Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:05 am

Doubt it is soloable, the fire debuff hurts too much.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8758
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:11 am

Worldie wrote:Doubt it is soloable, the fire debuff hurts too much.


I'm a Death Knight. I laugh at your Fire Debuff. AND you can time throwing the totems, so that he never pulverizes the platform he lands on, thus never ending up with the fire debuff, Or at least significantly cutting down how much he has it.

The big question becomes, what happens if and when you run out of platforms.

I think I also want to try Archbishop, and possibly Jaina, I will need help for her trash though.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby poptart » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:15 am

Shoju wrote:I soloed Asira Dawnslayer again. I'm thinking I'm going to try and Solo The Moo Cow in End Time next.


That could be brutal with always getting totem dumped, always having your island break apart AND having to deal with the debuff. Can you clear away a magic debuff with AMS?

What happens if you get all 4 islands broken and you are now swimming in lava with multipe stacks of the debuff because your DPS is not high enough to down him quicker?

Poptart
poptart
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:27 am

poptart wrote:
Shoju wrote:I soloed Asira Dawnslayer again. I'm thinking I'm going to try and Solo The Moo Cow in End Time next.


That could be brutal with always getting totem dumped, always having your island break apart AND having to deal with the debuff. Can you clear away a magic debuff with AMS?

What happens if you get all 4 islands broken and you are now swimming in lava with multipe stacks of the debuff because your DPS is not high enough to down him quicker?

Poptart



1.) Totem drops should be the only time that I'm in the lava, as I should be able to time the totems to stun him as he jumps for pulverize, stunning him, and making him not break the platforms. I also have IBF, AMS, Army of the Dead (both cast time, and time the ghouls tank him) to help mitigate the fire debuff.

2.) AMS won't 'clear' it, the way bubble will, but timing its use during swings, can seriously mitigate how many stacks I get, and how much damage I take, combine that with it only being applied on successful swing, and I can use DRW for that, and possible wear 4t12 to lengthen the time that my avoidance sits around 50%.

3.) I worry about being able to do things often enough, right enough, that I can get him down before the 4 platforms break. it is very much a timing type of thing with the totem throws on him for pulverize, and I'm curious what he will do if I pull him to shore.

Again, I'm not saying I can Solo him, but I'm thinking about giving it the good ol college try
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:29 am

The jump is on a timer, if he is stunned when the timer is set to go off he wont jump. At least in my experience.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:48 am

Flex wrote:The jump is on a timer, if he is stunned when the timer is set to go off he wont jump. At least in my experience.


I didn't know that. I know that I've stunned him 'in the air' and it has happened. Good tip.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby poptart » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:28 am

Shoju wrote:and I'm curious what he will do if I pull him to shore.


I don't believe you can get to shore. A "fire wall" goes up when you engage that is "just" short of the shore and prevents you from getting up on the shore, I believe.

Once the 4 islands go, that is it and you are in the lava.

Poptart
poptart
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Amirya » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Neither success nor frustration, but pretty damn funny to me.

In LFR on my shaman last night, and we wipe on Madness. Another healer calls for the 20k hunter to be kicked, and the leader keeps threatening to kick the healer if the hunter is kicked.

We kicked the hunter.

Then we kicked the leader.

What made it funny to me is that the leader had such an issue with the healer, who was #3 (I was #1). I had to commiserate with the healer. "She had it out for you bad, but her healing was as bad as her friend's dps."

Yes, the leader was also a healer, who was #6 out of 6 healers...by a huge margin. (I will see if I can post a pic of Skada for that fight later, if need be.)
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Baine is completely, utterly totally, soloable. I worked on it Sunday morning, and was closing in on getting it done, but then the instances reset on me, and I was unable to get him to spawn again :(

I'm considering Recording the kill.

It was very amusing when after 90 minutes of being in End Time, a guildie was like... "That has to be the worst run ever right?" And I had to explain that I was soloing Baine. The hardest part was finding a good spot to stand for the totem smash. The Shortest distance is with your back facing the cave
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby mavfin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Amirya wrote:
Yes, the leader was also a healer, who was #6 out of 6 healers...by a huge margin. (I will see if I can post a pic of Skada for that fight later, if need be.)


