind the semi-linear progression IF there are decent rewards at the end (this time around it's mounts). What I hated was questing where all you had at the end was crap blue gear that was likely replaced in your first heroic. At least this time, the rep gear is good enough that you will certainly use it for a while unless you are a progressive raider. A decent story helps too. Remember, you don't have the visibility into the story line, so you're missing on some of the things you are judging it on.

That dungeon grind gets really old too. It's fine for leveling, but I hated running those even more than I hate LFR right now trying to gear alts.

You are assuming that I put stock in the story to begin with. Very few, and I mean VERY few questlines ever held my attention.

The dying infected Argent in Northrend.
The new troll druid in Western Plaguelands
The Dragon Egg line in Badlands
The dying horde member in Swamp of Sorrows
The Crimson Watch line in SMV
Darrowshire (original)
Charger line (BE)
Demon line in Old Blasted Lands

That's really about it. Out of 5,000+ quests that have comprised stories, those are the ones that "held" my attention. I don't care about Pandaria. I don't care about the war. There is nothing in the new storyline that "grabs me". I'm sure there will be some new version of one of these awesome lines, and I will here about it, but it certainly isn't enough to make questing worth it for me.

We just play(ed) the game for different reasons. Think back. When I was online, How often was I not in some form of dungeon or raid? Even if it was soloing it. I just didn't care for the storylines and the questing enough to be held in rapt interest over and over and over, for each alt.

Maryshelly, (in both wotlk and Cata)
Shojin (in Cata)
Pitunia
Yokuan
Shojus (from Outland on)

were all leveled to 80/85 via dungeon running /alternative method (Yokuan made almost 85 purely on herbing). I just grew REALLY tired of the questing, while dungeon running was what I was all about.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:51 pm

halabar wrote:
bldavis wrote:no, but only as long as said reps are available fairly early into the zone, and dont require the entire freaking zone to unlock

Mount collectors will be grinding all those to exalted on at least one toon... :-)

oh i know i will be on at least one

i was saying about doing them on multiple alts
my main will be getting exalted with everyone

#outofcontextquoteftw

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:55 pm

a majority of my leveling is done via dungeons as well
i typically level one toon to see story (like my foresaken lock is going through the EK horde chain, and my gob hunter will be mostly the Kalimdor chain), and then the rest are almost pure dungeons unless there is a chain i enjoy or can do fast i know of in advance

im kinda upset i never finished the dreadsteed quest on my lock :(

bldavis

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:39 pm

bldavis wrote:im kinda upset i never finished the dreadsteed quest on my lock :(

good, my hunter needs a gun that drops in that encounter...

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General