When was the last time you cast CLEANSE?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

When was the last time you cast CLEANSE?

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:10 pm

I was just looking where I could put something that was easy. I have every ability bound and then my two trinkets I keep bound and just move the trinket down to my action bar if I change it for a fight. I have to do that often though when switching to my TB trinket so I was looking at something to get rid of. I'm like hmm which of these do I never use. I never switch to seal of insight since I'm just doing normal modes, plus I like having it there in case something crazy happens and I'd actually remember to switch to it.

Then I was looking at cleanse.. remember when we could get rid of everything? I mean it is what hands down made me the best tank to have in 5 mans ( among other things), and it made me a better tank to have in a raid period. I know I hate warriors and bash them all the time, but man it was epic being able to dispel things while tanking. I can't remember the last time I've hit a dispel button. As a matter of fact I feel like they are just going to take that type of mechanic out of the game no one even specs dispel anymore, they haven't had a boss fight in firelands that needed dispels ( except that one trash guy who you wipe on because no one specs dispel). The last time dispel mattered was on V&T and sinestra. Necrotic plague in ICC. I guess that one thing on warlord zonozz. I just remember olden days when it was a mechanic on almost every encounter.

I'm definitely unbinding my cleanse button, but just thought I'd post this in general. Oh and I WTB old holy radiance. I hate having to cast it, by the time I'm even done with the cast it ends up hitting like two people.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Re: When was the last time you cast CLEANSE?

Postby culhag » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:19 pm

I use cleanse every time I farm Skadi in UP, if his poison is still ticking at the end. :P

But yeah, in a serious setting I haven't used it in a long time.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:22 pm

Mostly, I like to use cleanse for either myself when paired with a healer who can't get rid of poisons or diseases; or for a healer who doesn't realise they have a poison or disease.

It's more fun to use it on healers.

However, I can probably unbind it.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:24 pm

My favourite was self-dispelling Steelbreaker's Fusion Punch. Went back there recently and was like "awwww goddamn it I can't do it by myself anymore!"

Oddly enough, I seem to remember dispelling something in one of the new dungeons just last week but can't for the life of me remember what it was. It surprised me just showing up on Grid at all.
Last edited by Nikachelle on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby mavfin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:25 pm

culhag wrote:I use cleanse every time I farm Skadi in UP, if his poison is still ticking at the end. :P

But yeah, in a serious setting I haven't used it in a long time.

Well, cleanse w/o magic, yeah, not used much. There are occasional diseases and poisons, but not much. Magic, otoh, holy paladins still have stuff to use cleanse for.

In the new dungeons, there's a few nasty dots to cleanse, and a disease in End Time on the Sylvanas trash.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby poptart » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:26 pm

ALL THE FRICKING TIME!!!!

But then, I am Holy spec and love clicking that little micro-box that Decursive gives me! :)

Poptart
poptart

Postby Flex » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:40 pm

poptart wrote:ALL THE FRICKING TIME!!!!

But then, I am Holy spec and love clicking that little micro-box that Decursive gives me! :)

Poptart

Wish Decursive was smart enough to know when I have been hit by a root when in Ret spec.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Cowmmunion » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:12 pm

I have it on my taskbar, but I don't think I've ever hit it.
Cowmmunion

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Same, I'm sad.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fafhrd » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:41 pm

We bitch at our holy pally roughly thrice a week for not having the talent for dispelling.

Especially when we wiped during heroic rag progression to him getting hit by lava waves somehow.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Jeremoot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:44 pm

I too miss Cleansing, and I REALLY miss when Cleanse didn't go off if there was nothing to cleanse.
Jeremoot

Postby Treck » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Honestly removed it from my bars, have no idea how to find it if i would have to use it in a moments notice.
Think im more likely to use bubble to remove it if i had to get rid of it fast :P
Treck

Postby fafhrd » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Treck wrote:Honestly removed it from my bars, have no idea how to find it if i would have to use it in a moments notice.
Think im more likely to use bubble to remove it if i had to get rid of it fast :P

In a pinch, I've used /cast to cast spells whose locations I don't remember in the spellbook. I'm terrible at clicking in combat anyway, so it's faster to type.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:51 pm

I've had mine bound to alt-C forever (C is Rebuke). I think the last time I used it may have been in the Lost City of Tol'Vir.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:25 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Treck wrote:Honestly removed it from my bars, have no idea how to find it if i would have to use it in a moments notice.

In a pinch, I've used /cast to cast spells whose locations I don't remember in the spellbook. I'm terrible at clicking in combat anyway, so it's faster to type.

Hah so i'm not the only silly who writes commands when he can't find a spell :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to General