Of course, healing meters are such crap in LFR, anyway. We had a druid as #1 the other night, spamming tranquility on cooldown, running HoTs on everyone he could as much as possible, and a pally healer that didn't cast really anything but radiance, who was #2. With all that going on, I healed spikes, did whack-a-mole on stuff, beaconed one of the tanks, dispelled on fights that needed it,(which #1 and #2 weren't doing) and ended up #4.

So, yeah, healing meters are not really indicative of the quality much of the time. Anyone can spam AoE and overheal and top the meters. With my pally on the first half of LFR, most of the time I can stand and melee the boss for mana, so I could spam Radiance and Divine Light and top meters pretty easily w/o mana issues, and not be worth crap as a healer in the end.

(Not saying your assessment wasn't right in this case, Amirya.)
--Mav
mavfin
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:24 pm

i love being called a crap healer when i am #3 or 4 on over all healing, but i have dps over me on overhealing and the top healers are like 30%+ over heals...ie the amount of healing they are above me on overall
oh and being one of the only healers with mana in P2 on madness (yay for being smart, using mana tide, and tel currents now that i am specced into it!)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Amirya » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 pm

No, you're quite right, and I was kind of baffled as to how I was #1 when I get these weird and bizarre lag spikes (AGAIN!).

I also don't particularly care about healing meters if the numbers are close, or "close enough." But in this case...her healing was something like 8% (I'm at work, so I can't verify, and I'm pretty sure I didn't clear Skada).

I just found it more amusing she's repeatedly /rw KICK THE SHAMAN, and the next votekick up was to boot her.

Edit: Oh shit, just realised the priest and the hunter are on my server. Ignore list!
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:18 am

Amirya wrote:I just found it more amusing she's repeatedly /rw KICK THE SHAMAN, and the next votekick up was to boot her.

This kind of behaviour can be very "dangerous" for self in LFD/LFR.

I more often than not, when in group with someone dumb that keeps insulting me, initiate a votekick with written "noob <myclass>", the votekick goes through, and then suddently people realize they kicked someone else instead. (generally the retard)
It works in LFR as many people don't really read who is being kicked, just lemmingly press "yes". As result, they probably did intend to kick the shaman, without realizing they votekick was issued against the leader.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8758
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby theckhd » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:25 am

bldavis wrote:but i have dps over me on overhealing and the top healers are like 30%+ over heals...ie the amount of healing they are above me on overall


Don't most healing meters automatically ignore overheal now? I thought Recount did, anyway. I honestly don't remember though, as I can't remember the last time I looked at healing meters that closely (for all the reasons you and Ami mentioned - healing the most is not the same as healing the right people).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:54 am

Worldie wrote:
Amirya wrote:I just found it more amusing she's repeatedly /rw KICK THE SHAMAN, and the next votekick up was to boot her.

This kind of behaviour can be very "dangerous" for self in LFD/LFR.

I more often than not, when in group with someone dumb that keeps insulting me, initiate a votekick with written "noob <myclass>", the votekick goes through, and then suddently people realize they kicked someone else instead. (generally the retard)
It works in LFR as many people don't really read who is being kicked, just lemmingly press "yes". As result, they probably did intend to kick the shaman, without realizing they votekick was issued against the leader.

It takes like 10 people to vote to kick before it even initiates the pop-up, and you can't type anything into the reason block. Hell... I've seen people get kicked without ever receiving the pop-up (and I didn't vote to kick.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3573
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby halabar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:43 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Amirya wrote:I just found it more amusing she's repeatedly /rw KICK THE SHAMAN, and the next votekick up was to boot her.

This kind of behaviour can be very "dangerous" for self in LFD/LFR.

