Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:35 am

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:21 am

I am getting Domino's Pizza ads in spanish here on maintankadin.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:18 am

My ads are always boring. :(
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Shoju » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:00 pm

So, as business online has picked up, I was able to hire an assistant. She's fresh out of high school, a graphic designer in training. She's.... interesting. I don't really understand her, as she is the type of girl in high school, I doubt I would have been friends with, based on personality.

Well, anyway, she got arrest for assault the other night, and had her day in court this morning. After hearing what she got, this is what I see happened in the court room

10 days in jail
a fine
2 years probation
anger management counseling
restraining order

Needless to say, I don't think that she is going to be doing that again.
Shoju

Postby cdan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:24 pm

...I would suggest a revision of your interview technique if you want to avoid this in future. Start off with a question like, "When confronted with a disgruntled customer do you a) knee them in the balls, b) slap them in the throat or c) all of the above?"
cdan

Postby Shoju » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm hoping that this is the wake up call that she desperately needs.

You are not in high school anymore. This is the real world, with real consequences.

The problem is, The jail she will be in, is in the city I live in, not this podunk village. So, they gave her work release, and the question becomes, how is she going to get to work.

I know that they are going to ask me, and I'm going to have to politely decline. I have been more than accommodating with the call offs to go skate boarding with her loser boyfriend, and calling off because she has a cold, and blah blah blah. I draw the line at being the chauffeur from jail.
Shoju

Postby Andurin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:29 pm

Shoju wrote:I'm hoping that this is the wake up call that she desperately needs.

You are not in high school anymore. This is the real world, with real consequences.

The problem is, The jail she will be in, is in the city I live in, not this podunk village. So, they gave her work release, and the question becomes, how is she going to get to work.

I know that they are going to ask me, and I'm going to have to politely decline. I have been more than accommodating with the call offs to go skate boarding with her loser boyfriend, and calling off because she has a cold, and blah blah blah. I draw the line at being the chauffeur from jail.

I do like how this is in the amusements topic, seeing as your her employer... :p My employer would post it in the frustrations topic, and a good chance that it would be all in caps to :lol:
Andurin

Postby Shoju » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:06 am

I'm completely amused. I even have a countdown on my dry erase board with a poorly drawn her behind bars. I've been trying to get her to understand that this isn't high school, this is real life all summer. Well, now she will have 10 days in the slammer to think about how shitty it is to behave like a spoiled brat as an adult.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:11 am

Can you not just fire someone who's been sent to jail? I mean come on now.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:26 am

Nikachelle wrote:Can you not just fire someone who's been sent to jail? I mean come on now.

I can fire anyone for anything. Ohio is pretty lax on that kind of thing. I don't really have to give a reason. The problem is, while I'm her "supervisor" and "she works for me", it's not really my call, for a couple of reasons.

1.) I'm not technically part of management.
2.) Her Grandfather has been employed here for..... uh.... well.... I'm pretty sure he came with the building when we bought it 27 years ago, and that would just be messy.
3.) My boss is her "real boss"
4.) when she is here, she does her job as well as can be expected for an 18 year old.
5.) If we fired convicts, we would lose a large majority of our staff.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Can you not just fire someone who's been sent to jail? I mean come on now.

Because anyone who's ever served time automattically should never work again? :roll: :roll:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amirya » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:47 pm

What? She didn't say that.

If this person's absence is going to negatively affect the flow of the company, then I would also support terminating her employment. I look at it as nothing more than a bunch of unexcused absences.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:10 pm

halabar wrote:

Because anyone who's ever served time automattically should never work again? :roll: :roll:

nika was referring to the fact she entered jail after her employment started
:roll: :roll:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Amirya wrote:What? She didn't say that.

If this person's absence is going to negatively affect the flow of the company, then I would also support terminating her employment. I look at it as nothing more than a bunch of unexcused absences.

Nikka painted with a pretty damn big brush. That sound like "OMG, she's in jail, fire her".

While it may be allowable to do so in certain states, here in CA, a 10-day unexcused leave, at least from a larger company, might be have to be allowed, unless there were other issues (performance, safety, etc.).

Sounds like Shoju's got a pretty reasonable grasp on this, especially considering the rest of the workforce.

halabar

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:16 pm

bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:

nika was referring to the fact she entered jail after her employment started
:roll: :roll:

So?... getting locked up for the weekend is automatically terms for firing?

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General