MoP Wish List........"I'd like......."

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Wish List........"I'd like......."

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:06 pm

i agree it should be a hard mode tied guild achievement, but also tied into the player knowing how to play their class
hard mode kills required, but mostly personal quests that are tied to your class that you are unable to group for

if it happens to be a staff, make it something that is different for each class, have a proc or something for each class and the option to boost what stat you want (ie you have the choice between 50 mastery, haste or crit)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I'm not against the skill requirement. But like Lieris, I think it should be enforced by achievement via hard modes or something of that ilk (but that thought doesn't seem to have strong support here, so I'm trying to not ram my opinion down everyone's throat since I usually get accused of being elitist). It is still a guild achievement though - something the guild should be proud about. We tend to focus too much on what we each personally get out of this game, which is a real bummer at times.

To be honest, even me, Mr. 5-man, would be OK with legendaries being a raid-only item if it didn't seem like that was solely there as an arbitrary mechanic to limit who got them. If they are supposed to be a group achievement, make it something the group actually takes part in... not just an extra item that drops off a boss you were killing anyway, the only difference being that you need to kill them *more*.

Extra raid boss, perhaps with some lead-up events? Then perhaps gives folks an achievement (feat of strength, I'm thinking, perhaps with a pet or mount or something) for helping. If it was a guild group, then you get the guild achievement. Otherwise, only the individual achievements.
benebarba

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:16 pm

The part I liked about the legendary staff was the part where Invis had to collect certain items from bosses by doing them slightly different than we normally would. They weren't major things (like having him come up top on Beth, etc.) but they could certainly expand upon that idea. Also with Dragonwrath, it unlocked a pet for the entire guild - which I thought was a really neat touch.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Also with Dragonwrath, it unlocked a pet for the entire guild - which I thought was a really neat touch.

"It's okay that we gave him a legendary and he xferred the next day. We got a pet!" *plate prys up on H spine and everyone throws their pets at the tendon*
Teranoid

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Teranoid wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Also with Dragonwrath, it unlocked a pet for the entire guild - which I thought was a really neat touch.

"It's okay that we gave him a legendary and he xferred the next day. We got a pet!" *plate prys up on H spine and everyone throws their pets at the tendon*

And if you're giving a legendary to someone who has even the remotest CHANCE of leaving the guild any time soon, then you're doing it wrong.

(Although, LOL @ your imagery.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Qeeze » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Some additions to my original post.

I'd like to see the base UI improved.
They should add options to move all the elements of the UI.
Offer more Unit Frame options. Give at least make a few different skins for all of our unit frames including the raid frames.
A option to make the mini map different shapes and sizes.
Improve the chat frame options.
An official Blizzard Damage meter & Boss mod that improved on the player created ones.

Blizzard should have the server capacity available on day one for everyone promised beta access.

I have high hopes the new challenge dungeon modes will actually be difficult on Bronze mode, hard on Silver, and extremely hard on Gold.
Qeeze

Postby degre » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Shoju wrote:You mention that you did the chain on a rogue you don't really know how to play. Is it fair to say that its an alt?

Yep.

Not replying on any of the rest, we obviously have different opinions and I'll simply agree to disagree.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I'm not against the skill requirement. But like Lieris, I think it should be enforced by achievement via hard modes or something of that ilk (but that thought doesn't seem to have strong support here, so I'm trying to not ram my opinion down everyone's throat since I usually get accused of being elitist). It is still a guild achievement though - something the guild should be proud about. We tend to focus too much on what we each personally get out of this game, which is a real bummer at times.

I have no problem with a heroic kill being part of the requirement, but I don't see that as an enforcement function, but rather as a completion requirement. The skill factor should be the enforcement function.

Yes, that is shifting it away from a guild achievement, and to more of a personal one.

Here's an idea, make the legendaries available to any class, but have it be an expansion-long meta achievement. It would include all heroic raid content plus the class specific quests.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Darielle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:06 pm

I read this topic as "I'd lie".
Then Taylor Swift started playing on my sister's stereo.

