MoP Wish List........"I'd like......."

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Wish List........"I'd like......."

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:37 pm

halabar wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
halabar wrote:
Then what do you do with your guild's third mage who hasn't farmed all 10,000 of the items needed? (Insert guild drama!) The farming part needs to go away.

Huh? What do they need the legendary for the next expansion for anyway? If this is so that third mage can feel "special" for having a legendary that is utterly redundant in the next expansion then I'm not interested in that type of discussion. If a guild is going to get so wound up about getting more and more legendaries for greedy guild members then whatever... that's their drama.

I'm a bit tired of people complaining about farming/collecting/whatever being a problem in this game. This game has ALWAYS been like that. You've always had to grind quest or mobs to level. Or collect loads of items to get a better weapon/piece of gear. A lot of you people are asking to "remove farming cuz it sucks!"... I can't even begin to understand why you started playing this game in the first place. Nobody started this game at level cap and thought "WOW! This raiding is amazing!" We all started at level 1 and the grind to level cap, to quest completion, to gear acquisition was ALL a grind. I don't even know what the hell this game would be like without grinding.

Rage much?.. way to miss my point.

It's the farming by the guild that allows every third mage to want to be a special flower. I don't want to have to help every third mage to farm their things. What you seem to be saying is that only the special flower that you annoint as a RL should get a legendary should get one. That's not quite fair either, is it? But the current system allows any caster or rogue to farm the items.

Make the legendaries SOLO farming, with a few specific one-time raid drops if you want the raid tie-in. And add HARD solo quests, and not ones that can be cheesed by a group like the rogue quest.

So the GOOD players can get it, but a guild isn't held hostage to farming to gear all toons that can get it.

Wait... what? *I'm* the one raging?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Flex wrote:I enjoy it because I enjoy the stories behind the items. If you look at is a method to get a Zin'Rokh the first week of release you'd be disappointed.

If the Loremasters reputation ties into Archaeology I'll be very happy.

For me, who also was interested in the stories, when I got my like 5th round of the exact same set of vendor trash I became disinterested. From that point on it was the fun rares, and the epics that kept me going. Then I just said screw it.

My thoughts on it is:
1) Remove any items that have more than a 'showy' effect - this will eliminate the whining from people who just wanted a BOA epic. The mount I guess could stay, but definitely no weapons/armor/trinkets/jewelry.
2) Either completely revamp how a discovery is made (or what they are period) or make it so all those common items are more than just vendor trash that you flew a lot to get. Perhaps something like the buffs instead of using the keystones. Or make it something that you can get progressively more lore from, so that even if you get the same thing numerous times you feel like you are getting somewhere.

Other wishes:
Fishing: Keep it, but fer da love of pete, let tanks fish from pools for stuff they can use too! I'm tired of having to go get stacks of lavascale catfish and none of my catches counting towards the achievement. Who'd the casters need to bribe to get their fish into pools? :P

Legendaries: This one is tough. I think I'd prefer to see them disappear and level-cap class quests appear.

Engineering: Drastically shorten the cooldowns on my transporters, and give me one for each expansion (the wormhole generator was awesome. give me one for the cata zones and the panda zones!). If you're going to make it a 'fun' profession only, then let me actually use the 'fun' stuff more than once every 4 hours? KTHXBAI. PS, if you actually did stuff with cogwheels and our goggles after the first tier, maybe more of us wouldn't care so much about the possible epic fail of our tinkers. Heck, make it only have a chance to fail if I'm not in a group, then we could have our 'splody fun and not worry about wiping a raid in the process.

Gems: Why have all these colors if yellow and red are about the only ones people care about because of the itemization system you implemented? Spread the main stats out more amongst the colors. Epic gem model is OK if you only do it in the final tier... though I think everyone would be happier if there were more ways to get them.

World Peace.

More 5-man content (HoO and the post-boss-number nerf Trollroics are a great way to make the lunch-LFD crowd and the small guilds happy - at least we won't get bored so fast). Or a complete embrace of 'current content is the only content' and no need to ever run older heroics as tiers progress.

I actually agree with a lot of the points people have brought up, so I won't bother mentioning those again(like making LFD less dumb when it comes to group composition, special bosses/phases in heroic mode raids, ratcheting up the difficulty of LFR a little bit, etc.).
Last edited by benebarba on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benebarba

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Shoju wrote:I like the speed and quality of the Legendary Daggers. I don't agree with Lieris about her comments at all. I think any guild capable of killing the end boss of a Raid consistently should have the opportunity for a Legendary.

I would agree with this if end bosses on normal were never nerfed. Killing something with a 30% buff/debuff/whatever does not make you deserving of something with a "legendary" tag attached to it.

Speedwise daggers are kinda dull, to acquire the first 25M daggers on serious guilds took several weeks, highest guild in realm already killed H Madness w/o the daggers, completed all the achieves, still no daggers, I think by now they only completed their second set.

10 man guilds are still trying to get their first set by now (9 weeks for crystals at 40 avg, 8 weeks for clusters (8 clusters per week).
djlar

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:33 pm

For arch, add some trinkets that would be useful in leveling and non raiding content, similar to the alchemist stones. Not something that hard mode raiders would want, but something that would be a gap filler at lower levels.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:41 pm

djlar wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Shoju wrote:I like the speed and quality of the Legendary Daggers. I don't agree with Lieris about her comments at all. I think any guild capable of killing the end boss of a Raid consistently should have the opportunity for a Legendary.

