Remove Advertisements

Things to do before Pandaclysm

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Things to do before Pandaclysm

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:08 am

Flex wrote:
bldavis wrote:the problem with that is you cant pick a talent spec even

So? Base paladin abilities are fairly Holy oriented level 7 you get Holy Light, level 9 you get Word of Glory which is the most important part for a mana using hybrid class as it doesn't use your resource pool.

Leveling a hunter was the most frustrating experience I ever had until I could glyph Misdirection. But being a completely neutered hunter it might not suck as much.

what you had said in your previous post was about picked a spec
but i agree, out of all the plate classes i would do this with a paladin (esp since you only choose between warrior and pally...)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:12 am

bldavis wrote:what you had said in your previous post was about picked a spec
but i agree, out of all the plate classes i would do this with a paladin (esp since you only choose between warrior and pally...)

I was countering the claim that specialization for Hybrids is geared off of the level 10 spec choice as it related to Paladins in relation to an Iron Man situation.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:20 am

Flex wrote:
bldavis wrote:what you had said in your previous post was about picked a spec

I was countering the claim that specialization for Hybrids is geared off of the level 10 spec choice as it related to Paladins in relation to an Iron Man situation.

....nm
i misread your post
sorry bout that

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:08 pm

I still like Huntard for this the best, although when I was originally levelling my healer Pally with the original Draenei heal, I would use it a ton after combat as it is mana free. I just think having a pet, being at range, having Feign are huge. There used to be videos of some guy soloing all Vanilla end-game content being a naked hunter with a bow, I mean of course it is ez mode.

Dps pets are available right away, and you can basically sacrifice them if needed. You can spam Mend pet, and even an untallented pet can hold their own vs most mobs 1v1. I think a Gorilla pet might be nice later on, although taming any kind of pet in trash gear has got to be an experience. Again, I still think a general strat of staying away from danger would be in order given the lack of talents/ propper gear.

With the removal of bubble/hearth (even if it was allowable) Paladins do not have a comparable escape to Feign. Even Rogues do not have a pet that can taunt to by time for Feign/Vanish to come off CD. Huntards simply have the most remaining baseline escapes unless you are really good with a Rogue. A Huntard pet could taunt even an invis seeing mob, and keep it busy so a Huntard could get far enough away to Feign so as not to re-aggro afterwards.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:18 pm

leveling my hunter was "Oh I crit with an auto-shot guess I'll be meleeing this mob" but neutered hunters wont have that issue I'd imagine. Pets in general are horrible at holding threat with no talent points spent.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:32 pm

made a new thread for the ironman challenge
link

bldavis

Previous

Return to General