Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:55 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby lythac » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:15 am

5 Ordos Kills (4 bonus rolls)

3 of the same loot.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Fetzie » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Arnock » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:03 pm

So, Facebook just bought Occulus VR...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 28061.html

So much for wanting one of those...
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Fetzie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Not long after that announcement, Markus Persson (Notch, the guy that made Minecraft) cancelled the project to put Minecraft on the Oculus Rift.

Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:15 pm

I have no idea what the hell Facebook wants with the Oculus.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I have no idea what the hell Facebook wants with the Oculus.

Maybe they reckon you can be convinced to go buy a burger if the advertisement actually places you in a burger joint (for example).

Fetzie

Postby Era » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:00 am

From Notch's blog on the issue:

Of course, [Oculus] wanted Minecraft. I said that it doesn't really fit the platform, since it's very motion based, runs on java (that has a hard time delivering rock solid 90 fps, especially since the players build their own potentially hugely complex levels), and relies a lot on GUI. But perhaps it would be cool to do a slimmed down version of Minecraft for the Oculus. Something free, similar to the Minecraft PI Edition, perhaps? So I suggested that, and our people started talking to their people to see if something could be done.

And then, not two weeks later, Facebook buys them.

Facebook is not a company of grass-roots tech enthusiasts. Facebook is not a game tech company. Facebook has a history of caring about building user numbers, and nothing but building user numbers. People have made games for Facebook platforms before, and while it worked great for a while, they were stuck in a very unfortunate position when Facebook eventually changed the platform to better fit the social experience they were trying to build.

Don't get me wrong, VR is not bad for social. In fact, I think social could become one of the biggest applications of VR. Being able to sit in a virtual living room and see your friend's avatar? Business meetings? Virtual cinemas where you feel like you're actually watching the movie with your friend who is seven time zones away?

But I don't want to work with social, I want to work with games.

Fortunately, the rise of Oculus coincided with competitors emerging. None of them are perfect, but competition is a very good thing. If this means there will be more competition, and VR keeps getting better, I am going to be a very happy boy. I definitely want to be a part of VR, but I will not work with Facebook. Their motives are too unclear and shifting, and they haven't historically been a stable platform. There's nothing about their history that makes me trust them, and that makes them seem creepy to me.

And I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition.

I have the greatest respect for the talented engineers and developers at Oculus. It's been a long time since I met a more dedicated and talented group of people. I understand this is purely a business deal, and I'd like to congratulate both Facebook and the Oculus owners. But this is where we part ways.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Passionario » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:54 am

For all your high definition streaming needs:

If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Nooska » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:17 am

*squint* not sure if very well done troll, or crazy german company...
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:05 pm

Just when I was starting to get tired of playing Hearthstone, I had one of the funniest losses so far.

Warrior vs Priest, on turn four he uses Mindgames and it pulls out my Alexstrasza. Luckily I could kill her with what was in my hand.

A Mind Vision and Thoughtsteal later, he's got Shield Block up, two Armorsmiths and a stolen Acolyte of Pain on the board and he's chaining spells with a Wild Pyromancer. He gets 15 armor and a full hand of cards, but clears his own board.

And it just kept getting crazier, because next he cast Mindgames and got my Ragnaros. And used my Faceless Manipulator on it. And the turn after he dropped my Thought-stolen Ragnaros. And then he dropped his own Ragnaros. And then I got my Ragnaros and he Mind Controlled it.

I didn't even mind losing, it was such a ridiculous game. I mean, there's no shame at all in losing to five Ragnaros'.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:11 pm

That sort of priest decks can either pull out amazing shit if you get lucky, or pure garbage if you get shit cards :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Xfighter » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:33 am

I went against a priest who was able to thoughtsteal/mind vision from me: Tirion, LoH, Ysera and kings, true silver and one other. He MC'd my ysera, then played another. LoH'd out tirion, then a rag. After that I cant remember. I believe I killed everything until the Rag, by that point my hand/deck was clear of board clearing potential.

Hence why when I get a coin now against a priest, I try mybest to save it until turn 7/8, to get an extra turn out of my legendaries.
Xfighter

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:33 am

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... stand.html

Creationists hate this guy, including catholic creationists -- and he just won the Vatican's Laetare Medal, given to a Catholic "whose genius has ennobled the arts and sciences, ... and enriched the heritage of humanity"

I wonder how many heads will explode.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:05 am

All aboard the feels train!
http://youtu.be/8_GWPEKY_jk
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

PreviousNext

Return to General