Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:12 am

cdan wrote:Just seen the latest patch notes (sorry if I am late to the party) and noticed that they have nerfed Dark Shaman for LFR.

So the red circle of death is now the red circle of ouch-ies and the slimey things have boo-boo aura damage, down from bloody hell!

My Mother always told me that whining and crying would not get me what I wanted. Clearly another case of her lying to me.

:shock:

:o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby econ21 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:40 pm

cdan wrote:Just seen the latest patch notes (sorry if I am late to the party) and noticed that they have nerfed Dark Shaman for LFR.

They did not nerf it enough, I fear. I went through 3 co-tanks today before we killed it, each quitting after only one (not very bad) wipe. It does feel an insane fight to tank (or do anything, I suspect) for the first few times, just like Lei Shen did.
econ21

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Went to clear a few bosses in 10N after doing Flex. Trash takes for fucking ever; I figure DPS is being lazy after clearing Flex, and we're all joking around on vent anyway.

No one notices we're set to 25N until the boss is at 50%. Hilarity ensues. End up wiping at the end of the slime phase, possibly because healers were laughing too hard.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby cdan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:42 pm

econ21 wrote:

They did not nerf it enough, I fear. I went through 3 co-tanks today before we killed it, each quitting after only one (not very bad) wipe. It does feel an insane fight to tank (or do anything, I suspect) for the first few times, just like Lei Shen did.

I must admit that I have not tanked it yet. I've run it as Ret and on my Shadow Priest - the latter was the wipe fest where I out healed a Pally healer and all I was doing was casting the occasional PoM and Vamp Embrace.

Until they make it a plain tank and spank it'll be a problem fight because of the dps types who couldn't find their WASD keys even if you hit them in the face with that end of the keyboard.
cdan

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:43 pm

cdan wrote:Until they make it a plain tank and spank it'll be a problem fight because of the dps types who couldn't find their WASD keys even if you hit them in the face with that end of the keyboard.

I honestly expect the three tank method to filter into LFR soon.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:50 pm

ive gotten to the point that i will gladly tank it...if i am with my normal cotank and on vent
at which point, we just use it as practice for flex/normal

but with another random tank..fuck that shit

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Flex wrote:I honestly expect the three tank method to filter into LFR soon.

I zoned into a Shaman with 2 stacks on my priest and talked them into this when it turned out there was a 3rd tank available. Smooth as peaches.

Only problem is, it's contingent on there being either a 3rd tank or someone with a taunt and a brain that the healers can work with.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:54 am

The amount of QQ that comes from the Censer on the island has really started to amuse me, I play on a PvE realm. I had a guy send me bnet friend requests calling me skill-less and mocking me for about 30 mins. And I had another guy instantly start calling me names and being a pre-teen for not understanding how I'm the horrible player.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:25 pm

*shows the glorious ignore button*
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Retirement doesn't feel too bad with an Hearthstone Beta! I'm enjoying the fuck out of the Pally deck atm. Got BOTH an Equaliser (all creatures are at 1Stam, which comboes with Consecrate to kill all evenmy creatyres) AND a Blessed whatsisname (double a creature's Strenght) in early packs. Boy those two can litteraly win a game!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:34 pm

my amusements are of political nature... =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:27 am

So I've been busy marathoning season 8 of Supernatural on Netflix. My roommate is getting sucked into watching it with me (he's only missed half an episode, and that's 'cause he was out of the house when I started it), and is pretending to hate it, but he will get up from his desk and sit on/by the couch, and just watch it. :lol:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:15 am

So stroll over to Theck's blog and start in on the latest and greatest. Now, PvP is a huge thing for me and I really enjoy world pvp more so than arenas/rbgs cause there's a side to it that I find thrilling.

However, the reason I'm here is, while I play on a PvE realm, I got into a group on Mal'ganis. The difference in QQ'ing abilities between PvE and PvP realms really made me chuckle. On my home realm, they complain in general chat for hours while the PvP one, they say 'no life nurds' or whisper you saying they're reporting you. And I generally just move on after killing someone that I clearly got the jump on but if you jump me and I win or beat you 2v1, I'll drop my Flag of Ownership. But when you call me a 'd-bag' and berating me in local chat while you're laying on the ground (still on Mal'ganis btw), which causes me to drop the Flag and simply say, 'now you can call me one' and then you go off in whispers calling me every swear word in multiple languages and stating you're reporting me...well.../popcorn.

I had another experience on my realm in which the guy comes at me and I have a nice 15 min long civil conversation with him all the while he's calling me a pre-teen and other stuff and it ends with finally reading what I was saying and doing a /salute because I mentioned I was military and then it's a 15 min long whisper fest from him talking about his family's military history.

But seriously though, Theck, /tips hat, thanks for the trip down memory pvp lane, lol.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:24 am

The level of retardness of the Italian gaming communities never fails to amaze me.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:04 am

So this is both amusing and frustrating, but there's no "post your bewilderments!" thread, and it's not rage-inducing frustrating.

I'd been scheduled for some appoinments on 9/27, but I sent two notices to the medical team that they needed to be rescheduled due to family emergency. That was the date of my mother's surgery. I sent one initially that was read, but when it wasn't rescheduled, I sent a second notice. That, too, was read.

Today's note from them.

"Our records indicate you missed your PULM Study Visit Consult Sleep and PULM Overnight Oximetry appointments that were scheduled on 9/27/13..."

Really? The two requests to reschedule, with the notice of "family emergency" wasn't hint enough?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General