It's a sign.
Darielle

Postby Lieris » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:51 pm

Nikachelle wrote:The part I liked about the legendary staff was the part where Invis had to collect certain items from bosses by doing them slightly different than we normally would. They weren't major things (like having him come up top on Beth, etc.) but they could certainly expand upon that idea. Also with Dragonwrath, it unlocked a pet for the entire guild - which I thought was a really neat touch.

There should be more quests like that for legendaries (with the requirement it be done on heroic mode) and less collecting crap. Maybe have it change the fight enough for it to award an achievement for everyone in the raid. There should be a guild and personal skill requirement instead of being forced to grind bosses for four months when really if you're good enough and the guild thinks it's worth spending time on you should be able to get in a few weeks.

I just didn't like that there were 25 man guilds that were 1/8 heroic got their first legendary about 6 weeks ago when we still haven't got ours. That to me shows that the system is broken.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:29 am

Lieris wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:The part I liked about the legendary staff was the part where Invis had to collect certain items from bosses by doing them slightly different than we normally would. They weren't major things (like having him come up top on Beth, etc.) but they could certainly expand upon that idea. Also with Dragonwrath, it unlocked a pet for the entire guild - which I thought was a really neat touch.

There should be more quests like that for legendaries (with the requirement it be done on heroic mode) and less collecting crap. Maybe have it change the fight enough for it to award an achievement for everyone in the raid. There should be a guild and personal skill requirement instead of being forced to grind bosses for four months when really if you're good enough and the guild thinks it's worth spending time on you should be able to get in a few weeks.

I just didn't like that there were 25 man guilds that were 1/8 heroic got their first legendary about 6 weeks ago when we still haven't got ours. That to me shows that the system is broken.

Sounds like what I said... O.o
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby mavfin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:00 am

All I'm going to say, after reading through the thread, is that there's no way to satisfy all of you, because some things people say directly contradict what others do. Of course, if you don't count the people who have been bitching for six months about how MoP will be terrible and they won't buy it, it simplifies the task a little, but, there's no way to satisfy all of you.

Now, extrapolate that to a multi-million person playerbase, and you see the magnitude of the devs' task. At some point they just have to 'write off' certain segments, because it's just not going to happen.

The most-likely-to-be-written-off segments include those who still want barriers to entry, and those who want single-difficulty (hard) raids. If you think that 'keep the scrubs out of my content' is a valid way to manage the game, then you probably are playing the wrong one. Not going to happen in this game, so if that's truly what you want, find another MMO.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:54 am

mavfin wrote:The most-likely-to-be-written-off segments include those who still want barriers to entry, and those who want single-difficulty (hard) raids. If you think that 'keep the scrubs out of my content' is a valid way to manage the game, then you probably are playing the wrong one. Not going to happen in this game, so if that's truly what you want, find another MMO.

Except that that's what this game used to be, and that's when a lot of us started playing it. That's the infuriating part.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Cema » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:01 am

Wish list?

Go back to Burning Crusade raiding model while giving Casual players something interesting to do, and giving baddies a way to improve and learn about their class ingame.

That's all!

Will never happen, I know.
Cema

Postby mavfin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:19 am

Cema wrote:Wish list?

Go back to Burning Crusade raiding model while giving Casual players something interesting to do, and giving baddies a way to improve and learn about their class ingame.

That's all!

Will never happen, I know.

If you want the old run T1 to gear up for T2, run T2 to gear up for T3 model, Rift still has it. You *can* get the gear via 5-mans, but you're talking (for the T2 gear) 80 5-man runs for 1 piece, so it's probably slow enough to keep the raiders feeling special. Also, 10-man and 20-man are completely separate raids, not versions of the same raid.

Of course, the new T3 raid is coming soon, so no idea what changes they'll make to the gear progression.
--Mav
mavfin

PreviousNext

Return to General