Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Oh my. The rivers of tears and the magnitude of asspain over the price of character boosts. It's almost too much.

Complaints of too high or too low? I haven't checked the price, so can't make my own decision about how much I care XD

It's 60 dollars.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:21 pm

It had been accidentally enabled when US servers came up for few minutes, and the price written was 60$. Might still change, but to me it sounds fine. Not buying it ever, though.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:37 pm

So I can purchase a level 90 character for the price of a new game. Wouldn't be my first choice to spend money on, but I can definitely say it also wouldn't be my last.

I get bored with the leveling grind (regardless of how short some people have managed to science it down to.) If I can have some instant gratification to test out some class I haven't managed to get past level 10? I'm okay with that. Would I rather there be some way to do so without spending $60? Yes, but then it should probably be a non-permanent character.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:43 pm

PTR ftw...

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:21 am

From someone who had 26 lvl 85 in Cata, and now sitting at 15 lvl 90 (prrrr Bldavis), I can tell you some of us do enjoy leveling ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:37 am

Today promises to be an interesting day.

On the way from my work's cafeteria to my desk, I saw a pair of women's (white with black floral type designed) panties in the bushes between my building and my parking garage.

No pics, as my hands were full, and frankly, that'd be kinda gross. But, wow...
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:04 am

Worldie wrote:From someone who had 26 lvl 85 in Cata, and now sitting at 15 lvl 90 (prrrr Bldavis), I can tell you some of us do enjoy leveling ;)

:twisted: :twisted:
gauntlet thrown down?

i only have 2 more 85+ toons, and then 2 more that are in northrend even...so i cap out at 21 easy 90s
and i only had 13 85s at the end of cata

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:22 pm

Most of my old lvl 85s are sitting abandoned on the Italian servers and I don't plan to relevel them.
Of my current 13 lvl 90s, 5 have been leveled from 1 in this expansion.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Reddit hivemind not understanding how expensive it is to make a TV show and how the current horrible cable system actually encourages and helps networks take risks on creating high quality TV shows, and also makes "reality" shows a low risk/high reward alternative.

But you know, I'm sure Netflix with their razor thin profits could totally keep up with every cable and broadcast network out there in original programming without raising prices
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:48 pm

The first few paragraphs of this article are among the best things I've ever read:

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/arc ... es/357580/
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:09 am

Reminder: depspite workind 5 years in IT, I've never had formal training in the field, let alone programation.

Picture my surprise when someone asked me how he could hack his GF's Facebook.
The funny? I eventually taught him the basics of a man-in-the-middle, based on what I've learned on the subject from WoW...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:53 am

Is that even ethical? =O

Also, LOL Arizona
http://azstarnet.com/news/state-and-reg ... 963f4.html
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:08 am

Klaudandus wrote:Is that even ethical? =O

Also, LOL Arizona
http://azstarnet.com/news/state-and-reg ... 963f4.html

I'm sharing what little I know on the subject, easily within reach of a smart Google and the absolute basics of conning. If the guy's dumb enough to go with it, whelp, that's his sociopathy doing the talking.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:10 am

I'd just not even bother with him...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Ironshield » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:54 am

KysenMurrin wrote:The first few paragraphs of this article are among the best things I've ever read:

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/arc ... es/357580/

It takes a certain kind of personal-injury lawyer to look at the facts of this glittering night and wrest from them a plausible plaintiff and defendant, unless it were possible for Travis Hughes to be sued by his own anus.

Genius :)
Ironshield

PreviousNext

Return to General