Method vs Vodka DS 25 Heroic speed clear

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Method vs Vodka DS 25 Heroic speed clear

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:33 am

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/sl ... _vs_vodka/

This is what happens when guilds get bored during farm content. Apparently we race each other and donate any proceeds to Save the Children Organization.
Here's a copy paste of the release someone else wrote:
The Dragon Soul Challenge is a head-to-head speed clear competition between vodka and Method. With no buff and no stopping, the first guild to fully clear 25 player Heroic Dragon Soul wins. Both raids will occur simultaneously on 4/21/2012 at 2:00 pm EST[8:00 pm CET]. We invite all fans of World of Warcraft to view and participate in all the action at [1] http://athenelive.com/dschallenge.
While both guilds will feature high quality streams from a variety of player perspectives, the primary stream will showcase players from both guilds and be casted by Athene and Kinaesthesia. This should make following all the action easy and the viewing experience more entertaining. The primary stream chat itself will be interactive throughout the event and our casters, players, and sponsors will all be present to chat with and answer your questions.
There will also be a pre-raid event 30 minutes beforehand staring at 1:30pm EST[7:30 pm CET]. During this time, our casters will share insight about the upcoming raid. Expect interviews with players from both guilds as well as viewer Q&A. There will also be additional information about our sponsors and the charity we are supporting.
It is important to mention that 100% of all proceeds from this event will go directly to charity. Information about Save the Children can be found here: [2] http://www.savethechildren.org/. The fundraiser itself can be found here: http://www.opsharecraft.com/. We encourage both viewer support and direct donations.
The event itself is sponsored by Razer, Curse, Lowerping, and other groups. Each sponsor will have a representative present to talk with and ask questions. Viewers can expect giveaways throughout the event both at random and as a result of direct donation to the charity. Prizes include:
-5 x Cataclysm Collectors Edition’s signed by the WoW development team
-4 x Razer Naga EPIC Mice, 2 x Carcharias Headsets, 2 x Nostromos, and 1 x Anansi Keyboard
-5 x Curse T-shirts and 10 x 1 year Premium Accounts
-10 x 1 year Lowerping Accounts codes and 20 x 3 month Lowerping Account codes
-2 x 30min coaching sessions with Landsoul
As a reminder the pre-raid event starts at 1:30pm EST[7:30 pm CET] with the raid itself to follow at 2:00pm EST[8:00 pm CET] at [4] http://athenelive.com/dschallenge. For a good time and a good cause be sure to show up!
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Re: Method vs Vodka DS 25 Heroic speed clear

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Vodka wiped on Zon and lost 1 healer to idiot jump bug, and Method won by 3 seconds. 1:21 clear time.

I credit Treckie.
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:25 pm

grats treckie + crew!

3 seconds between you

Wasn't that pala a healer?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Treck » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:25 pm

It was pretty intense, I was personally very nervious about the whole race, we choose a much safer path, and it payed off.
I did stream the whole race aswell, Im gonna try to make a highlight about it all (cheers if anyone from here was watching:P) , my voice is however not going to be there, but theres going to be other PoVs from both our guild and from Athene on the whole thing.

EDIT: For anyone interested, here is my Stream of the whole thing in 2 parts.
Part 1
Part 2
Treck

Postby Shoju » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:37 am

You are guilded with Athene?!
Shoju

Postby Treck » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:14 pm

No, he is just sponsored by razer like we are.
He has played with vodka tho (i think they boosted him with gear or shit with his char he plays on with swifty) but im not sure he plays on eu servers atm.
I did met him in person on Dreamhack winter last year, he is pretty awesome in person, very hyped in public xD
Treck

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Treck wrote:No, he is just sponsored by razer like we are.
He has played with vodka tho (i think they boosted him with gear or shit with his char he plays on with swifty) but im not sure he plays on eu servers atm.
I did met him in person on Dreamhack winter last year, he is pretty awesome in person, very hyped in public xD

LOL well at least you spoke to him to form a better opinion. I saw him talking to Towelliee at Blizzcon and the two of them together was enough for me to do a 180 and walk in the other direction, as I find both of their online personas absolutely awful.

Edit: Watched the first part at work today... started in on the second but didn't have a chance to finish. Thanks for linking it though. I was sad I only found out about the speed clear after it was finished, but I'll enjoy watching the remainder of it tomorrow.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Edit:

Ack, totally wrong thread, and so freakin' tired when I tried (and failed) to be funny. Apologies, Nika :|
Last edited by Amirya on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Pyrea wrote:Wasn't that pala a healer?

You're right -- apparently Vodka's "lead" healer. I had switched to Method's 1080 stream since I preferred to listen to their Mumble vs Athene's horrible commentary, so I wasn't positive what was happening on Vodka's stream.