I more often than not, when in group with someone dumb that keeps insulting me, initiate a votekick with written "noob <myclass>", the votekick goes through, and then suddently people realize they kicked someone else instead. (generally the retard)
It works in LFR as many people don't really read who is being kicked, just lemmingly press "yes". As result, they probably did intend to kick the shaman, without realizing they votekick was issued against the leader.

It takes like 10 people to vote to kick before it even initiates the pop-up, and you can't type anything into the reason block. Hell... I've seen people get kicked without ever receiving the pop-up (and I didn't vote to kick.)


It only takes 5 to get the popup.

What infuriates me is the dickwads who start kicking so they have a better chance at loot, or the raging hardcores that immediately kick the lowest dps because the healers caused a wipe. Or healers get kicked because tanks didn't taunt.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby halabar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:45 am

Amirya wrote:Neither success nor frustration, but pretty damn funny to me.

In LFR on my shaman last night, and we wipe on Madness. Another healer calls for the 20k hunter to be kicked, and the leader keeps threatening to kick the healer if the hunter is kicked.

We kicked the hunter.

Then we kicked the leader.

What made it funny to me is that the leader had such an issue with the healer, who was #3 (I was #1). I had to commiserate with the healer. "She had it out for you bad, but her healing was as bad as her friend's dps."

Yes, the leader was also a healer, who was #6 out of 6 healers...by a huge margin. (I will see if I can post a pic of Skada for that fight later, if need be.)


Yep, idiots kicking the good people so they themselves don't get kicked.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Archeth » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:06 am

I've also seen disc priests kicked for "low healing" after wipes which were strictly the fault of DPS not doing their thing and some guys being downright AFK. In one case after a madness wipe on the far right island, the healer with the biggest e-peen kept listing Recount's "healing done" stats until the lowest healer (disc priest) was kicked. According to Skada's "absorbs & healing" he actually produced the same output as the next healer, and as someone said before, healing meters in LFR are pointless because there's so much heal sniping and AoE spamming going on, someone has to end up dead last.

Alright, that isn't really amusing...
Image
Archeth
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 4:14 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:14 am

Here is an amusement for you. I healed a H:HOT run last night on my Shaman, and the group was so good, so awesome, so pro, that I ended up doing more damage done than healing from simple LB spam.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby djlar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:31 am

I queued to H. WoE last night to cap VPs, I left my group amused, pulling 110K on some fights, on non buffed single target did 44K on Mannarot 180K (magistrate arc is awesome)

I usually better get the 30 min debuff on WoE because it's a bit boring but this group was good, although the second guy in DPS was doing a 3rd hehe..
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 am

Archeth wrote:I've also seen disc priests kicked for "low healing" after wipes which were strictly the fault of DPS not doing their thing and some guys being downright AFK. In one case after a madness wipe on the far right island, the healer with the biggest e-peen kept listing Recount's "healing done" stats until the lowest healer (disc priest) was kicked. According to Skada's "absorbs & healing" he actually produced the same output as the next healer, and as someone said before, healing meters in LFR are pointless because there's so much heal sniping and AoE spamming going on, someone has to end up dead last.

Alright, that isn't really amusing...

I did double check Skada for the Absorbs/Healing, the priest (who turned out to be disc) was still at the bottom of the list. I just...have nothing.

And in her case, she was kicked on purpose - one person said, "see ya" right after she kicked, then "aww." And another 4-5 people were all, "thank GOD."
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby warden » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:08 pm

In the process waiting for a gm to fix a bugged-out friendly rhyolith....

Image
Image

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:11 pm

LOL! Let us know if you manage to recruit the GM. :D
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 am

I'm pretty much the only one that runs a log in the raid. I tend to be spot on for logging the first night. It is the second night I tend to completely botch, which has fallen to a weird case of it affecting progression. If I log the second night we will never kill a progression boss, however if I don't log the second night we will kill a progression boss. Happened once again last night where we got two new bosses down in Dragon Soul and I wasn't running a log.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Archeth » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Run LoggerHead so you'll always be successful from now on :p
Image
Archeth
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 4:14 pm
Location: Switzerland

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest