31%
Wrath of the Lich King
4%
Cataclysm
1%

Total votes : 140

Re: The World of Warcraft Poll

Postby Senador » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:20 am

I believe it was right before Naxx came out. I had started in May; and I think that Naxx events started somewhere around June/July with the first undead invasion. I also remember the Kazak clone rampaging through Org in the TBC release events several months later, and being able to get the Tabard of the Protector from those quests in front of the Dark Portal (And still have it on my Shaman), and when they changed the Honor/Token system.
Senador

Postby poptart » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:26 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Two and a half months later, on 8/1, I have this shot of my priest's gear:

I guess one thing I definitely don't miss from the 40m raid days was splitting 5 pieces of loot to the raid.

I guess this is the thing that I miss most about early WoW; it was a really effort to get fully epic geared. You raided for MONTHS in order to get geared.

Now? My level 83 Prot Warrior will ding 85 in a week or so, go buy the VP pants (VP gained during leveling in instances), go do the Thrall quest line for a cloak and will have epics in 15/17 slots (2nd ring = 346 blue and 2nd trinket = 333 blue). I will replace the 346 ring with the 378 JP ring within a couple of 5-man runs and will replace the 333 trinket with the 397 VP trinket on the 2nd week after I ding.

I know it is a different game now than then; but I sort of wish it felt like more of an effort to get great gear.

Poptart
poptart

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:41 am

i am a unique snowflake!
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Shoju » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:56 am

I started playing in 2.0 or at the very beginning of 2.1, the week that the Black Temple Trailer was released. I was at a friends house, he and another friend both playing WoW, and they were geeking out that the new trailer for Black Temple had just been released, and they wanted to watch it.

I watched it with them, listening to Akama talk about the horrors of the legion, and the betrayer. I saw Illidan land, and my buddy explained to me that HE was the final "boss" of the Black Temple.

2 days later I downloaded the free 10 day trial, and then bought Vanilla at the end of the 10 days. a month later, I bought BC, and shortly after that, my BE paladin was born.
Shoju

Postby Zobel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:15 am

Vanilla, either 1.5 or 1.6.
Zobel

Postby Archeth » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:57 am

After I've been following the game for a while, I started in open beta with a gnome rogue and then a dwarf hunter. Couldn't get a US version easily (fuck region lockouts etc.) so I couldn't be there I got the an unused account of an American friend, started playing with that on Zul'jin-US in December '04 after the Mara patch.
Archeth

Postby firstamendme » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Jan 2005 on my priest!

Server first Benediction completion ;)
firstamendme

Postby Arkesh » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Like Worldie, I imagine most people from this forum are going to be in the Vanilla/BC area. BC for me. I thiiiink I started playing around 2.3... was February 2008 though for sure. Oh and eesh - I thought I'd been playing for 5 years or so. Looks like it was only four.

I started the month before. It feels like oh such a long time ago.
Arkesh

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Vanilla, about 3-4 months before BC launch.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Lieris » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Vanilla, around European launch. I didn't play properly (reach level cap and raid) until the start of TBC when I made a blood elf paladin.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby crazyharry » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Way back in the mists of time (vanilla) I still remember my first character, an Orc shaman, I got lost on the hidden path trying to do my first totem quest and fell into a river! I couldn't find my way back so I deleted my character and made a much better Tauren shaman, who I still played up until they day I quit last October-ish.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby Cogglamp » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Middle of BC if I remember right.

Quested on my pally all the way through Wetlands and was proceeding to Arathi when I was at the bridge and I see the "!" on my map where the broken bridge is.

Since I was below level 40, I figured I just had to time my jump right and being pro at Ninja Gaiden back in the day, I figured I'd have it no problem. I actually had the foresight (or so I thought) to take off my armor, my shield, my weapon and stick it in my bag to "make me lighter" (uh huh, good thinking Cogg...>.>). I ran up there in my loin cloth, timed my jump perfectly . . . and fell hunderds of feet into the river.

I swam around for a bit trying to find my way out with no avail. I still hadn't ever used my hearthstone (or even knew what it was) so I promptly left the game fuming at all the time I had "wasted". I left my pally there for months on end, stewing in the river. I had picked up a mage and hunter between then and finally decided to go back to my pally sometime after BT came out. To this day, I have yet to do that stupid quest in the broken bridge and avoid it like the plague. Maybe this story belongs in the amusement section. >.<
Cogglamp

Postby mavfin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:29 pm

For some reason, the date sticks in my head: January 28, 2005. Early Vanilla. First place I tanked was Deadmines on my human warrior, and really learned the basics in Scarlet Monastery. Did the nightly BRS/Scholo/Strat stuff for a while, then into MC, BWL, and AQ40. RL intervened, and I quit raiding for a while just after dabbling in some Naxx trash, and getting to (but not past) the boss that you had to MC his adds to tank him. (brain fart, can't think of his name)

I actually don't play much at the moment, but I'll be back on WoW whenever new content shows. I'll consume it, then back to other things. Seven years is a long time to play one game exclusively.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Amirya wrote:October prior to BC's release, but hey, it's still Vanilla!

september before wrath launch but still BC! (IM NOT A WRATH BABY DAMMIT! IDC I WAS ONLY LVL 20!) :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:36 pm

bldavis wrote:
Amirya wrote:October prior to BC's release, but hey, it's still Vanilla!

september before wrath launch but still BC! (IM NOT A WRATH BABY DAMMIT! IDC I WAS ONLY LVL 20!) :twisted:

...my mage was level 52 at the opening of the Dark Portal.

Try again. :wink:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General