Remove Advertisements

Diablo III - who's in?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Diablo III - who's in?

Postby djlar » Mon May 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Rolling with the Witch Doctor and loving it...

Currently finished Diablo on normal and an easy Act I in nightmare.. still no legendary drops..

They should give dropped gems a different color text, they are so easy to miss in the middle of all gray/white stuff..
djlar

Postby Worldie » Mon May 21, 2012 3:40 pm

The same would work for metallurgy/jewelcrafting pages.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Mon May 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Vortex-molten-fire chains on those fucking bat things in act 1. My life is officially over.
Levantine

Postby Amirya » Mon May 21, 2012 4:01 pm

While waiting for a tow truck this morning, I played with a monk for a bit.

Unable to swing the camera around is driving me nuts. Also, I had to tell my groupmate to stop killing things, I was still working out how to get Spirit back.

Maybe I'll try a demon hunter or wizard tonight. But so far? Not really feeling it.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby tinalt » Mon May 21, 2012 4:22 pm

Bliz said the camera thing was a conscious decision, because it limits your ability to see what's off screen, which can add to the "scary" atmosphere since you don't know what's out there, and means it's possible to kite in the wrong direction and pull more and die.

If you want to feel a really enjoyable class, try barbarian. Apparently it can struggle a bit in later difficulties, where both melee struggle more, but there is something very satisfying about the way it plays.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:29 pm

So... I know I'm not playing through in any sort of "fast" way, but I was curious what the approx. levels people were ending each difficulty with (to start the next one.)

I'm currently lvl 21, Normal Act II (just rescued Adria.) Is that high/low/about average?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Mon May 21, 2012 4:32 pm

So I'm finding that attack speed + fists of thunder (lightning flash) + mantra of evasion + guardians path + dual fists + sixth sense is a satisfying way to play. Hurr you can't kill me if you can't hit me. It's even more fun with a wizard slowing time for me so it's easier to dodge magic attacks. I heart my monk. I was trying to get like water for added nerd points and found out its actually hilarious to see most attacks just miss you.
Levantine

Postby tinalt » Mon May 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Skye1013 wrote:So... I know I'm not playing through in any sort of "fast" way, but I was curious what the approx. levels people were ending each difficulty with (to start the next one.)

I'm currently lvl 21, Normal Act II (just rescued Adria.) Is that high/low/about average?

I know there are people that are rushing through and already on nightmare, hell, or inferno. I'm taking my time and splitting it between toons as well, so I'm still in Normal Act II. I have a wizard that's level 24 and is trying to bring some guy back to life right now, and I have a barbarian that's level 20 and just killed Maghda.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon May 21, 2012 5:19 pm

I believe you are supposed to finish normal at about level 30ish, nightmare at 40+ and hell very close to 60.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 pm

tinalt wrote:Bliz said the camera thing was a conscious decision, because it limits your ability to see what's off screen, which can add to the "scary" atmosphere since you don't know what's out there, and means it's possible to kite in the wrong direction and pull more and die.

If you want to feel a really enjoyable class, try barbarian. Apparently it can struggle a bit in later difficulties, where both melee struggle more, but there is something very satisfying about the way it plays.

And the sad part is, I don't care about seeing off screen, but that damn tree/wall is always in my way!

I might try barbarian, I made one of each class to see if one appeals to me.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Usually if you're behind a tree/wall it goes transparent so you can see what you're doing.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon May 21, 2012 6:47 pm

That only happened about 50% of the time, and usually when I was moving away from the tree/wall. Like, "Oh yeah, I should go away!"
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Mon May 21, 2012 10:50 pm

re: levels to finish things, we finished act 2 level 23-ish, act 3 at 30 and diablo at 33, doing a full clear.

Barbarian is fun incarnate, and a 1h-shield defensive approach makes you nigh indestructible. Revenge rocks. I'm having trouble with the monk (lvl 8), as he feels squichy for a melee class. Then again, my baba might corrupt my vision.

WD seems also insanely fun if only for the spiders, spiders everywhere!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Skye1013 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:09 pm

I gave up on the spiders... I don't like them as much as the Poison Dart. And the Queen is annoying because she doesn't follow you around, but isn't something you want to really spam (unlike the jars.) Also don't really care for the frogs because they're difficult to be accurate with. I just unlocked the Flaming Skull Bomb things though, so will have to try them out to see if they're any fun for me.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon May 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Flaming bomb + bounce rune (either the 6 st bounce or the 2 aoe bounces) are great fun and very effective :)

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General