Real ID Groups -- Raid Achievements/Mog Loot/Mount Seekers

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Real ID Groups -- Raid Achievements/Mog Loot/Mount Seeke

Postby benebarba » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:03 pm

theckhd wrote:
benebarba wrote:Theck, I recall you mentioning last week that some of your guildies would be taking over the FL run now that you'd finished your legendary? Either way, I'm generally still interested. It was fun :D

Yeah, Alice and Mindfade will be doing it every week (including last night). I was inviting people from realid who came to last week's run. Luckily I don't have to put the group together anymore, which is nice. I still end up raid leading it, though.

Cool, I didn't get on at all last night until rather late, when a not sleeping toddler who finally went to sleep made it such that I couldn't get right back to sleep :P
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Also, why do I think these may be the few times a PUG has no shortage of tanks to pull from? :P
benebarba

Postby Bunni » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:49 am

I would be interested EU side if it doesn't start too early in the evenings.
I'm mostly Horde, I do have a couple Alliance DKs but they have pretty spotty gear and tend to just tank 5 mans and joust. :)
Keeping the gaming world safe for old folks. www.theoldergamers.com
Bunni

Postby sfrog » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:59 am

I rarely have time available during the weekday, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this!
Without Honor...there is no Hope.
sfrog

Postby Mukat » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:27 pm

I've been keeping my eye on one of those sites where you sign up for real id raids since I need to finish my shadowmourne AND collect heroic off set plate for transmog, but most of those raids either have shards on reserve or they're open roll which worries me about how many people will be rolling on them. I suppose I could organize one myself but man that would be a ton of work!
Mukat

Postby Cogglamp » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:25 am

I was thinking about the run over the weekend and was wondering if anyone had objections of me clearing Flame leviathan ahead of time. Given that orbituary is very common and the boss itself (and trash) can be time consuming, I thought we could use our time on other bosses. Thoughts?
Cogglamp

Postby theckhd » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:50 am

I really doubt that's necessary. We'll be able to breeze through the place so as it is.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Fetzie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:42 am

You can just drive down the middle and nuke FL dead in 20 seconds nowadays, the vehicles have insane health and damage with 390+ item level.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby benebarba » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:54 am

theckhd wrote:I really doubt that's necessary. We'll be able to breeze through the place so as it is.

I could go either way, but Theck has a great point.

When my guild went through there 8-manning it a couple weeks ago, we only really lost time to a really dumb wipe at the FL trash (vehicles!? who needs vehicles! :oops:) and no one knowing the layout of the place or strategies on the fights that required you to pay attention to mechanics.
benebarba

Postby Andurin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:45 am

Trew Sagara a message with info about my characters ^^
Andurin

Postby Sagara » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:59 am

Which leads me to the following - I've been pushing more and more away from organizing and such - I can't afford the time with the call center being complete FUBAR.

IS there any courageous soul that would like to see everyone's availability and preferred faction for EU?

Sorry :-/
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 am

Sagara wrote:Which leads me to the following - I've been pushing more and more away from organizing and such - I can't afford the time with the call center being complete FUBAR.

IS there any courageous soul that would like to see everyone's availability and preferred faction for EU?

I'm not an organisational talent and setting up my guilds weekly alt DS runs gives me a regular headache already, but occaisionally setting something up, I can do. (I fail even harder at raidleading btw, tunnelvision ftw)
Got all roles EU hordeside, dps/heals EU alliance on offer.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Andurin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:31 am

Sagara wrote:Which leads me to the following - I've been pushing more and more away from organizing and such - I can't afford the time with the call center being complete FUBAR.

I could give it a shot for the first one. And if its going well i`ll try and set it up at a more regular interval (once every 2 weeks, or once a month for example). Could you pm me with the details I need to know? :)
Andurin

Postby claisa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:09 am

Eu - the occasional saturday night

alliance
holy/prot pally

Horde
Mage Arcane/fire
claisa

Postby Cogglamp » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:00 am

Updated with interested parties.

As for the Leviathan pre-clear, I hear you loud and clear. I've left it up. I think we're looking for for at least a full 10 man group tonight which I'm excited about. I'll make no bones about my raid leading skills. I'm just a scrub with some half decent organizational skills. I'm a better soldier than a general so if anyone in our Ulduar run has tips, feel free to speak up.

@ Andurin

I'm happy to help with the organization of it. Let me know what I can do to help an EU group get off the ground.
Cogglamp

PreviousNext

Return to General