Wrath of the Lich King
4%
Cataclysm
1%

Total votes : 140

Re: The World of Warcraft Poll

Postby lythac » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:44 am

Fenrìr wrote:
Worldie wrote:I'm not too surprised to see most of the active posters coming from Vanilla/TBC.

We should need a way to direct the younger and inexperienced breed here.

Most of the new people flock to MMO-C and are fed that Maintankadin and EJ don't know what they're talking about, lol.

So I was reading how to do proper rotation from Maintankadin and when doing it on training dummy for 30 seconds my DPS was lower than when I raid by 8k!! Don't trust sims/theory do what is best for you! Try it yourself!
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby benebarba » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:09 am

Fenrìr wrote:
Worldie wrote:I'm not too surprised to see most of the active posters coming from Vanilla/TBC.

Most of the new people flock to MMO-C and are fed that Maintankadin and EJ don't know what they're talking about, lol.

I guess I somehow got lucky - that or maybe I've been on more forums than some. Because my first trip to the blizz official forums and a couple threads from MMO-C were enough to tell me they weren't worth the time.
benebarba

Postby Weebey » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:46 pm

As the only person thus far in the poll who started in Cataclysm, well, I really don't see why it is so hard. Maintankadin almost inevitably comes up in any discussion about Paladin tanking on the internet; if a new tank doesn't at least check it out, given that, I'm not sure what else there is to do.
Weebey

Postby Staatt » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:12 pm

As one of the ones who started in WotLK, I actually had a hard time finding this site b/c it looks out-of-date if you don't find the forums. I persisted because I was desperate to find sites that I could read while at work and this site wasn't blocked. I forget how I came to the forums but, once I found them, I've been a regular.
Staatt
Maintankadonor

Postby yappo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Late TBC here.

Rolled a prot/warr on my sister in law's account. Dropped that toon never even knowing what the AH was. Got my own account that summer and dinged 70 with my pala just as the WotLK mechanics were introduced a month prior to the release.

Sad to say I haven't logged on to my tankadin for a month or so now. My second break this far (first one for, well, let's call them personal reasons). We'll see if Pandaclysm gets my interest back, or someone else will have to shoulder the failsafe gearing guide.
yappo

Postby Farfalla » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:36 am

Figured this is as good a place as any to make my first post... (long time reader, only registered recently however)

Joined up during Vanilla because a friend of mine was talking about it (I was playing FFXI at the time) then discovered my brother-in-law was GM of a OZ/NZ guild on Eonar(US - this was before Blizz launched the Oceanic servers) so rolled a hunter there and ended up getting into the raiding scene...

Nowaday, I'm now spending time on one of the Oceanic PVP servers in a small guild of RL friends (we sometimes set up guild LANs for raiding, which is a real blast), but we don't raid that often and I sometimes miss being part of a guild that raids several times a week... only sometimes tho. :D

Edit: I rolled my first tankadin during BC, but really only tanked the 10 mans (Kara, ZA) on her as my main for 25-man raids was a priest, but that was enough to get me hooked on tanking...
Farfalla

Previous

Return to General