I would agree with this if end bosses on normal were never nerfed. Killing something with a 30% buff/debuff/whatever does not make you deserving of something with a "legendary" tag attached to it.

Speedwise daggers are kinda dull, to acquire the first 25M daggers on serious guilds took several weeks, highest guild in realm already killed H Madness w/o the daggers, completed all the achieves, still no daggers, I think by now they only completed their second set.

10 man guilds are still trying to get their first set by now (9 weeks for crystals at 40 avg, 8 weeks for clusters (8 clusters per week).

I'll say it again, legendaries shouldn't be about guild elitism as some would prefer, they should simply be player skill. Make it damn hard like the early hunter class quest line, or even the current rogue one, but don't allow grouping. They should be as rare as the pvp titles, not owned by every caster with a guild capable of farming the drops every week.

halabar

Postby benebarba » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:55 pm

halabar wrote:For arch, add some trinkets that would be useful in leveling and non raiding content, similar to the alchemist stones. Not something that hard mode raiders would want, but something that would be a gap filler at lower levels.

That would also help it become a useful 'leveling profession', and with some other changes. I really do think they need to change it away from a grind-fest to get to the 'interesting stuff' and let you get a bit more out of commons than vendor price once you've gotten all the commons at least once. Take the other grindy side-profession: fishing. At least you can get something useful out of most catches and casting into a pool to get something doesn't require a funky game of hot/cold after you've flown half a continent. I feel like cranking up the number of fragments per dig was a bandaid while they sorted something better out.
benebarba

Postby Teranoid » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:02 pm

halabar wrote:Make the legendaries SOLO farming, with a few specific one-time raid drops if you want the raid tie-in. And add HARD solo quests, and not ones that can be cheesed by a group like the rogue quest.

Or better yet just get rid of them entirely and stop balancing specs and designing fights around your raid having them. Sorry there's nothing legendary about an item whose biggest hurdle is picking someone who shows up every night and you think is the least likely to quit the game. Allowing them to be built without a single heroic kill regardless of the difference in acquisition speed (or in DS's case the lack thereof) is a joke.
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:03 pm

the pre-level cap archaeology epics are always usable at the beginning of the bracket, an Ulduar level weapon at level 71 is kinda fun. I'm sure we'll see the same with the current 85 items.

I really do think they need to change it away from a grind-fest to get to the 'interesting stuff' and let you get a bit more out of commons than vendor price once you've gotten all the commons at least once.

Gear wise ff they're too easy to get they need to be weaker by being harder to find they're more powerful. So it is a balancing act of finding the "not worth it"/"worth it" point.

Ultimately Archaeology isn't about the gear, it is about telling short stories about the history of Azeroth. That aspect needs to be expanded upon and is something they seem well aware of.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:09 pm

I agree on engineering, the "forgotten" profession, like at i359 was awesome, then forgotten, then the lame only make scopes for Firelands tier and forgotten on DS..

At least on the end of Wotlk were the only ones making epic arrows LOL..
djlar

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:22 pm

1) Expand the lore part of archaeology.
2) Split out primary stat gems from being red only.

That's about all I need.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Teranoid wrote:
halabar wrote:Make the legendaries SOLO farming, with a few specific one-time raid drops if you want the raid tie-in. And add HARD solo quests, and not ones that can be cheesed by a group like the rogue quest.

Or better yet just get rid of them entirely and stop balancing specs and designing fights around your raid having them. Sorry there's nothing legendary about an item whose biggest hurdle is picking someone who shows up every night and you think is the least likely to quit the game. Allowing them to be built without a single heroic kill regardless of the difference in acquisition speed (or in DS's case the lack thereof) is a joke.

Yeah, if they aren't going to change the system up significantly then they shouldn't bother.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Teranoid wrote:

That would work too, but if they stay they need to be about skill and not guild favorites.

halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:25 pm

halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:

That would work too, but if they stay they need to be about skill and not guild favorites.

You keep coming back to this and it seems to be a personal thing against your guild or something you've experienced. Not all guilds choose who gets an item based on who is considered the "favourite" person.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Nikachelle wrote:You keep coming back to this and it seems to be a personal thing against your guild or something you've experienced. Not all guilds choose who gets an item based on who is considered the "favourite" person.

Let's look at the average 10-man guild with 4 casters who could have used the FL staff. Realistically, only one caster from that guild finished the staff, and the second is just finishing up collecting the items, one did it recently. The other two casters as still trying to get weekend FL runs. Regardless of how that first recipient was chosen, the artificial barrier imposed by farming raid drops isn't really fair to the other casters.

The current rogue legendary is a bit better, since it requires a hard quest, but that can still be cheesed. And then you still have the same farming grind.

I'm perplexed that you are against having actual skill as a requirement.

halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm not against the skill requirement. But like Lieris, I think it should be enforced by achievement via hard modes or something of that ilk (but that thought doesn't seem to have strong support here, so I'm trying to not ram my opinion down everyone's throat since I usually get accused of being elitist). It is still a guild achievement though - something the guild should be proud about. We tend to focus too much on what we each personally get out of this game, which is a real bummer at times.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General