New Scroll of Resurrection

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New Scroll of Resurrection

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:55 am

Friend of mine boosted a newly created char so it's possible.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Volitaire » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:08 am

The priest I boosted was a new char that I rerolled after I did the scroll of resurrection. Did scroll, logged into game on account, rolled priest, logged out, logged into battle.net and did the boost, logged back into char in game to validate boost, cleared mail, logged out of game, then did transfer.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:04 am

I adore all of the official forum posts that can be summed up as "I am getting exactly what I paid for and I am upset that the SoR does not apply to my situation."
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby benebarba » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:33 am

Flex wrote:I adore all of the official forum posts that can be summed up as "I am getting exactly what I paid for and I am upset that the SoR does not apply to my situation."

I also like that a blue basically had to come out and say 'No, this isn't a way for you existing players to get a free geared lvl 80 toon by taking over your friend's account'
benebarba

Postby Aedh » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:16 pm

This makes me almost want to start playing again. sad thing is the two toons I most liked playing are 80s, and the two classes I most like to boost to 80 (druid and warrior) I have suck skill with.

Must resist Blizzard.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

Postby rodos » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Flex wrote:I adore all of the official forum posts that can be summed up as "I am getting exactly what I paid for and I am upset that the SoR does not apply to my situation."

There certainly are a lot of people out there without much business sense. "Why are you giving this freebie to people who quit, and not rewarding your loyal customers?"

Hah! Loyal customers have already proven that they don't need gifts in order to keep forking over their $15/mo. Why would Blizzard need to give them an incentive? It's like banks that give introductory rates on new credit cards - they don't just randomly hand out 3-month low interest periods to existing customers, because it does nothing for them.

Loyalty schemes, like sandwich/coffee cards, work when there's zero or close-to-zero barrier to switching. Every day I go for a coffee and I can go to place A or place B, but I choose A because I have their card and it's nearly full. I don't make the decision of whether or not to pay a WoW subscription every day -- more like a couple of times a year.
rodos

Postby Zobel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:16 am

I'm seeing more competition for heavy lockboxes from level 80 rogues, so score this as another stealth nerf to The Insane.
Zobel

Postby Vrimmel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:09 am

Does anyone have a spare scroll EU?
Vrimmel

Postby Taeron » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:17 am

Vrimmel wrote:Does anyone have a spare scroll EU?

I do, but I'm on a RP server (Argent Dawn) so might not be too useful if you're hoping for a free transfer to an actually active PvE server.
Taeron

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:30 am

I do and I'm on PVE. But I don't think the resurrection scroll matters in regards to where it's coming from.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Vrimmel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:43 am

Taeron wrote:

I do, but I'm on a RP server (Argent Dawn) so might not be too useful if you're hoping for a free transfer to an actually active PvE server.

I would mainly prefer a high ranked pvp server with a balanced horde/alli ratio, but it's not critical. I'll just wait a bit and see if anyone can provide that and if not I'll PM you.

Nikachelle wrote:

I do and I'm on PVE. But I don't think the resurrection scroll matters in regards to where it's coming from.

From wowwiki: "EU: Only residents of the following countries may send a Scroll of Resurrection invitation: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine and United Kingdom."
Vrimmel

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 am

I'm pretty sure Nika meant server-wise, it doesn't matter.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:15 am

LOL well that's idiotic because I'm in Canada (which prevented from ever using RaF - I *am* on EU servers), but I was able to send a scroll to a friend in England (and he's currently using it so I know for sure it's working). So hell if I know how that works out (although that's made me really irritated now that I know one service worked but not the other).

My point is, a scroll of resurrection doesn't mean you need to resurrect your character on the same server as the character who sent it. You get to resurrect your account, regardless of where your toons are. What you do with your account once you've resurrected is up to you and has no bearing on who invited you (i.e., transfer wherever you want).
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Vrimmel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:24 am

http://www.wowwiki.com/Scroll_of_Resurrection

Here it says recipient gets:

"FREE character move to your realm and faction so you can play together."

But if I can create a new char and level it to 80 on whatever realm I like it's not a big deal to me. I'm not planning to move my main characters.
Vrimmel

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:26 am

Vrimmel wrote:http://www.wowwiki.com/Scroll_of_Resurrection

Here it says recipient gets:

"FREE character move to your realm and faction so you can play together."

But if I can create a new char and level it to 80 on whatever realm I like it's not a big deal to me. I'm not planning to move my main characters.

o.O Well that's still wrong. My friend transferred one of his character horde side (I'm alliance) on our realm and he didn't pay for it. I'm starting to think WoW-Wiki is a littttttle bit out of date.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General