Props to Athene for the charity work, but as a shoutcaster and host it was awful. If they continue to do these kinds of events, hopefully he'll get better with practice.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Nikachelle wrote:LOL well at least you spoke to him to form a better opinion. I saw him talking to Towelliee at Blizzcon and the two of them together was enough for me to do a 180 and walk in the other direction, as I find both of their online personas absolutely awful.

I barely follow Athene myself, but I do keep track of some of the stuff he does since we are in a sense related thanks to razer, and for future events, some of his fans gets more aware of us cuz of that, so thats good for us.
I do have to say im not a fan of "Athene" the character either (its how he got "big" tho) but the person behind is nice, not to mention Reese (his cameraman) is awesome :P
Only reason I know of Towelliee is cuz he posts here from time to time, never bothered following what he actually does.

Nikachelle wrote:Edit: Watched the first part at work today... started in on the second but didn't have a chance to finish. Thanks for linking it though.

Ive been meaning to do fraps and stuff of bosses with maybe some guidelines but never got to it.
When we knew we were going to be doing this race I felt like that was something I really had to stream, and now its available for anyone who is interested to watch.
I wanted to have my mic enabled aswell but I had to move my computer to my brother who have a good internet compared to mine, and he was pretty vocal since he and a few friends played the Diablo 3 beta most of the weekend, so I had to end up not using it at all ^^

Nikachelle wrote:I was sad I only found out about the speed clear after it was finished, but I'll enjoy watching the remainder of it tomorrow.

Thats the worst part with the event, it was barely advertised at all.
Blizzard announced it the same day on their facebook, razer strangely never mentioned it.
And mmo-champ didnt pick it up untill the same day either, so it was very last minute for most people.
We still had 33k viewers in the end, people saying it spiked up to 37k at one point tho.
The whole run was for charity aswell, I really dont think that was advertised enough either except if you were allready on the stream, Athene is very dedicated to raising 1 million dollars for the Save the Children charity.
That said, it was still a huge success, if it happends in the future, now people will know about it, what sorta stuff it is, and advertise it way in advance, and hopefully we can get lots more viewers, PvE IS still fun even during farm times if you make something out of it, and it is clearly interesting to watch, I just hope we will be included in future events like this.
Treck

Postby Treck » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:49 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:You're right -- apparently Vodka's "lead" healer. I had switched to Method's 1080 stream since I preferred to listen to their Mumble vs Athene's horrible commentary, so I wasn't positive what was happening on Vodka's stream.

Props to Athene for the charity work, but as a shoutcaster and host it was awful. If they continue to do these kinds of events, hopefully he'll get better with practice.

Athene is pretty horrible at English tbh, and yeh he wasnt all that great doing the "commentary" but he still does have fans who wanna see what he does.
Altho, I really think they should have people who are famililar with both content and current mechanics, as it gets very awkward with misinformation, that anyone who actually played the last 2 months would know right from wrong.
At one point they said that Mass ress only gave the caster a CD and they could reuse it if someone else casted it (its a minor thing, but it buggs me)
Its like TotalBiscuit casting starcraft games, sure he is a nice guy, and he does hilarious stuff, but compared to the old elite players who know every small thing about what it actually means playing at that level, theres no competition.
Treck

Postby Brekkie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:01 am

Wow, cool, I really wish I'd known about this before-hand!

I LOVE competitive speed-clears. Back in ToGC doldrums days, I tried to organize on between my guild and some of the other top 10 US guilds, but no one was interested. I think they were weirded out by the concept, and scared of the possible bad press of losing. US guilds are so much less fun and competitive than the EU guilds (with modern Vodka being the obvious exception).

I think in many ways, doing speed clears is a great way to advance the E-Sport aspect of WoW, because there's clearly no "oh, they just raid more, it's no fair!" advantage. Plus they are so exciting and edge-of-your-seat to play. I love it!

How much money was eventually raised for the charity?
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Treck » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:22 am

Method actually did an Ulduar race against Ensidia a while back.
It was 10man tho (battle of the best) where Method lost, due to some shaman rebuffing water shield while invispot, and pulled trash.
The rules were a little bit different, but I think it might have inspired the Idea (it was vodkas Idea btw, and im happy we were included)

As for charity, It raised about 20k USD more than a usual day.
Athene has a goal at reaching 1million USD, and a "normal" day they raise about 5k, but this saturday a little over 25k was reached, He also did a big shoutout to everyone who donated.
Treck

Postby Brekkie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:35 am

Yeah, I remember coverage of that. It's what inspired me to try and get a US response event going, with the difference of us doing it on 25-man with all hard-modes. We challenged several other guilds and got "maybe"s from Blood Legion and Eternal Reign, but both ended up backing out.
We went ahead and did a couple practice 25-man speed clears anyway, just for fun, and it was honestly some of the most exciting time I ever spent playing WoW. If memory serves me right we clocked in at something like 1 hour 45 mins.
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Next

Return to General