Remove Advertisements

Diablo III - who's in?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Diablo III - who's in?

Postby Fetzie » Fri May 18, 2012 4:06 am

I did a significant portion of the game with a barbarian that had a shield and 1h equipped.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Fri May 18, 2012 7:50 am

More important question; Did any of you sell anything yet in the D3 AH for RL funds?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fetzie » Fri May 18, 2012 8:10 am

RM-AH isn't available until Tuesday.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Flex » Fri May 18, 2012 10:20 am

econ21 wrote:I got the game with the annual pass, but so far have logged an impressive 3 mins.

The initial problem for me is the absence of a shield tank/paladin type class

You're going into it with the wrong mindset. There is no MMO style tanking for the most part. Things will up and decide not to attack you when in a group so you'll want to use stuns and knockbacks/pullins to control them, which Barbarians and Monks have plenty of.

Additionally all classes can do a 1H and Shield as weapon choice is mostly aesthetic.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Koatanga » Fri May 18, 2012 2:32 pm

The Paladin attitude is probably best expressed in the Barb. I leap in and smash my massive hammer of doom, pull everything to me, and procede to kick the ever-loving crap out of it while the rest of my party pew-pews in relative safety.

As an added bonus, my Massive Hammer of Doom almost literally launches bodies into space, which I find hillarious.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Sagara » Fri May 18, 2012 3:31 pm

EVERYTHING we do turn bodies to pinballs...

(and it's SOOOOOOOOOOO goood!)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby halabar » Sat May 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Not I.

POS old ATI Radeon X1900 XT won't support it. Annoyed with Apple not upgrading the MacPros.

halabar

Postby mavfin » Sun May 20, 2012 5:35 am

halabar wrote:Not I.

POS old ATI Radeon X1900 XT won't support it. Annoyed with Apple not upgrading the MacPros.

That's pretty old. Mine's three years old, and I have an ATI 4870 512 MB DDR5 GPU, and I run D3 on high graphics just fine.

Loving it, too busy playing to post. :D
--Mav
mavfin

Postby halabar » Sun May 20, 2012 10:06 am

mavfin wrote:
halabar wrote:Not I.

That's pretty old. Mine's three years old, and I have an ATI 4870 512 MB DDR5 GPU, and I run D3 on high graphics just fine.

I was going to upgrade the video card a couple years ago, but the only available option at the time was $500 or so.

The processors are 2.66 dual-core Xeon, which is still more than enough for any gaming or graphics work that I do. Need something new from Apple soon.

halabar

Postby Vrimmel » Sun May 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Pyrea wrote:I did a significant portion of the game with a barbarian that had a shield and 1h equipped.

While my mage is sporting a heavy 2-h mace.

D3 is a great game, but if they fucked one thing up it's itemization.
Vrimmel

Postby Skye1013 » Sun May 20, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm always amused to see Witch Doctor only items with Str/Dex on them. I mean, I guess if I wanted to build up armor/dodge, then it would be great... but I'd rather just stack Int and melt faces.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby tinalt » Sun May 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Vrimmel wrote:
Pyrea wrote:I did a significant portion of the game with a barbarian that had a shield and 1h equipped.

While my mage is sporting a heavy 2-h mace.

D3 is a great game, but if they fucked one thing up it's itemization.

random is random. they didn't itemize anything, completely on purpose. they gave the RNG gods a pool of different item affixes and items can have random horrible or awesome rolls with their stats and affixes. it's possible to get a legendary item that's worse than a rare or blue one.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Mon May 21, 2012 3:17 am

TBH...I like how the randomness of itemization is. It's better than looking at some of the pieces of gear in WoW and going...wtf...
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Mon May 21, 2012 6:11 am

tinalt wrote:random is random. they didn't itemize anything, completely on purpose. they gave the RNG gods a pool of different item affixes and items can have random horrible or awesome rolls with their stats and affixes. it's possible to get a legendary item that's worse than a rare or blue one.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that legendaries have specific itemization but the numbers for those could vary slightly. Not sure.

Rares are a total crap shoot though, you could get anything. +Str crossbows ftl.

Edit: Just checked on D3db.com and it looks like the legendaries have a mix of fixed stats and random stats, anywhere from 1 to 3 random stats depending on the legendary, as far as I could tell. So you could still end up with +str on a legendary crossbow it appears.
Gab

Postby mavfin » Mon May 21, 2012 7:59 am

halabar wrote:
The processors are 2.66 dual-core Xeon, which is still more than enough for any gaming or graphics work that I do. Need something new from Apple soon.

Single quad Xeon 2.67 here. (W3520), but I made sure when I got it I got the ATI vid, not the Nvidia, and I'm glad I did, since Nvidia has never fixed their Mac drivers for gaming. If you have an Nvidia GPU on a Mac, and want to game, use Bootcamp. The drivers are that bad, and Nvidia won't fix them.
--Mav
mavfin

PreviousNext

Return to General