Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Era » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:49 am

Klaudandus wrote:I see your original Space Jam and raise you Slam of the North Star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uints81YYMc

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:54 am

Era wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I see your original Space Jam and raise you Slam of the North Star

There's a whole reddit dedicated to mixing Space Jam with other songs, some obviously better than others.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:51 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Era wrote:

There's a whole reddit dedicated to mixing Space Jam with other songs, some obviously better than others.

Pretty sure there is a reddit for everything.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:51 am

Is there a reddit about germans waxing brazilians? XD
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:15 am

Klaudandus wrote:Is there a reddit about germans waxing brazilians? XD

If there isn't already, someone will make it (isn't that Rule 34? :P)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:15 am

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http% ... uthorName=

this makes me giggle more than it should.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:51 pm

I signed up for GISHWHES.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Amirya wrote:I signed up for GISHWHES.

And my team is formed. I'm a member of ReTARDISsLovesHideousCHUDSLovesMemeTemeLovesLittleOrca.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:32 am

So, I have a coworker that was convinced to join us (which meant I had to resub after 7 months, but whatever). She prepurchased Warlords, and boosted a 90 hunter at my recommendation, based on her past WoW experience, her expectations, and what she really wanted to do.

Then my roommate ("I am not a hunter!") proceeded to confuse her so badly that she started getting frustrated ("This was a mistake!"). And he made it worse, "Talk to Ami, she plays a hunter decently." Which was followed by me, "Uh, YOU suggested to her that she play Beastmaster. YOU explain it to her, I don't play it."

(His explanation of hunters, summarized. "Beastmasters are good because their pets do a lot of damage, the other two are okay but their pets don't do as much damage. Your big attack is Kill Command. Just shoot things. Okay, let's go do a scenario." Wow, an amazing 13k DPS from her 'cause of that nonsense.)

So last night, I had to do a Hunter Training Seminar for both of them. "Here's what each spell will do, here are examples in which you would use them, here are the training dummies, go practice until the rotation feels natural." I gave them a Misdirection macro, explained how to use it and what it does, they tested it.

Once they were decently comfortable, we head to the Timeless Isle to get her some of the purples. But she keeps dying somehow. I'm thinking she just hasn't learned to react to the environment yet.

Nope, turns out that my roommate was misdirecting everything to her, since she was his focus and so the macro was misdirecting to her.

She was cussing him out once she found out.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:24 pm

she keeps dying somehow.

my roommate was misdirecting everything to her

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:54 am

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:24 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby Passionario » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:55 am

If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:56 am

Today I figured I'd try to gear up my hunter. I joined some LFR after over 6 months of not doing any.

After leaving several SoO LFRs at the first boss before wiping, I can say I'm amused by how after almost 1 year since SoO LFR opening, people can't either follow very simple tasks (kill add, run up a tower, not stand in generic shit that 1shots you) and expecially by how a good 1/3rd of the DPS in raid supposedly in 496 gear has issues surpassing 30k dps.

I can see why WoW is dropping another million in subs sadly.

Actually, a guildie of mine made a valid point on this subject: the game got so easy, that it has progressively "bred" a playerbase of idiots. Thus, outside of raiding guild, most players can't even commit to easy tasks in raids :s
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Worldie wrote:Today I figured I'd try to gear up my hunter. I joined some LFR after over 6 months of not doing any.

After leaving several SoO LFRs at the first boss before wiping, I can say I'm amused by how after almost 1 year since SoO LFR opening, people can't either follow very simple tasks (kill add, run up a tower, not stand in generic shit that 1shots you) and expecially by how a good 1/3rd of the DPS in raid supposedly in 496 gear has issues surpassing 30k dps.

I can see why WoW is dropping another million in subs sadly.

Actually, a guildie of mine made a valid point on this subject: the game got so easy, that it has progressively "bred" a playerbase of idiots. Thus, outside of raiding guild, most players can't even commit to easy tasks in raids :s

Well, it's not really that. the original DS was bitterly awful at the end of Cata. Really really really bad. Now, you have two issues going. First, the better players have long since vacated LFR for the most part, and with the legendary quest and the recent buffs, even more of "the masses" are heading in there than ever have before. So yeah, it's bad.

It's not really any different than before, it's just made worse by the numbers and the carrot on the stick.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General